2005 Honda CR-V

Based on 711 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

One of the all-time greats!

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Reason: got a Volt

Pros: "reiliable, valuable, versatile, economical, safe,"

Cons: "driver's seat didn't go back far enough"

"I used to think my '98 Odyssey was the best car ever, but I think this car nudges it out. There have been "0" issues with the car and it's only been to the dealer for routine maintenance. I changed the brakes for the first time at 95k miles and the battery at 105k! The car is quick, economical (24 MPG overall!), ultra reliable, durable, versatile, comfortable, fun to drive, and pleasant looking. It was the last year for the manly box on box design, replaced by the girly jellybean look in 2007. I originally paid just $19,600 for it. I just hated to sell it, but the future is electric and I'm very pleased with my Chevy Volt, averaging over 150 MPG!"

My video

Honda CR-V tail light fix

I love my CRV!

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

"This has been the best car I have ever had! I drive a lot and have always been able to depend on my CRV! It sure has a lot of mile rolling in at 285,000! and I hope to be able to drive it at least another 100,000! I am afraid that I will be needing a new car soon but just don't know if I will be able to love one as much as I love this one!! I had to buy it after Hurricane Katrina when I had to relocate to Colorado and it has been very dependable, safe, and fun! Thank you HONDA!"

Comfortable and reliable.

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room and a comfortable ride."

"The car is working very well after 10 years and has had minimal problems."

Buy one right now

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Comfy, feels compact but is roomy, drives great"

Cons: "Parts are expensive, the car itself is expensive"

"My grandfather gave me a 2003 CR-V as a kind of living legacy--one that he could see me enjoy before he passed rather than after. I love this car. It took me from single lady about town to mom of a toddler. I am a small person, but unlike many vehicles of this size and even smaller (my husband's Pontiac Vibe for instance), I sit up comfortably high over the steering wheel. Yet it still drives like a car. Even the back seats are comfy. It's perfectly roomy without being huge, and it fits my family's life without being a 110% mom-car. Parts do tend to be expensive for this vehicle, but the fact that it's so well made and reliable means you don't need repairs as often. My CR-V is now well over ten years old and while it is starting to wear down a little and needs repairs more frequently now, it's doing better than the vast majority of other makes of the same age. When I do take it into the shop, the mechanics always marvel at how great it's doing. And I drive it a lot, and not usually in ideal conditions! Let's put it this way: there's a reason you see so many CR-Vs on the road. Just a really, really great car."

Best car I've owned. Very reliable. Smooth riding

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Reliable. Comfortable smooth ride. holds value"

Cons: "Driving dynamics are vague."

"Absolutely the best vehicle I've owned. Very reliable. Smooth ride. Yes, there's road noise. Honda's are famous for that. Only started having costly (expected given mileage) repairs the past couple of years. Hated to part with it but needed to get a new car before I retire."