2004 Honda CR-V

Based on 769 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Best Vehicle in Class and Nothing more Reliable!!

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, Fun, Hold Value!!!"

Cons: "Cost going up to much on New ones!"

"We have owned 3 CRV's now and they just keep getting better. Currently have a 2006, and wife loves it!!! and has room for me. Quality and Reliability can't be beat!!! We have owned a 98, an 03, and this 06, and now will be getting a 2012. Never had any, even small issue with any of them. Cost to own is low, fun to drive, and just peace of mind knowing will not have any issues and will get top $ when you sell it!!! What can you say. The only thing I don't like is price now is over 25k to get an EX, getting up in price but hold value great!!!"

Absolutely LOVE this vehicle!

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Excellent value and quality"

"My 2nd Honda CRV, would buy another in a second if they hadn't changed the exterior style. Enjoyed everyone of it's special features! Moonroof, heated seats, multi-disc player, stereo controls on the steering wheel!!"

I LOVE my car!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "It's a Honda"

Cons: "Phone charger doesn't work unless car is on"

"I've had my CR-V for 6 years, and it has NEVER let me down. I live in Michigan, where the roads can get quite treacherous in the winter. My CR-V handles the snow a champ, and plows right through. I have put over 100,000 miles on it, and very little money into it. It is time for me to trade it in for another one with less miles."

Love this car for commute

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

"I fill my tank once a month. I get in and drive, starts every time, never a headache. Easy ride, quiet interior, no quirks to work around. My only complaints are that the 2wd model is less than ideal on rough or challenging roads. Also, back door should open from right for unloading curbside (Opening from the left blocks your path to sidewalk, duh). Overall I do love this car and feel like it was a sound financial decision."

Supremely reliable, practical but fun to drive

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Super value, glad I bought it"

Cons: "black trim faded early"

"Easy to park in Chicago streets. A/C cools quickly on steamy summer days and starts the first time in sub-zero temperatures. The car gets excellent gas mileage and fits backseat passengers comfortably. I have never been stuck in the snow and the optional fog lights I added work great. I will likely keep this car for another 7 years."

Best vehicle ever owned

By on Monday, October 3, 2011

"Best vehicle ever. Does not get blown off on expressway by speeding cars or semis. Good gas millage. Plenty of room and good for transporting materials in back. Back door is heavy with tire attached. Have friends calling wanting to purchase whenever I sell!"

Excellent Value

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Great quality, dependable, sturdy."

Cons: "braking, road noise"

"I currently have 241000 miles on vehicle. Hope to drive another 200K."

I absolutely love my car!

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pros: "Good size, good gas mileage, great car"

Cons: "can be noisy - especially if the tires get old"

"This car runs like the day it was new ( its 5 yrs old now ) and is fun to drive. I have never been stuck in it in the snow, mud, ice, or anything else the Northeast can dish up. I feel very safe in this car. It has great visibility out of the rear windows and very small blind spots. I have only put oil in it and done regular maintenance visits, which are easily afforded when you're not constantly fixing it. I thought it was noisy, but I just needed some new tires. I guess some cars are quieter, but for a near perfect car, who cares?"

Very good vehicle but beware the AC compressor

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"I recommend anyone interested in the CRV do a google search on it's AC compressor. Mine went out as well."

CR-V is not a reliable automobile

By on Friday, September 3, 2010

"We purchased this car new in 2005. This automobile, used by my college student daughter has required more maintenance than the other four cars our family owns, combined. We have experienced four brake jobs, an emissions part failure, a water pump failure, and a transmission failure in the 27,000 miles we have utilized this car. I will never own another Honda, and would not recommend one to a friend."

2002 CRV AC is defected

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"2002-2005 Honda AC compressors are defeated and will stop working around 80000 miles."

Beware of the Catalytic Converter

By on Saturday, May 9, 2009

"I bought this car used for my wife because of Honda' s good name for reliability. The car was mechanically sound and I was happy for about a year. One day the Check Engine light came on and I took it to a dealer in San Diego. They diagnosed the problem to a Catalytic Converter failure and suggested replacing it. Now this car is manual as I always feared costly automatic transmission repairs, but guess what the Catalytic Converter replacement is equivalent. I had to pay $1,800 to the dealer to fix the problem. Honda said the warranty on the Catalytic Converter is 80,000 or 8 years, but my car was around 95,000 at the time so they left it up to me. This kind of repairs to me destroy Honda reputation completely. I will never buy used Honda again in the future. If I do buy one that would be a new one and I will get rid of it while it is still under warranty."

Disappointed

By on Thursday, April 9, 2009

"I got this car for my wife in April 2007. Bought it from the dealer as a Certified Pre-Owned, since then: The Radio died one week after I bought it: $ 650.00 The A/C went out: $3500.00 VTC Solenoid out :$300.00 Idle valve/module out: $500.00 Plus Regular maintenance which was always done religiously @ the Dealer. Gas consumption is not the best for an I4. all repairs where covered by an extended warranty from Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc. Very Disappointed, would think twice before buying another CR-V"

Good solid Honda

By on Sunday, March 1, 2009

"I got this car at 10,000 miles and put on 20,000 more in the first year. It has been more than reliable for us. We have made many long distance trips (300+ miles) and have never had even a hiccup. With consistent upkeep and oil changes, Hondas will last forever. The power in this car is what really surprised me. When I bought the car over the Rav-4 with the V6 (I got a deal I couldn't refuse from my Honda dealership), I was thinking that there was going to be a great sacrifice in power. However, I've never been left wanting for power. It will pass cars with ease, even with the car fully loaded with passengers and going uphill! What is lacking in this car is nice interior appointments. There must be no sound dampening at all in this car, because the interior road noise is LOUD. The 2006 model didn't offer a power seat for the driver's side, which is a definite minus in my book. Your back really feels it after a long drive. There is an intermittent setting for the wipers, but it's not adjustable, which is frustrating when there's little more than a sprinkle of rain. We have the top of the line SE and expected to see more features than what it gives. For 2007-present, Honda made some major changes (for the better) in this department. All in all though, this has been a great car for the family. It fits all of us in with gear, gets good gas mileage, and we always know we're going to be able to depend on it with long distance drives. I would, however, go with an '07-'10 to get the nicer interior."

Very reliable car

By on Friday, January 4, 2008

"Mileage wise is very good. Low cost maintenance. Very comfortable inside and easy to drive."

Poor AC condenser

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"I bought this car new in 2004. Havent had a minutes problem with it until it broke down on the highway and left me stranded in 100 degree heat with my 2 year old daughter. The a/c unit has a bad condenser. 1300 to fix it and that is unacceptable for a car that is 3 years old. Im looking at the toyota Rav4."

love it - bought the same car twice

By on Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pros: "compact but roomy. Safe, awd. Fun to drive"

Cons: "wish it had an ipod outlet"

"Best car ever. I had one 2006, drove it to 80k and traded it in for another 2006 with 27k...now at 100k. Perfect for me. Travels well, holds a lot, doesn't gluzzle gas, and I always feel safe on the road. The perfect size suv for me."

Great Value Vehicle

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Long lasting, easy to handle, accelerates well"

Cons: "Basic interior, somewhat loud engine"

"This vehicle has done an incredible job at what it's made for - driving lots of miles and hauling stuff. My father bought it new and 11 years later it is still kicking with minimal updates. Obviously I wish the inside was nicer (I just have the basic finishes), but it has amazing steering radius, great pick up and go. Also, the car is a little loud on the highway, but nothing outrageous. Overall it is a work horse and a great investment."

I had no problem for 9 years just the wear & tear.

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "Transmission will most likely to give in first."

"My family & i love this mid size SUV Honda C-RV , its almost ten years old normal wear and tear and we we really had a great experience to this very reliable. Cons is the transmission gone bad after 9 years so i had no choice i replaced it, i did not expect that and i searched reviews on it thats the big issues for Honda C-RV 2005 rather than that I still love the car but i have to upgrade to a full size SUV."

Better than I ever expected

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Lots of storage, Very dependable,"

Cons: "Seats are firm, Parts are expensive"

"My wife bought this car before we met, and at first glance I didn't think much of it, until we decided to use it to go up the mountain and go snowboarding. WOW, this thing could not be stopped. On our way up the mountain we hit a major snowstorm. I threw the chains on the front and up we went. After we reached the slopes, we found out that at least 150 cars were stuck in the snow on the road we just went through. We went to our Hotel that night, which had a steep uphill gravel driveway covered in snow. This car handled it without a problem. After we parked, we walked down to the lodge and noticed a Jeep Cherokee stuck in the snow on the driveway we had JUST gone up. (and yes, the Jeep had chains on) I can't say enough about this car. It has storage pockets everywhere, and the folding table that is the floor in the back has come in handy many times. It has decent power for a 4 cyl. and gets about 25 mpg on average. When and if this car ever dies, we will definitely buy another one. Honda makes a great car."

It's a Honda!

By on Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pros: "Fit"

Cons: "Road noise"

"Nice vehicle, used it in snowy PA and hot dry TX and hot wet TX. Performs admirably. Snow driving is better than rain. Important to keep good tires. Too much road noise! Nice steering controls. 5th door is SOOOO much better than a liftgate. Easier to get things in an out. Also... so very nice having backwindow able to open separately. Good design by Honda. Comfortable ride for this 6'1" driver. Back seats slide back and forth. 60/40 split is greta too. very useful. Recommend a roof rack and tow hitch. Then it's possible to carry lots of stuff. Wish they continued to make this design ...."

great all weather run about and small hauler

By on Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pros: "very well maintained and very handy"

Cons: "acceleration for merging could be better"

"Silver grey with dk grey interior. Excellent mechanical condition with all service done at local dealer. Has cross bars, cargo pad, and cargo net. Have had it since new and it's been garage kept. One accident when it was rear-ended but damage limited to spare wheel on rear of car. This car easily has 100k miles of life remaining."

Best small SUV

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Great Traction at Highway speeds, Trouble Free,"

Cons: "gas mileage(SUV),seats do not remove, ? Towing."

"Great small SUV, sporty feel with moon-roof, Runs,and runs. Awesome traction in the snow and rain!! Can haul heavy loads in small cabin area. Great on highway. Great driving position above other cars. Gas mileage is another thing. Bad on gas,but it is 4WD.... 270,000 miles and still feels great driving down the road...I hope it can only be improved on!..."

Best car ever!

By on Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, quiet, spacious"

"This is a car with perfect ergonomics, large cargo area, and lots of storage places. It is extremely reliable not having failed to start on the first try in nine years! Its all wheel drive system works flawlessly and had gotten me out of many jams. The handling is competent but not sporty. Acceleration is decent but not great. The interior is very roomy even in the back. The seats are firm but very comfortable. The ride is smooth, composed, and quiet."

Great reliable SUV

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Affordable, Great Resell value, Okay MPG"

Cons: "Noisy Interior, Under-powered"

"It has lasted me forever, with little to no maintenance required. It drives fine, and the interior is quite nice, obviously not the newest top of the line gadgets, but has the essentials. Comfortable for both Driver and Passenger, and from what I have heard from folks I drive, not too bad in the back seats either. As far as cargo space, there is quite a bit. If I'm by myself or with one other I can fit my two surfboards in there easily. My only real complaints about the car is the road noise. It's pretty loud in the car on the highway. The other complaint I have is regarding the engine. It's pretty under powered (compromised with good (at the time) but now okay gas mileage of about 19C/22H). There are times on the highway and definitely driving uphill where I don't pass other vehicles cause I would need about a quarter mile to do so. Overall the CrV is a great vehicle that served me well!"