2005 Honda CR-V

Based on 688 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Its ok

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"As an owner of a 2002 and 2004 Honda CRV, I would rate this vehicle "ok". I bouught Hondas because after owning a Mazda; I was sold on Japanese quality. The Hondas have had more issues than my last two Ford trucks. On the 2002 the A/C went out for $3,500. My Honda service managers quotation "The two things you don't want to go bad on Hondas are the A/C or the timing belt, other than that they just run and run" In addition to the AC, the radio had to be replaced at 50k miles--this was done at no charge after a moderate amount of complaining. The 2004 CRV which has 45k miles has had to have the windshield washer tank replaced and electrical problems repaired. The drivers of these cars love them (my wife and daughter), I think they are very underpowered. Interstate merging in rural Texas is where the speed limit is 80 is almost scary. The good points are smooth drivetrain, good styling, great passanger comfort, side airbags, and great utility for this size vehicle. If you like the vehicle buy it, but don't expect better reliability than a Ford or Chevy. My experience has been that the reliability/quality is a bit worse."

Worth the money!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Even with a 4 cylinder engine, this car has great get-up-and-go, while delivering great mileage (24/27). I dropped my Ford Explorer gas hog (V8) and love this vehicle which gives me virtually all I was looking for in an SUV - without the gas guzzling and the huge price tag. (Mine is the top of the line (SE) and well worth all the extras!)"

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

CRV

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I like this car a lot. I bought it new and have owned it six years since. The CRV has plenty of room for my wife, my two kids and our dog. It's big enough to go to the home supply or furnature store and pick up large loads like big chairs and appliances but not so big that you have trouble parking it or have to pay alot for gas. The CRV gets about 21-22 mpg on average and if i take a highway trip it gets about 27-28 mpg. The CRV drives very well on the highway and side roads. I've also driven it in fields and on fire roads with no problems; the CRV has plenty of ground clearance for that. The 4WD does help in snow and i've never crashed or been stuck but the 4WD is a little wierd the way it only comes on only when needed. You get used to it quickly if like to slide around in the snow. I tell people that it is "on demand 4WD" but supply lags demand by about 1 second so be ready. The CRV has never broken down (yet) or had any serious problems. I've changed only the tires and brakes once in 56000 miles. I strongly recommend the CRV."

See if you qualify for