2004 Honda CR-V

Based on 735 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Good Small Family Value

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"I use it as a work vehicle, constantly carrying parts, tools and equipment to maintain radio stations at 35,000 miles/year. Good points: It has held up well with a peppy 4-cyl using 5W-20 oil, implying tight tolerances. Comfort and features are spartan ... not lavish. It handles well with respectable 24mpg highway average. It still has the original brakes at 130K with more to go. Bad Points: The factory BF Goodrich tires are HORRIBLE with poor performance and wear-demand replacements or walk. This is NOT an off-road car; it will get easily stuck in the mildest of farm pasture conditions and clearnace is TOO LOW. The "Maintenance" light is ALWAYS on with my use ... oil changes every 3750 mi. The air conditioner blew at 20K (not normal for a Honda). Somehow, the gas tank vapor canister was damaged at the same point (no accident???); the part, alone, was $900!!!! I first refused, finally relented and it's still a problem; the fuel system loses pressure when the gas cap is removed, meaning hard starts with every fillup. The dealer has insulted my intelligence at every turn and one can forget any support from Honda. Service wise, I feel like a slave to the car. It is not a bad car, but at this stage, I have a choice ... spend $2000 on service or use that money as a down-payment for a replacement. Ya' know, I have always liked Nissans. In truth, other folks generally have a better experience than mine but Honda can forget about me because of its policies and dealer support."

Best Vehicle on my 2nd one

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I am on my 2nd CR-V. In 2002, when it was time to trade our conversion van, we still needed room for traveling with our children. The CR-V is perfect size.. The cargo area holds more than I would have EVER thought possible. I have even used the silly table that came with it on several occasions.In 2004, we decided to upgrade to the EX. Again we've had NO problems with it. It already has 94,000 miles on it and nothing has been replaced except tires. If I were to keep driving a SUV, I would most definitely purchase yet another CR-V"

Good Value

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Purchased my 2003 CR-V in August of 2003 with 14 miles for safety and dependability. During 3yr/30k warranty period, the rear differential needed repair. No cost. Vehicle came with digital compass on rear view mirror which is not a standard feature on the CRV. Needed repair twice within the first year. Malfunction light began displaying around 48,000 miles 3-1/2 yrs. A $100 test at dealership showed the Primary 02 sensor needed replacement. Even if the vehicle was under warranty, replacement is not covered. It is considered "maintenance". Cost parts and labor $560. Did not expect that to happen with a Honda while using only premium gasoline. The Drive Light bulb needed replacement after 50,000 miles. Cost for parts and labor $115. After that bulb was replaced, the backlight to the odometer went out 1 day later. Was going to be charged for additional labor, but got out of that. The leg room is perfect. Driver and front passenger seats are comfortable. The back seating is roomy but not comfortable. Feels durable and tough while driving. The cloth seats are durable. If vehicle is rear ended (at 10 miles /hr) by a smaller compact car, there will be damage to tailgate, the entire muffler system including the catalytic converter. Some repair shops will try to get away with not replacing the catalytic converter for insurance purposes. Replaced the Bridgestone Tires with Michelins at 53,000 miles. Made for much better drive. Original front breaks replaced at 39000 miles. Rear brakes are still good. Honda holds its value very well after it leaves the lot."

Overall Wonderful (car)

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Interior space and comfort, Driveable"

Cons: "4 Cyldr, Low undercarriage, Small wheels, low HP"

Painted black rims, Stock Silver, Grille guard added

"I get around 22 MPG Does not have a trailer hitch Wheels are small but yokohoma makes nice rugged geolanders for this size wheel Interior is comfortable and stays clean Great trunk space Love that the seats fold twice for extra trunk space OVERALL GREAT CAMPING VEHICLE"

Painted black rims, Stock Silver, Grille guard added

Very practical car

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Quality vehicle, has a very long life."

Cons: "Brand name parts cost more than off brand parts."

"I bought my CR-V new, just off the truck. I have traveled in the mountains, through the desert and in town. The handling is great, just like a car, not an SUV. The leather seats are easy to keep clean and the heated seats are AMAZING in the winter. I always kept up with scheduled maintenance at the dealership and I've had no problems. This vehicle keeps it value, it's a Honda. I'm very happy with this car."

A great car past 100k miles

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Small, comfortable, go anywhere car!"

Cons: "Horizontal swing back door"

"I bought this car a little over a year ago with 82k miles on it. Since then, I've taken it on several long road trips. My mechanic says it's still working like a champ at 108k miles. We both expect to hit 200k miles someday with no problem. I really love this car. It's small enough to navigate city traffic easily. You sit high enough that you don't feel intimidated by trucks. It seats four comfortably, five in a pinch. You can go anywhere with it - 4wd only? Yeah! The only thing I don't like about it is the horizontal swing back door. It gets in the way, and if you're parked on a slant, it tends to close on you. I would prefer a door that raises up instead."

Love my CR-V

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, handles well in snow"

Cons: "Engine is a little small."

"I bought my 2006 CR-V used in 2013 and I have to say it was one of the best purchases I've ever made. I bought the car with 100,000 miles and have since added almost 10,000. I love this car. It is such a relialbe vehichle and gets pretty good gas mileage for an SUV - consistently about 22 city and 26 Interstate. It handles beautifully in the snow, which I need living in Denver with a moderate commute. Seriously, it barely ever even slips in the snow. It has great storage abilities, since both back seats fold down. It came in handy having moved two times in the last year. I love all the cubbies in it as well. I also love my sunroof. I can't really say anything negative whatsoever about this car. I got rearended a few months ago pretty badly and the rear tire caught most of the damage. My vehicle barely needed any repairs and the guy that hit me totaled his vehicle (it completely crumpled his hood). This car is incredibly sturdy and I feel very safe riding in it, especially after than."

Excellent car for a mom and an outdoorsman!

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"I love my Honda CR-V. I bought it used in 2009 with 87000 miles n it and now I'm getting close 190000 and every mile has been wonderful! My daughters and I are very outdoorsy people; driving off-road to find the perfect camping and hiking spots and this vehicle has been excellent! It's also very comfortable and convenient for daily commuting and city driving. It has so much cargo/kid room but still gets 27 miles per gallon! I love my CR-V!"

best Honda SUV ever!

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "very reliable, comfortable and easy to drive."

Cons: "None...I love my CRV"

my baby

"This is my second Honda, I will never buy anything else!!! We have driven to Orlando, Chicago, and Southern Illinois with great gas mileage, and comfort. Never a break down or noise. If you are looking for a great vacation drive with lots of fun for a SUV, you have to purchase this. I have owned this since 2010 and haven't regret a day since. My mother purchased a 2013 and loves the new model also. I drove it and I think there is no compare."

my baby

A VERY GOOD TRUCK!

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Awesome car and very fun to drive!"

Cons: "cup holders need to be moved"

"My husband and I have had our CRV since we leased it new just over 7 years ago. It has been a very good truck for us. We just now had our very fist major issue with it, and it is between 109,000 and 110,000 mileage, before the radiator went bad on it, and it over heated on us this past Sunday, which was the first time it had ever done that. I have owned both a Chevy and I VW and I can tell you that I didn't have either of them past a 100,000 miles, and I had allot of car issues with both the Chevy and VW. So I am very happy with my Honda, and I will continue to buy from Honda, because they provided us with a rental car while our truck was in the shop, and they have always been very good to us!"

Love my CR-V

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Great storage, price, and value!"

Cons: "I should have purchased the AWD"

"Great choice for a small family. Never had any problems! Bout it brand new in 05. I've taken it on road trips and it has never let me down!"

Honda #1!

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Realbile, 4W Drive EXCELLENT in Wi Winter,"

Cons: "Gas costs tend to be high"

"I owned a Honda Civic for 8 years. The civic had 150,000 miles when I gave it to my college age daughter. Two years later, it's still running! I purchased my used CRV 3 years ago and have put approx 35,000 miles on it. This SUV runs like a dream. No repairs needed to be done; only maintenance (though I'll admit maintenance on a Honda can be pricy). It is a very reliable car; started every single time even though it is kept outside and I live in Wisconsin (we get some pretty bitter cold winters). Honda has and will always be my first choice when owning a vehicle. I find the cars to be extremely reliable and worth every penny! Btw, the only "repair" I ever had to do on my civic was to have an exhaust system put in (twice! it sits low to the ground so that is a problem. The exhaust system cost me approx $200 each time). Great car!"

Loved it from the moment we bought it!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "reliable, easy to drive."

Cons: "needs more cup holders in the back seat area."

"This vehicle is great for small families. It has everything, including a picnic table in the back! Two child car seats fit comfortably in the back seat; we can even fit my neice in between the child seats when she visits. It could use more cup holders in the back and a major costco run is hard with two car seats in the back but we make it work. It is great for long distance travel."

SUPER SMALL SUV

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST VEHICLE OF ALL TIME."

Most reliable car I owned

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "reliability, snow ground clearance, storage/moving"

Cons: "the add on roof racks don't fit well"

"I have had this car since it had 9000 miles and it now has 195,000. It has had very little downtime. And they were only (A/C compressor went out - covered under warranty) and just last week the starter went out. Not bad for 195,000 miles. Body still great, 23 miles average still, rides well and seems like it will run for ever!"

Great value for an all around car

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "all wheel drive, good gas mileage, roomy inside"

Cons: "no blue tooth or auxiliary input"

"The SE model has heated seats, all wheel drive, and lots of other bells and whistles. It has been a great family car, utility workhorse, and all weather capable go anywhere and do anything vehicle. The reclining 60/40 split rear seats have plenty of leg and head room for our family of six footers. Lots of cargo configurations. The gas mileage is pretty good at about 28 although we're waiting for an all wheel drive SUV hybrid that can get the same 52 mpg our Prius gets.... Until then we're keeping the CR-V."

Reliable, practical, great value

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "reliable, great value, good in snow"

Cons: "interior noise, automatic headlights"

"I have really enjoyed this car; I buy my cars to last - benefits of Honda engineering and reliability, good mpg with expected (minimum)repair and replacement costs, very good handling and good power and pickup for 4-cyl. Only major complaint is noisy interior. Minor complaints - would have liked to have additional options (e.g., automatic headlights, power seats). My wife complains the seats are too hard for long drives, but I think they are OK. I would buy again and highly recommend to anyone who wants SUV but willing to compromise for energy efficency and size."

LOVE my Old CRV

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

"I have 130000 on this baby and I hope it goes another 130000. At this point I see no reason why it might not. I still think of it as my new car! NOTHING have ever gone wrong with it other than one bad AC replacement for $1000 3 years ago. Its reliable, comfortable, solid, clean inside and out, and fun."

Good car but does have problems

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Bought it used in 2006 with 48k miles and now it has 123k (drove 75k miles in 4 yrs). Very versatile vehicle. I carried so many things in it. I also towed a utility trailer or a 14 ft Jon boat (barely have enough power for it avg. 21mpg when towed on highway). The seat really hurt my back so had to use some supports (pillow). Normal avg mpg: 25 Routine Maintenance: -Oil change every 5k miles -Transmission oil changed @ 75k miles -Changed tire/brake pad/air filter Problems: -Heater core leaked (80k miles): cost $700 -O2 sensor: $250 -Driver/Passenger doors rattle at speakers location: Fixed myself -One time VTEC didn't work so and rpm didn't go above 2500. Brought to mechanic but didn't find any problems and it has not happened again Will drive it to at least 200k if it didn't give me any major problems."

I Love , absolutely Love my HONDA

By on Sunday, January 06, 2008

"Never have I ever considered loving a vehicle. That's for guys. WRONG! THis CRV has everything I could want or need, except for the center console area, and that is minor compared to the performance and service record. I just love my Honda, and my service techs. So do all of us in the waiting area---do we get "Hondasized"? Just kidding, but EVERY Honda owner I know personally, love their car. You're doing it right! Thanks!"

Never have to worry...

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"We bought this CRV used, in 2004 with 32000 miles on it. It has been a great family vehicle. EXTREMELY reliable! From below zero temps in New England where we use to live to smoldering HOT in the south, never a problem! Always starts easy! A surprising amount of space for lugging things around like chairs, soccer balls and coolers. It's roomy enough for my husband to drive comfortably, he's 6' 1", yet good for me too, I'm 5' 0". A lot of leg room in the back seat, kids and adults can ride comfortably. Get's great gas mileage, even when the a/c is running. Have only had to do regular routine maintenance on it. Things like brakes and tires are not overly priced like with most SUV's. THe only thing I wish was that the engine had a little bit more power, it's only a 4 cyclinder, not great pick up. The Honda CRV was just listed last week on Yahoo news as one of the top 10 cars that should make past 200,000 miles, and I don't doubt it one bit!"

CRV

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I like this car a lot. I bought it new and have owned it six years since. The CRV has plenty of room for my wife, my two kids and our dog. It's big enough to go to the home supply or furnature store and pick up large loads like big chairs and appliances but not so big that you have trouble parking it or have to pay alot for gas. The CRV gets about 21-22 mpg on average and if i take a highway trip it gets about 27-28 mpg. The CRV drives very well on the highway and side roads. I've also driven it in fields and on fire roads with no problems; the CRV has plenty of ground clearance for that. The 4WD does help in snow and i've never crashed or been stuck but the 4WD is a little wierd the way it only comes on only when needed. You get used to it quickly if like to slide around in the snow. I tell people that it is "on demand 4WD" but supply lags demand by about 1 second so be ready. The CRV has never broken down (yet) or had any serious problems. I've changed only the tires and brakes once in 56000 miles. I strongly recommend the CRV."

Very versatile

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"I bought this CRV new in early 2004. Gas mileage averages 22.5 mpg (mixed hwy/city). Positives: The handy under floor cargo area is great for muddy/wet gear. The adjustable back seat provides lots of leg room for back seat passengers and can be folded/tucked enough to haul my kayak or bike -- on the inside! Gets around great on wet or snow-covered roads. Negatives: The paint on the hood chips easily and chipped spots rust. Is there any undercoating??? Poor highway power when running A/C."

awesome; ready for the next 100K

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "great space to lug things. reliable!"

Cons: "can't have legs that are really long."

"This car has been tremendous. If I had not been lucky enough to have a car through work offered at my new job, Goldie would stay put in my garage. Amazing vehicle."

Great control in the snow, Gas mileage 24 mpg,

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Handles great in the snow. Stereo sounds great."

Cons: "Small arm rest."

"I've been buying Hondas since 1974. I found them to be very reliable. This veh. was 2 yrs. old when I purchased it in 2008. I like the color. It is the perfect size to handle all of my needs. Four people can ride in it comfortably. I've kept up with inspections every year. Usually just needs new brakes, rotors, tires, etc. I loved the ability to still play my cassettes that I had from that era. I found that I could haul 8' 2x4s. The sunroof, though I didn't use it much, was a great feature on this veh. It goes real good in the snow. Low maintenance."