2006 Honda CR-V

Based on 709 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

A/C is a big problem

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"The CR-V looks like a good car but in the years 02 and 03 there is a really big and expensive design flaw: The A/C compressor. I have 106,000 miles on my car and it is on its 3rd compressor. The unit costs well over $1,000.00 installed and if other A/C parts are bad (they usually are) the A/C repair could cost you about $1,600.00 everytime it goes out. When the A/C is down, the pressure flutter from dirving with the windows open is so intense that your ears can't take it and you need to drive with the windows up. You can't drive this car without A/C so don't think you'll just go without. This is an exceptional failure for Honda and by 04 they had it solved. But if you buy an 02 CR-V, plan to spend at least $1,250.00 every 35,000 miles to repair the A/C. You'll hate the cost of repairing the 02 CR-V."

NOT SO IMPRESSED FOR A HONDA

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Horrible!! Air conditioner broke and not so good gas milage. I wasnt impressd wat so ever. Interior is bad. Seats uncomfortable. I wouldnt recommend this car to anyone. My CR-V is a 2004 with 58000 miles on. There is no room. My family is four and we are very uncomfortable. We were more impressed with the Accord. We are just switching finally to a Ford Expedition or a Chevy Tahoe even though the gas is expensive. Please dont get this vehicle. Brakes got worst every year not as tight. I will never get a Honda unless its a actual car like a Accord or Civic. Wouldnt recommend this vehicle to anyone."

honda is an excellent choice

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"I bought this vehicle in July of 2006. Previously owned an 1999 Odyssey. Wanted a more economical vehicle. Gets 22 mpg around town. Biggest mistake was not getting leather. Black velour is full of lint all the time. Drives beautifully. My older relatives are not that comfortable. They are used to more luxury. In reviewing the value. (not that I am going to sell it). If I sold it right now with my 16000 miles on it. I wouldn't loose any money and would have drove this vehicle for free for the 1+ year I've owned it. Great Value for your money. I paid 21,000 out the door for the '06 EX in Silver last July."

best car ever

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"nice car covers allyour needs"

Never have to worry...

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"We bought this CRV used, in 2004 with 32000 miles on it. It has been a great family vehicle. EXTREMELY reliable! From below zero temps in New England where we use to live to smoldering HOT in the south, never a problem! Always starts easy! A surprising amount of space for lugging things around like chairs, soccer balls and coolers. It's roomy enough for my husband to drive comfortably, he's 6' 1", yet good for me too, I'm 5' 0". A lot of leg room in the back seat, kids and adults can ride comfortably. Get's great gas mileage, even when the a/c is running. Have only had to do regular routine maintenance on it. Things like brakes and tires are not overly priced like with most SUV's. THe only thing I wish was that the engine had a little bit more power, it's only a 4 cyclinder, not great pick up. The Honda CRV was just listed last week on Yahoo news as one of the top 10 cars that should make past 200,000 miles, and I don't doubt it one bit!"