2006 Honda CR-V

Based on 736 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

great vehicle very reliable

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reason: engine problem

"Bought as certified used with 26000 miles. drove this car about 1 thousand miles per week as salesman, did routine maintenance and never once did this car let me down. 416000 miles."

Perfect vehicle! nothing better

By on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pros: "lasts forever and looks great, it does everything i could ever want"

Cons: "not 6 cylinder"

"this car has so many miles on it and not one problem! ever! the only thing that has ever broken on the car is the interior fan!"

safe from drunk driver

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"I was hit directly in back ,when I was going 30 MPH by a F250 4 wheeal dr 4 Door truck. It completely smashed my Honda CR V in up to the tires. I made 2 and one half 360 degree turns, and it didn't turn over. Vehicle is totaled but i'm fine, hope to find another like it. iT'S my all time favorite vehicle, and I hope to buy another like it."

I've got a good one (2005)

By on Saturday, June 07, 2008

"I bought the 2005 CRV LX new without any additional options. This is a front wheel drive CRV. I've had the car for a little over 3 years now and haven't had any problems with it at all. I just follow the recomended service schedule (oil change, filters, etc.) I don't drive as much as most people I know (37,000 miles in 3 years), so maybe that's part of my "good luck". It looks like everybody is going to start driving a lot less with the increase in gas prices, so cars will probably be lasting a lot longer with less problems. I've been getting very good mileage. I've been tracking it in a spreadsheet for almost the full 3 years that I've owned the car. My overall mileage for that time is 25.8 mpg. On a trip that was all turnpike driving, I got a little over 30 mpg. This was during very hot weather, at night, with the air conditioning on. The hotter the weather, the better the mileage. By driving very conservatively (due to high gas prices lately), I've been getting overall mileage of around 28 mpg. I bought the car because I like to go fishing and need to carry lots of "stuff". I wish that a hybrid was available for this model when I bought it, but I'm sure there would have been a significant cost in the purchase price and eventually maintenance. I'm pretty happy with my CRV. I had a used Ford Explorer (Eddie Bauer) before this, so the CRV isn't as comfortable, but the Explorer was always being repaired and got much worse mileage with a V6."

Minor problems

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

"The 2003 CRV has had nothing but little problems. Overall it has been an OK car: - good gas millage, fuctional, 4wd is good. We have had the following problems: -A/C compressor problems are common, rear differential fluid is changes often, brakes need constant maintenance, seat screws get stripped causing the seats to rock, seatbelts lock and cannot be put on, the rear gate sensor malfunctions, e-brake wears out fast, radio speakers are dull."