2006 Honda CR-V

Based on 712 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Reliable

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"I have owned buick, subaru, grand marquis, euroford, pontiac and opel over the years. This one is by far the best everyday car. It is a 4W with a car feel."

Excellent Honda

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"I purchased the CRV in early 2006 after buying a 2004 Jeep Liberty just 2 years before. I made the right choice! This vehicle is such a good value. I was unhappy with the liberty because of the bouncy feeling when driving and it had already begun to feel worn and creaky after only 2 years. The gas mileage was poor and the interior was cramped with nowhere near enough compartments. My CRV has surpassed all expectations. It is still the same as I drove it off the lot over a year and a half ago. No creaks or mechanical problems. It runs smooth and has more of a car feel than the jeep. The interior has held up very well and it has plenty of room for everything you might need with compartments everywhere! My husband just purchased a new Accord after having his Civic (which I had to force him to get rid of!) for over 125,000 miles and it still ran perfect! I love my Honda and I will never buy any other brand."

Excelent Car!!!

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"The only problem I have had with the car is the aire conditioning , it brokw and i had to replace the whole system, but since I did with the Honda service department now is again under warranty for 3 years or 36000 miles... Beside that this is the most reliable car I have ever had... and fun to drive too :-)"

A/C is a big problem

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"The CR-V looks like a good car but in the years 02 and 03 there is a really big and expensive design flaw: The A/C compressor. I have 106,000 miles on my car and it is on its 3rd compressor. The unit costs well over $1,000.00 installed and if other A/C parts are bad (they usually are) the A/C repair could cost you about $1,600.00 everytime it goes out. When the A/C is down, the pressure flutter from dirving with the windows open is so intense that your ears can't take it and you need to drive with the windows up. You can't drive this car without A/C so don't think you'll just go without. This is an exceptional failure for Honda and by 04 they had it solved. But if you buy an 02 CR-V, plan to spend at least $1,250.00 every 35,000 miles to repair the A/C. You'll hate the cost of repairing the 02 CR-V."

NOT SO IMPRESSED FOR A HONDA

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Horrible!! Air conditioner broke and not so good gas milage. I wasnt impressd wat so ever. Interior is bad. Seats uncomfortable. I wouldnt recommend this car to anyone. My CR-V is a 2004 with 58000 miles on. There is no room. My family is four and we are very uncomfortable. We were more impressed with the Accord. We are just switching finally to a Ford Expedition or a Chevy Tahoe even though the gas is expensive. Please dont get this vehicle. Brakes got worst every year not as tight. I will never get a Honda unless its a actual car like a Accord or Civic. Wouldnt recommend this vehicle to anyone."

honda is an excellent choice

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"I bought this vehicle in July of 2006. Previously owned an 1999 Odyssey. Wanted a more economical vehicle. Gets 22 mpg around town. Biggest mistake was not getting leather. Black velour is full of lint all the time. Drives beautifully. My older relatives are not that comfortable. They are used to more luxury. In reviewing the value. (not that I am going to sell it). If I sold it right now with my 16000 miles on it. I wouldn't loose any money and would have drove this vehicle for free for the 1+ year I've owned it. Great Value for your money. I paid 21,000 out the door for the '06 EX in Silver last July."

best car ever

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"nice car covers allyour needs"

Never have to worry...

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"We bought this CRV used, in 2004 with 32000 miles on it. It has been a great family vehicle. EXTREMELY reliable! From below zero temps in New England where we use to live to smoldering HOT in the south, never a problem! Always starts easy! A surprising amount of space for lugging things around like chairs, soccer balls and coolers. It's roomy enough for my husband to drive comfortably, he's 6' 1", yet good for me too, I'm 5' 0". A lot of leg room in the back seat, kids and adults can ride comfortably. Get's great gas mileage, even when the a/c is running. Have only had to do regular routine maintenance on it. Things like brakes and tires are not overly priced like with most SUV's. THe only thing I wish was that the engine had a little bit more power, it's only a 4 cyclinder, not great pick up. The Honda CRV was just listed last week on Yahoo news as one of the top 10 cars that should make past 200,000 miles, and I don't doubt it one bit!"

Awesome car

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"It is absoulutly wonderful my two growing girls are quite tall and are mostly legs . It provides plenty of leg room for them .It is very stylish and very easy to manuver . It has tons of room in the back for hauling anything and I LOVE IT!!!!!!"

value for the buck

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

"This vehicle is like all Honda's. Dependable, stylish, Good fuel economy, Runs like new even with 150K miles. When I'm done with this one , I'll get another Honda."

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"I driver over 25000 miles a year, this car has been very dependable."

Favorite Vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"I love this vehicle."

By on Monday, September 03, 2007

Never In The Shop

By on Sunday, September 02, 2007

"This is my third CRV. There is no comparison. I've now driven it over 30,000 miles and it has never been in the shop except for standard maintenance. It has never needed a repair for anything. Very easy to drive, even in snow. If it were a little quieter inside on the highway, it would be a perfect vehicle."

Its ok

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"As an owner of a 2002 and 2004 Honda CRV, I would rate this vehicle "ok". I bouught Hondas because after owning a Mazda; I was sold on Japanese quality. The Hondas have had more issues than my last two Ford trucks. On the 2002 the A/C went out for $3,500. My Honda service managers quotation "The two things you don't want to go bad on Hondas are the A/C or the timing belt, other than that they just run and run" In addition to the AC, the radio had to be replaced at 50k miles--this was done at no charge after a moderate amount of complaining. The 2004 CRV which has 45k miles has had to have the windshield washer tank replaced and electrical problems repaired. The drivers of these cars love them (my wife and daughter), I think they are very underpowered. Interstate merging in rural Texas is where the speed limit is 80 is almost scary. The good points are smooth drivetrain, good styling, great passanger comfort, side airbags, and great utility for this size vehicle. If you like the vehicle buy it, but don't expect better reliability than a Ford or Chevy. My experience has been that the reliability/quality is a bit worse."

Worth the money!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Even with a 4 cylinder engine, this car has great get-up-and-go, while delivering great mileage (24/27). I dropped my Ford Explorer gas hog (V8) and love this vehicle which gives me virtually all I was looking for in an SUV - without the gas guzzling and the huge price tag. (Mine is the top of the line (SE) and well worth all the extras!)"

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

CRV

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I like this car a lot. I bought it new and have owned it six years since. The CRV has plenty of room for my wife, my two kids and our dog. It's big enough to go to the home supply or furnature store and pick up large loads like big chairs and appliances but not so big that you have trouble parking it or have to pay alot for gas. The CRV gets about 21-22 mpg on average and if i take a highway trip it gets about 27-28 mpg. The CRV drives very well on the highway and side roads. I've also driven it in fields and on fire roads with no problems; the CRV has plenty of ground clearance for that. The 4WD does help in snow and i've never crashed or been stuck but the 4WD is a little wierd the way it only comes on only when needed. You get used to it quickly if like to slide around in the snow. I tell people that it is "on demand 4WD" but supply lags demand by about 1 second so be ready. The CRV has never broken down (yet) or had any serious problems. I've changed only the tires and brakes once in 56000 miles. I strongly recommend the CRV."

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"This is the 3rd Honda I've owned and have not been dissapointed with one yet. I have an '06 2WD CR-V EX. LOTS of cargo space for a small SUV. Perfect for moving around as a travel nurse, driving down on the beach, or in the city! VERSATILE! Came with all kinds of extras at a decent cost. Sporty. LOVE IT!!!!"

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

04 CRV

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"Outstanding vehicle... very reliable. Good gas mileage, could be better.. but very dependable. it's a Honda."

Best Vehicle on my 2nd one

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I am on my 2nd CR-V. In 2002, when it was time to trade our conversion van, we still needed room for traveling with our children. The CR-V is perfect size.. The cargo area holds more than I would have EVER thought possible. I have even used the silly table that came with it on several occasions.In 2004, we decided to upgrade to the EX. Again we've had NO problems with it. It already has 94,000 miles on it and nothing has been replaced except tires. If I were to keep driving a SUV, I would most definitely purchase yet another CR-V"

Good Value

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Purchased my 2003 CR-V in August of 2003 with 14 miles for safety and dependability. During 3yr/30k warranty period, the rear differential needed repair. No cost. Vehicle came with digital compass on rear view mirror which is not a standard feature on the CRV. Needed repair twice within the first year. Malfunction light began displaying around 48,000 miles 3-1/2 yrs. A $100 test at dealership showed the Primary 02 sensor needed replacement. Even if the vehicle was under warranty, replacement is not covered. It is considered "maintenance". Cost parts and labor $560. Did not expect that to happen with a Honda while using only premium gasoline. The Drive Light bulb needed replacement after 50,000 miles. Cost for parts and labor $115. After that bulb was replaced, the backlight to the odometer went out 1 day later. Was going to be charged for additional labor, but got out of that. The leg room is perfect. Driver and front passenger seats are comfortable. The back seating is roomy but not comfortable. Feels durable and tough while driving. The cloth seats are durable. If vehicle is rear ended (at 10 miles /hr) by a smaller compact car, there will be damage to tailgate, the entire muffler system including the catalytic converter. Some repair shops will try to get away with not replacing the catalytic converter for insurance purposes. Replaced the Bridgestone Tires with Michelins at 53,000 miles. Made for much better drive. Original front breaks replaced at 39000 miles. Rear brakes are still good. Honda holds its value very well after it leaves the lot."

By on Monday, August 13, 2007