2006 Honda CR-V

Based on 769 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Overall Wonderful (car)

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Interior space and comfort, Driveable"

Cons: "4 Cyldr, Low undercarriage, Small wheels, low HP"

Painted black rims, Stock Silver, Grille guard added

"I get around 22 MPG Does not have a trailer hitch Wheels are small but yokohoma makes nice rugged geolanders for this size wheel Interior is comfortable and stays clean Great trunk space Love that the seats fold twice for extra trunk space OVERALL GREAT CAMPING VEHICLE"

Painted black rims, Stock Silver, Grille guard added

SUPER SMALL SUV

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST VEHICLE OF ALL TIME."

Good Small Family Value

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"I use it as a work vehicle, constantly carrying parts, tools and equipment to maintain radio stations at 35,000 miles/year. Good points: It has held up well with a peppy 4-cyl using 5W-20 oil, implying tight tolerances. Comfort and features are spartan ... not lavish. It handles well with respectable 24mpg highway average. It still has the original brakes at 130K with more to go. Bad Points: The factory BF Goodrich tires are HORRIBLE with poor performance and wear-demand replacements or walk. This is NOT an off-road car; it will get easily stuck in the mildest of farm pasture conditions and clearnace is TOO LOW. The "Maintenance" light is ALWAYS on with my use ... oil changes every 3750 mi. The air conditioner blew at 20K (not normal for a Honda). Somehow, the gas tank vapor canister was damaged at the same point (no accident???); the part, alone, was $900!!!! I first refused, finally relented and it's still a problem; the fuel system loses pressure when the gas cap is removed, meaning hard starts with every fillup. The dealer has insulted my intelligence at every turn and one can forget any support from Honda. Service wise, I feel like a slave to the car. It is not a bad car, but at this stage, I have a choice ... spend $2000 on service or use that money as a down-payment for a replacement. Ya' know, I have always liked Nissans. In truth, other folks generally have a better experience than mine but Honda can forget about me because of its policies and dealer support."

I Love , absolutely Love my HONDA

By on Sunday, January 6, 2008

"Never have I ever considered loving a vehicle. That's for guys. WRONG! THis CRV has everything I could want or need, except for the center console area, and that is minor compared to the performance and service record. I just love my Honda, and my service techs. So do all of us in the waiting area---do we get "Hondasized"? Just kidding, but EVERY Honda owner I know personally, love their car. You're doing it right! Thanks!"

Best Vehicle on my 2nd one

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I am on my 2nd CR-V. In 2002, when it was time to trade our conversion van, we still needed room for traveling with our children. The CR-V is perfect size.. The cargo area holds more than I would have EVER thought possible. I have even used the silly table that came with it on several occasions.In 2004, we decided to upgrade to the EX. Again we've had NO problems with it. It already has 94,000 miles on it and nothing has been replaced except tires. If I were to keep driving a SUV, I would most definitely purchase yet another CR-V"

Good Value

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Purchased my 2003 CR-V in August of 2003 with 14 miles for safety and dependability. During 3yr/30k warranty period, the rear differential needed repair. No cost. Vehicle came with digital compass on rear view mirror which is not a standard feature on the CRV. Needed repair twice within the first year. Malfunction light began displaying around 48,000 miles 3-1/2 yrs. A $100 test at dealership showed the Primary 02 sensor needed replacement. Even if the vehicle was under warranty, replacement is not covered. It is considered "maintenance". Cost parts and labor $560. Did not expect that to happen with a Honda while using only premium gasoline. The Drive Light bulb needed replacement after 50,000 miles. Cost for parts and labor $115. After that bulb was replaced, the backlight to the odometer went out 1 day later. Was going to be charged for additional labor, but got out of that. The leg room is perfect. Driver and front passenger seats are comfortable. The back seating is roomy but not comfortable. Feels durable and tough while driving. The cloth seats are durable. If vehicle is rear ended (at 10 miles /hr) by a smaller compact car, there will be damage to tailgate, the entire muffler system including the catalytic converter. Some repair shops will try to get away with not replacing the catalytic converter for insurance purposes. Replaced the Bridgestone Tires with Michelins at 53,000 miles. Made for much better drive. Original front breaks replaced at 39000 miles. Rear brakes are still good. Honda holds its value very well after it leaves the lot."

awesome; ready for the next 100K

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "great space to lug things. reliable!"

Cons: "can't have legs that are really long."

"This car has been tremendous. If I had not been lucky enough to have a car through work offered at my new job, Goldie would stay put in my garage. Amazing vehicle."

Very practical car

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Quality vehicle, has a very long life."

Cons: "Brand name parts cost more than off brand parts."

"I bought my CR-V new, just off the truck. I have traveled in the mountains, through the desert and in town. The handling is great, just like a car, not an SUV. The leather seats are easy to keep clean and the heated seats are AMAZING in the winter. I always kept up with scheduled maintenance at the dealership and I've had no problems. This vehicle keeps it value, it's a Honda. I'm very happy with this car."

Love my CR-V

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, handles well in snow"

Cons: "Engine is a little small."

"I bought my 2006 CR-V used in 2013 and I have to say it was one of the best purchases I've ever made. I bought the car with 100,000 miles and have since added almost 10,000. I love this car. It is such a relialbe vehichle and gets pretty good gas mileage for an SUV - consistently about 22 city and 26 Interstate. It handles beautifully in the snow, which I need living in Denver with a moderate commute. Seriously, it barely ever even slips in the snow. It has great storage abilities, since both back seats fold down. It came in handy having moved two times in the last year. I love all the cubbies in it as well. I also love my sunroof. I can't really say anything negative whatsoever about this car. I got rearended a few months ago pretty badly and the rear tire caught most of the damage. My vehicle barely needed any repairs and the guy that hit me totaled his vehicle (it completely crumpled his hood). This car is incredibly sturdy and I feel very safe riding in it, especially after than."

Great control in the snow, Gas mileage 24 mpg,

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Handles great in the snow. Stereo sounds great."

Cons: "Small arm rest."

"I've been buying Hondas since 1974. I found them to be very reliable. This veh. was 2 yrs. old when I purchased it in 2008. I like the color. It is the perfect size to handle all of my needs. Four people can ride in it comfortably. I've kept up with inspections every year. Usually just needs new brakes, rotors, tires, etc. I loved the ability to still play my cassettes that I had from that era. I found that I could haul 8' 2x4s. The sunroof, though I didn't use it much, was a great feature on this veh. It goes real good in the snow. Low maintenance."