2004 Honda CR-V

Based on 766 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Terrific! Runs like a clock.

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, versatility"

Cons: "3rd seat belt holder, road noise, dashboard light"

"I bought this new 8 years ago and it runs like a clock. It just turned over 300,000 miles today. Other than minimal maintenance it just keeps going. It has been everything from a passenger bvehicel to a multi-purpose carry all for construction projects at home and the camp. It is a little noisy and the third sealtbelt in the back seat made a lot of noise hitting the ceiling until I added some cushion. My daughter is begging me to give it to her and buy a new CRV but it is so inexpensive to drive and own I cannot do it. Absolutely the best deal for a vehicle."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, looks, driveability, mileage, room."

Cons: "A little noisy as miles pile on, differential oil"

"We have 150,000 miles on our '06 CR-V -most of it in the Keys. The total repairs in this time are, well, NONE. We've replaced tires and brakes but that is all. Rides good, nice to drive. This summer it went on a 4,000 mile trip without a second thought. Our plan is to go over 200,000 miles. If this car caught fire tomorrow I'd buy another in a New York minute! One great car!"

Very, very happy--170,000 miles in 6 years.

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Stability, drive, mileage, roominness--everything."

Cons: "windshield-wiper hose somehow got pinched by hood"

"A year ago I drove a brand new one because I had put so many miles on mine I figured it was time to turn it in. Wrong! My old one drove just as great as a new one--sounded the same, too, no engine noises, knocking, vibrations--nothing. And the all-wheel drive has gotten me through five Vermont winters--now I'm on the freeways of Chicago with it."

Top notch...never one warranty issue.

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Yeah"

"Have owned this Honda CRV for 9 yrs. No warranty issues.... just normal maintenance. Change the oil every 3,000 . All maintenance done at Honda dealership. Their pricing more than competes with Pep Boys, Salem Bros., Gruelich, etc. Just take it to Honda and get it done right."

Third Honda Over 100K miles

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Over 100k miles, just replaced brakes for first time (highway driving); only major repairs were for Airbag Computer ($800) and antiskid computer ($800). Nice smaller SUV with an expected hard ride. Reliable, good working relationship with dealer (they seem to care). Will buy another (got close to 200k miles out of my '78 Accord (size of a Civic Hatchback in those days), and over 200K miles out of my '89 Civic Hatchback."

Great car for our family of five.

By on Tuesday, January 26, 2016

"Great all season vehicle. We made long road trips from CT. to S.C. and then to Ohio. We can pull our boat and trailer from one place to the next with no problem. Many years and memories with the CRV. Great in the winter.Importantly, we still have it and still going with 255,000 miles."

Overall Wonderful (car)

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Interior space and comfort, Driveable"

Cons: "4 Cyldr, Low undercarriage, Small wheels, low HP"

Painted black rims, Stock Silver, Grille guard added

"I get around 22 MPG Does not have a trailer hitch Wheels are small but yokohoma makes nice rugged geolanders for this size wheel Interior is comfortable and stays clean Great trunk space Love that the seats fold twice for extra trunk space OVERALL GREAT CAMPING VEHICLE"

Painted black rims, Stock Silver, Grille guard added

Reliable as they come

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "traction, reliability, built to last"

Cons: "cabin noise, fading paint"

"Bought my 2005 CRV in early 2007 and am just considering trading it in now. Handles like a champ in snow and sudden stopping. I've barely done more than add oil over the last 7-plus years. I'm now driving about 500 miles per week for work and I'm wanting to drop back to a smaller sedan with better gas mileage and more range. My CRV only has a 13 gal tank I believe, and still gets like 24 mpg,but that equates to 3 fills a week, where something else might only mean one. Cons - paint started going about a year ago and cabin noise might be more than you're used to. All in all this vehicle owes me nothing and I'm almost sad to get rid of her now."

A great car past 100k miles

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Small, comfortable, go anywhere car!"

Cons: "Horizontal swing back door"

"I bought this car a little over a year ago with 82k miles on it. Since then, I've taken it on several long road trips. My mechanic says it's still working like a champ at 108k miles. We both expect to hit 200k miles someday with no problem. I really love this car. It's small enough to navigate city traffic easily. You sit high enough that you don't feel intimidated by trucks. It seats four comfortably, five in a pinch. You can go anywhere with it - 4wd only? Yeah! The only thing I don't like about it is the horizontal swing back door. It gets in the way, and if you're parked on a slant, it tends to close on you. I would prefer a door that raises up instead."

best Honda SUV ever!

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "very reliable, comfortable and easy to drive."

Cons: "None...I love my CRV"

my baby

"This is my second Honda, I will never buy anything else!!! We have driven to Orlando, Chicago, and Southern Illinois with great gas mileage, and comfort. Never a break down or noise. If you are looking for a great vacation drive with lots of fun for a SUV, you have to purchase this. I have owned this since 2010 and haven't regret a day since. My mother purchased a 2013 and loves the new model also. I drove it and I think there is no compare."

my baby

SUPER SMALL SUV

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST VEHICLE OF ALL TIME."

Good Small Family Value

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"I use it as a work vehicle, constantly carrying parts, tools and equipment to maintain radio stations at 35,000 miles/year. Good points: It has held up well with a peppy 4-cyl using 5W-20 oil, implying tight tolerances. Comfort and features are spartan ... not lavish. It handles well with respectable 24mpg highway average. It still has the original brakes at 130K with more to go. Bad Points: The factory BF Goodrich tires are HORRIBLE with poor performance and wear-demand replacements or walk. This is NOT an off-road car; it will get easily stuck in the mildest of farm pasture conditions and clearnace is TOO LOW. The "Maintenance" light is ALWAYS on with my use ... oil changes every 3750 mi. The air conditioner blew at 20K (not normal for a Honda). Somehow, the gas tank vapor canister was damaged at the same point (no accident???); the part, alone, was $900!!!! I first refused, finally relented and it's still a problem; the fuel system loses pressure when the gas cap is removed, meaning hard starts with every fillup. The dealer has insulted my intelligence at every turn and one can forget any support from Honda. Service wise, I feel like a slave to the car. It is not a bad car, but at this stage, I have a choice ... spend $2000 on service or use that money as a down-payment for a replacement. Ya' know, I have always liked Nissans. In truth, other folks generally have a better experience than mine but Honda can forget about me because of its policies and dealer support."

I Love , absolutely Love my HONDA

By on Sunday, January 06, 2008

"Never have I ever considered loving a vehicle. That's for guys. WRONG! THis CRV has everything I could want or need, except for the center console area, and that is minor compared to the performance and service record. I just love my Honda, and my service techs. So do all of us in the waiting area---do we get "Hondasized"? Just kidding, but EVERY Honda owner I know personally, love their car. You're doing it right! Thanks!"

Best Vehicle on my 2nd one

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I am on my 2nd CR-V. In 2002, when it was time to trade our conversion van, we still needed room for traveling with our children. The CR-V is perfect size.. The cargo area holds more than I would have EVER thought possible. I have even used the silly table that came with it on several occasions.In 2004, we decided to upgrade to the EX. Again we've had NO problems with it. It already has 94,000 miles on it and nothing has been replaced except tires. If I were to keep driving a SUV, I would most definitely purchase yet another CR-V"

Good Value

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Purchased my 2003 CR-V in August of 2003 with 14 miles for safety and dependability. During 3yr/30k warranty period, the rear differential needed repair. No cost. Vehicle came with digital compass on rear view mirror which is not a standard feature on the CRV. Needed repair twice within the first year. Malfunction light began displaying around 48,000 miles 3-1/2 yrs. A $100 test at dealership showed the Primary 02 sensor needed replacement. Even if the vehicle was under warranty, replacement is not covered. It is considered "maintenance". Cost parts and labor $560. Did not expect that to happen with a Honda while using only premium gasoline. The Drive Light bulb needed replacement after 50,000 miles. Cost for parts and labor $115. After that bulb was replaced, the backlight to the odometer went out 1 day later. Was going to be charged for additional labor, but got out of that. The leg room is perfect. Driver and front passenger seats are comfortable. The back seating is roomy but not comfortable. Feels durable and tough while driving. The cloth seats are durable. If vehicle is rear ended (at 10 miles /hr) by a smaller compact car, there will be damage to tailgate, the entire muffler system including the catalytic converter. Some repair shops will try to get away with not replacing the catalytic converter for insurance purposes. Replaced the Bridgestone Tires with Michelins at 53,000 miles. Made for much better drive. Original front breaks replaced at 39000 miles. Rear brakes are still good. Honda holds its value very well after it leaves the lot."

awesome; ready for the next 100K

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "great space to lug things. reliable!"

Cons: "can't have legs that are really long."

"This car has been tremendous. If I had not been lucky enough to have a car through work offered at my new job, Goldie would stay put in my garage. Amazing vehicle."

Very practical car

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Quality vehicle, has a very long life."

Cons: "Brand name parts cost more than off brand parts."

"I bought my CR-V new, just off the truck. I have traveled in the mountains, through the desert and in town. The handling is great, just like a car, not an SUV. The leather seats are easy to keep clean and the heated seats are AMAZING in the winter. I always kept up with scheduled maintenance at the dealership and I've had no problems. This vehicle keeps it value, it's a Honda. I'm very happy with this car."

Love my CR-V

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, handles well in snow"

Cons: "Engine is a little small."

"I bought my 2006 CR-V used in 2013 and I have to say it was one of the best purchases I've ever made. I bought the car with 100,000 miles and have since added almost 10,000. I love this car. It is such a relialbe vehichle and gets pretty good gas mileage for an SUV - consistently about 22 city and 26 Interstate. It handles beautifully in the snow, which I need living in Denver with a moderate commute. Seriously, it barely ever even slips in the snow. It has great storage abilities, since both back seats fold down. It came in handy having moved two times in the last year. I love all the cubbies in it as well. I also love my sunroof. I can't really say anything negative whatsoever about this car. I got rearended a few months ago pretty badly and the rear tire caught most of the damage. My vehicle barely needed any repairs and the guy that hit me totaled his vehicle (it completely crumpled his hood). This car is incredibly sturdy and I feel very safe riding in it, especially after than."

Great control in the snow, Gas mileage 24 mpg,

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Handles great in the snow. Stereo sounds great."

Cons: "Small arm rest."

"I've been buying Hondas since 1974. I found them to be very reliable. This veh. was 2 yrs. old when I purchased it in 2008. I like the color. It is the perfect size to handle all of my needs. Four people can ride in it comfortably. I've kept up with inspections every year. Usually just needs new brakes, rotors, tires, etc. I loved the ability to still play my cassettes that I had from that era. I found that I could haul 8' 2x4s. The sunroof, though I didn't use it much, was a great feature on this veh. It goes real good in the snow. Low maintenance."

Excellent car for a mom and an outdoorsman!

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"I love my Honda CR-V. I bought it used in 2009 with 87000 miles n it and now I'm getting close 190000 and every mile has been wonderful! My daughters and I are very outdoorsy people; driving off-road to find the perfect camping and hiking spots and this vehicle has been excellent! It's also very comfortable and convenient for daily commuting and city driving. It has so much cargo/kid room but still gets 27 miles per gallon! I love my CR-V!"

A VERY GOOD TRUCK!

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Awesome car and very fun to drive!"

Cons: "cup holders need to be moved"

"My husband and I have had our CRV since we leased it new just over 7 years ago. It has been a very good truck for us. We just now had our very fist major issue with it, and it is between 109,000 and 110,000 mileage, before the radiator went bad on it, and it over heated on us this past Sunday, which was the first time it had ever done that. I have owned both a Chevy and I VW and I can tell you that I didn't have either of them past a 100,000 miles, and I had allot of car issues with both the Chevy and VW. So I am very happy with my Honda, and I will continue to buy from Honda, because they provided us with a rental car while our truck was in the shop, and they have always been very good to us!"

Love my CR-V

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Great storage, price, and value!"

Cons: "I should have purchased the AWD"

"Great choice for a small family. Never had any problems! Bout it brand new in 05. I've taken it on road trips and it has never let me down!"

Honda #1!

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Realbile, 4W Drive EXCELLENT in Wi Winter,"

Cons: "Gas costs tend to be high"

"I owned a Honda Civic for 8 years. The civic had 150,000 miles when I gave it to my college age daughter. Two years later, it's still running! I purchased my used CRV 3 years ago and have put approx 35,000 miles on it. This SUV runs like a dream. No repairs needed to be done; only maintenance (though I'll admit maintenance on a Honda can be pricy). It is a very reliable car; started every single time even though it is kept outside and I live in Wisconsin (we get some pretty bitter cold winters). Honda has and will always be my first choice when owning a vehicle. I find the cars to be extremely reliable and worth every penny! Btw, the only "repair" I ever had to do on my civic was to have an exhaust system put in (twice! it sits low to the ground so that is a problem. The exhaust system cost me approx $200 each time). Great car!"

Loved it from the moment we bought it!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "reliable, easy to drive."

Cons: "needs more cup holders in the back seat area."

"This vehicle is great for small families. It has everything, including a picnic table in the back! Two child car seats fit comfortably in the back seat; we can even fit my neice in between the child seats when she visits. It could use more cup holders in the back and a major costco run is hard with two car seats in the back but we make it work. It is great for long distance travel."

Most reliable car I owned

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "reliability, snow ground clearance, storage/moving"

Cons: "the add on roof racks don't fit well"

"I have had this car since it had 9000 miles and it now has 195,000. It has had very little downtime. And they were only (A/C compressor went out - covered under warranty) and just last week the starter went out. Not bad for 195,000 miles. Body still great, 23 miles average still, rides well and seems like it will run for ever!"