2004 Honda CR-V

Based on 712 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Good little SUV for the 7 years that we owned it!

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive, great cargo space, very manuverable"

Cons: "transmission replacement and regular brake work"

"Other than having to replace the transmission at 150,000 (which was a bit of a surprize since we had Toyotas that went to 200,000 with transmissions still fine) this car is a great littte SUV. Gas mileage was wonderful for a car with this much cargo room, especially on the open road. There is a good amount of road noise with this car but that never really bothered me (bothered my hubby more). Heats up and cools down quickly, handles like a car and not at all like a big SUV. Has a lot of get up and go for a six-cylinder. We bought the car in 2008 when it was three years old and had over 70,000 miles on it and got our money's worth out of it PLUS some :-) We have had to have the brakes done regularly but live in the mountains and that is not unusual so could easily not be the car as much as the environment. We are trading up for a larger SUV for six grandkids but I will miss this car a lot."

Quality vehicle worth buying

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "good price"

"The short leg room and the brake pedal being to close to the gas pedal is my biggest complaint. I am over 6 ft. tall and I don't believe they care about the taller folks."

Best car I've ever owned. Most reliable by far

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

"Of all the cars I have owned, this is the one that has never broken down and is the most reliable. I live on a 1/2 mile dirt driveway and have never had a problem with it. It now has 185,000 miles on it and the only issue I have is the paint is peeling off. A pretty cheap paint job, the original. That and some road noise is my only complaint."

Best car value available

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, quiet, powerful, comfortable, safe"

Cons: "None-this is a great car from a great company"

"Best comfort, best drive drain, best torquey and quiet engine, best safety, most comfortable and completely reliable car we have ever owned. Love it. Get one."

I have owned and loved this car since 2006

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, low cost to own"

Cons: "Uncomfortable fit for larger males"

"I bought my 2006 Honda CRV EX brand new in May 2006. It currently has 104,000 miles on it. I changed my first brake light this past weekend. Meaning, this car has given me NO problems (knock on wood) since I purchased it. I do maintain it as required (for example: oil changes & tire rotations every few thousand miles, the required service at the correct intervals, tires and brakes as needed). This car has done everything I have ever asked of it: hauling bicycles, flat pack IKEA boxes, the dog, and the family; through hurricane weather and flooding, ice and snow storms...it has never complained once.It has taken me half way across the country comfortably, and it is also a breeze to zip in and around town into tight spaces. It is dependable, has peppy acceleration, shifts smoothly...I honestly can't say enough good things about this car. It doesn't hurt that my insurance rates are the lowest of any car in our household or any car I've ever owned, as well."

This machine is a beast

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, easy to drive, space, easy to park"

Cons: "avg sound system, minor road noise"

"I bought my CRV new on 2002. No mechanical problems in the last 12 years, I changed the oil every 10k miles and never have a problem. It carries everything that I need, sport equipment, bikes, house stuff, trash. Whatever you can put in the trunk. Very reliable, in cold and warm weather. The gas consumption is acceptable for a SUV, this one is around 25 mpg Interiors are not the best, but acceptable. Very resistant to any kind of spill, kids food, teenagers and any other sources of stains. I just changed the breaks pads yesterday and it feels like new."

Best vehicle I ever owned.

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Great price, and fun to drive."

"Great Honda reliability. Great ease of handling. Lots of room inside. Easy to find a parking spot and easy to make a Uturn when needed."

First vehicle, still around! Love it!

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"I've had this car since I turned 16 and it's an amazing car. Worth the money you put into it. Never had mechanical problems or anything. Great gas mileage and comfortable to drive. Safe car!"

Love the AWD!

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

"I would definitely buy another CR-V"

My 2006 Honda CRV excellent mechanically comfort ?

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

"Dislike black interior. Dislike like the red dashboard light. It's horrible! Radio buttons the paint is worn off in 8 years my Toyota was 10 years old and that never happened. The rubber around windows is all dried up; again my Toyota never had this problem either. The seats are uncomfortable and the headrests why do they push your head forward?? Driving any distance in this car is so uncomfortable your neck and head are killing you after awhile. Mechanically it's been very good to me but I have done all recommended mileage servicing for the last 8 years. Not sure if I would purchase another Honda though."