2004 Honda CR-V

Based on 751 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Designed for convenience and reliability

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Convenient design, excellent reliability"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I cannot say enough positive things about my 2005 Honda CR-V. I purchased it new and have not had to spend very much on repairs over its lifetime. I love the legendary Honda reliability. I love the design features that make it convenient, particularly the extra cup holder in the front, the side opening rear cargo door, and the center console design. The cargo space is very abundant for a vehicle this size. The only things that could be improved are the amount of road noise you can hear and the exterior styling. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Still Love My Car!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Heated leather seats, handles good in snow"

Cons: "Gas mileage not so great"

"I bought this car new in 2005 and still handles/drives as good as the day I left the dealership. I travel alot for my job and the car has about 170,000 miles. I had a 2001 CRV prior to purchasing this one (nice car also). The most expensive repair I had with this vehicle was in 2009 (power motor on the driver window went out). Otherwise, I've only had the standard maintenance (tires, brakes, oil changes). My only "con" is with the gas mileage (I don't remember what the sticker said when I bought it), but for all the traveling I do, I can't seem to get more than 300 miles to the tank; I average around 23-25 miles per gallon on the highway. However, I'm planning on driving this car until it "dies", then will likely purchase another CRV or a Honda Pilot."

Tremendous vehicle!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

"I have enjoyed this car immensely for the past 9 yrs.--I would recommend the model to anyone who wants reliability"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "sits high up, can park anywhere, good gas mileage"

Cons: "not good for families"

"I really like it, but I need a larger vehicle now...family needs. Great for a small family or individual."

BEST CAR EVER!!

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cons: "2004-2005 models are the best!!"

"Never had a single problem in 120,000 miles. Just change the oil and get the regular maint. and you are all set. It will run forever! I get compliments on the car all the time and it is 8 years old. I will keep it until it's dead for sure!"

small but mighty

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Reason: family got too big

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "not enough space for a big family"

"bought a 2004 crv used in 2008. Great car, never went wrong and never got stuck in our meddlesome winter snow. Plenty of space for a small family, but my children are huge and we have a big dog, so we sold it last year because there wasn't enough space.Still miss it"

Great Vehicle - would buy it again!

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "Dependable, fun, safe,"

"Love this vehicle. Comfortable, dependable SUV without being a gas-guzzler. Great value, not expensive to maintain, and sitting up higher than a regular car makes me feel safer. I love having the ability to haul lots of things or just toss my bike in the back."

Best Vehicle in Class and Nothing more Reliable!!

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, Fun, Hold Value!!!"

Cons: "Cost going up to much on New ones!"

"We have owned 3 CRV's now and they just keep getting better. Currently have a 2006, and wife loves it!!! and has room for me. Quality and Reliability can't be beat!!! We have owned a 98, an 03, and this 06, and now will be getting a 2012. Never had any, even small issue with any of them. Cost to own is low, fun to drive, and just peace of mind knowing will not have any issues and will get top $ when you sell it!!! What can you say. The only thing I don't like is price now is over 25k to get an EX, getting up in price but hold value great!!!"

Absolutely LOVE this vehicle!

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Excellent value and quality"

"My 2nd Honda CRV, would buy another in a second if they hadn't changed the exterior style. Enjoyed everyone of it's special features! Moonroof, heated seats, multi-disc player, stereo controls on the steering wheel!!"

Love this car for commute

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

"I fill my tank once a month. I get in and drive, starts every time, never a headache. Easy ride, quiet interior, no quirks to work around. My only complaints are that the 2wd model is less than ideal on rough or challenging roads. Also, back door should open from right for unloading curbside (Opening from the left blocks your path to sidewalk, duh). Overall I do love this car and feel like it was a sound financial decision."

Supremely reliable, practical but fun to drive

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Super value, glad I bought it"

Cons: "black trim faded early"

"Easy to park in Chicago streets. A/C cools quickly on steamy summer days and starts the first time in sub-zero temperatures. The car gets excellent gas mileage and fits backseat passengers comfortably. I have never been stuck in the snow and the optional fog lights I added work great. I will likely keep this car for another 7 years."

Best vehicle ever owned

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

"Best vehicle ever. Does not get blown off on expressway by speeding cars or semis. Good gas millage. Plenty of room and good for transporting materials in back. Back door is heavy with tire attached. Have friends calling wanting to purchase whenever I sell!"

Excellent Value

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "Great quality, dependable, sturdy."

Cons: "braking, road noise"

"I currently have 241000 miles on vehicle. Hope to drive another 200K."

I absolutely love my car!

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pros: "Good size, good gas mileage, great car"

Cons: "can be noisy - especially if the tires get old"

"This car runs like the day it was new ( its 5 yrs old now ) and is fun to drive. I have never been stuck in it in the snow, mud, ice, or anything else the Northeast can dish up. I feel very safe in this car. It has great visibility out of the rear windows and very small blind spots. I have only put oil in it and done regular maintenance visits, which are easily afforded when you're not constantly fixing it. I thought it was noisy, but I just needed some new tires. I guess some cars are quieter, but for a near perfect car, who cares?"

Very good vehicle but beware the AC compressor

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"I recommend anyone interested in the CRV do a google search on it's AC compressor. Mine went out as well."

CR-V is not a reliable automobile

By on Friday, September 03, 2010

"We purchased this car new in 2005. This automobile, used by my college student daughter has required more maintenance than the other four cars our family owns, combined. We have experienced four brake jobs, an emissions part failure, a water pump failure, and a transmission failure in the 27,000 miles we have utilized this car. I will never own another Honda, and would not recommend one to a friend."

2002 CRV AC is defected

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"2002-2005 Honda AC compressors are defeated and will stop working around 80000 miles."

Beware of the Catalytic Converter

By on Saturday, May 09, 2009

"I bought this car used for my wife because of Honda' s good name for reliability. The car was mechanically sound and I was happy for about a year. One day the Check Engine light came on and I took it to a dealer in San Diego. They diagnosed the problem to a Catalytic Converter failure and suggested replacing it. Now this car is manual as I always feared costly automatic transmission repairs, but guess what the Catalytic Converter replacement is equivalent. I had to pay $1,800 to the dealer to fix the problem. Honda said the warranty on the Catalytic Converter is 80,000 or 8 years, but my car was around 95,000 at the time so they left it up to me. This kind of repairs to me destroy Honda reputation completely. I will never buy used Honda again in the future. If I do buy one that would be a new one and I will get rid of it while it is still under warranty."

Disappointed

By on Thursday, April 09, 2009

"I got this car for my wife in April 2007. Bought it from the dealer as a Certified Pre-Owned, since then: The Radio died one week after I bought it: $ 650.00 The A/C went out: $3500.00 VTC Solenoid out :$300.00 Idle valve/module out: $500.00 Plus Regular maintenance which was always done religiously @ the Dealer. Gas consumption is not the best for an I4. all repairs where covered by an extended warranty from Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc. Very Disappointed, would think twice before buying another CR-V"

beware

By on Sunday, March 08, 2009

"I've been an ASE cert. technician for 26 years now, and I know, or thought I did, alot about Hondas. I purchased this 2002 for my wife 2 years ago, due to reliability, low maintenance, and easy for her to get the children in and out of. Just about 6 mos. after purchase, a few rolled through our repair shop with major a/c problems. I began to get nervous. Shortly after that, ours went out as well. I had purchased an extended warranty on the vehicle, which turned out to be a joke. For the extra $1500, for the warranty, the company wanted to send me used parts because the price of the a/c repair was too expensive. They covered $750 of it. I performed the work myself, which takes approx. 5-6 hours to do, and that $750 just barely covered my parts price for the repair. A normal customer would've been approx. $1600. Also to add to this, it gets horrible gas mileage, best at 23 mpg on highway, and you can hear the road noise inside the vehicle really bad. Other than that, this has been a good car. Just another note about the a/c, when I called the dealer about the parts, they had everything in stock, ten fold! That tells me alot about part failures when you can call a dealer and they have that kind of parts stock. The major part that went was the a/c compressor. Looks like it caught fire on the front of it. You can get this part st a parts store, which is much better priced. I got mine for $450, and the dealer was approx. $600."

Good solid Honda

By on Sunday, March 01, 2009

"I got this car at 10,000 miles and put on 20,000 more in the first year. It has been more than reliable for us. We have made many long distance trips (300+ miles) and have never had even a hiccup. With consistent upkeep and oil changes, Hondas will last forever. The power in this car is what really surprised me. When I bought the car over the Rav-4 with the V6 (I got a deal I couldn't refuse from my Honda dealership), I was thinking that there was going to be a great sacrifice in power. However, I've never been left wanting for power. It will pass cars with ease, even with the car fully loaded with passengers and going uphill! What is lacking in this car is nice interior appointments. There must be no sound dampening at all in this car, because the interior road noise is LOUD. The 2006 model didn't offer a power seat for the driver's side, which is a definite minus in my book. Your back really feels it after a long drive. There is an intermittent setting for the wipers, but it's not adjustable, which is frustrating when there's little more than a sprinkle of rain. We have the top of the line SE and expected to see more features than what it gives. For 2007-present, Honda made some major changes (for the better) in this department. All in all though, this has been a great car for the family. It fits all of us in with gear, gets good gas mileage, and we always know we're going to be able to depend on it with long distance drives. I would, however, go with an '07-'10 to get the nicer interior."

Very reliable car

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"Mileage wise is very good. Low cost maintenance. Very comfortable inside and easy to drive."

love it - bought the same car twice

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "compact but roomy. Safe, awd. Fun to drive"

Cons: "wish it had an ipod outlet"

"Best car ever. I had one 2006, drove it to 80k and traded it in for another 2006 with 27k...now at 100k. Perfect for me. Travels well, holds a lot, doesn't gluzzle gas, and I always feel safe on the road. The perfect size suv for me."

I had no problem for 9 years just the wear & tear.

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "very reliable"

Cons: "Transmission will most likely to give in first."

"My family & i love this mid size SUV Honda C-RV , its almost ten years old normal wear and tear and we we really had a great experience to this very reliable. Cons is the transmission gone bad after 9 years so i had no choice i replaced it, i did not expect that and i searched reviews on it thats the big issues for Honda C-RV 2005 rather than that I still love the car but i have to upgrade to a full size SUV."

Better than I ever expected

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Lots of storage, Very dependable,"

Cons: "Seats are firm, Parts are expensive"

"My wife bought this car before we met, and at first glance I didn't think much of it, until we decided to use it to go up the mountain and go snowboarding. WOW, this thing could not be stopped. On our way up the mountain we hit a major snowstorm. I threw the chains on the front and up we went. After we reached the slopes, we found out that at least 150 cars were stuck in the snow on the road we just went through. We went to our Hotel that night, which had a steep uphill gravel driveway covered in snow. This car handled it without a problem. After we parked, we walked down to the lodge and noticed a Jeep Cherokee stuck in the snow on the driveway we had JUST gone up. (and yes, the Jeep had chains on) I can't say enough about this car. It has storage pockets everywhere, and the folding table that is the floor in the back has come in handy many times. It has decent power for a 4 cyl. and gets about 25 mpg on average. When and if this car ever dies, we will definitely buy another one. Honda makes a great car."