2003 Honda CR-V

Based on 712 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Good little SUV for the 7 years that we owned it!

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive, great cargo space, very manuverable"

Cons: "transmission replacement and regular brake work"

"Other than having to replace the transmission at 150,000 (which was a bit of a surprize since we had Toyotas that went to 200,000 with transmissions still fine) this car is a great littte SUV. Gas mileage was wonderful for a car with this much cargo room, especially on the open road. There is a good amount of road noise with this car but that never really bothered me (bothered my hubby more). Heats up and cools down quickly, handles like a car and not at all like a big SUV. Has a lot of get up and go for a six-cylinder. We bought the car in 2008 when it was three years old and had over 70,000 miles on it and got our money's worth out of it PLUS some :-) We have had to have the brakes done regularly but live in the mountains and that is not unusual so could easily not be the car as much as the environment. We are trading up for a larger SUV for six grandkids but I will miss this car a lot."

Quality vehicle worth buying

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "good price"

"The short leg room and the brake pedal being to close to the gas pedal is my biggest complaint. I am over 6 ft. tall and I don't believe they care about the taller folks."

Best car I've ever owned. Most reliable by far

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

"Of all the cars I have owned, this is the one that has never broken down and is the most reliable. I live on a 1/2 mile dirt driveway and have never had a problem with it. It now has 185,000 miles on it and the only issue I have is the paint is peeling off. A pretty cheap paint job, the original. That and some road noise is my only complaint."

Best car value available

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, quiet, powerful, comfortable, safe"

Cons: "None-this is a great car from a great company"

"Best comfort, best drive drain, best torquey and quiet engine, best safety, most comfortable and completely reliable car we have ever owned. Love it. Get one."

I have owned and loved this car since 2006

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, low cost to own"

Cons: "Uncomfortable fit for larger males"

"I bought my 2006 Honda CRV EX brand new in May 2006. It currently has 104,000 miles on it. I changed my first brake light this past weekend. Meaning, this car has given me NO problems (knock on wood) since I purchased it. I do maintain it as required (for example: oil changes & tire rotations every few thousand miles, the required service at the correct intervals, tires and brakes as needed). This car has done everything I have ever asked of it: hauling bicycles, flat pack IKEA boxes, the dog, and the family; through hurricane weather and flooding, ice and snow storms...it has never complained once.It has taken me half way across the country comfortably, and it is also a breeze to zip in and around town into tight spaces. It is dependable, has peppy acceleration, shifts smoothly...I honestly can't say enough good things about this car. It doesn't hurt that my insurance rates are the lowest of any car in our household or any car I've ever owned, as well."

This machine is a beast

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, easy to drive, space, easy to park"

Cons: "avg sound system, minor road noise"

"I bought my CRV new on 2002. No mechanical problems in the last 12 years, I changed the oil every 10k miles and never have a problem. It carries everything that I need, sport equipment, bikes, house stuff, trash. Whatever you can put in the trunk. Very reliable, in cold and warm weather. The gas consumption is acceptable for a SUV, this one is around 25 mpg Interiors are not the best, but acceptable. Very resistant to any kind of spill, kids food, teenagers and any other sources of stains. I just changed the breaks pads yesterday and it feels like new."

Best vehicle I ever owned.

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Great price, and fun to drive."

"Great Honda reliability. Great ease of handling. Lots of room inside. Easy to find a parking spot and easy to make a Uturn when needed."

First vehicle, still around! Love it!

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"I've had this car since I turned 16 and it's an amazing car. Worth the money you put into it. Never had mechanical problems or anything. Great gas mileage and comfortable to drive. Safe car!"

Love the AWD!

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

"I would definitely buy another CR-V"

My 2006 Honda CRV excellent mechanically comfort ?

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

"Dislike black interior. Dislike like the red dashboard light. It's horrible! Radio buttons the paint is worn off in 8 years my Toyota was 10 years old and that never happened. The rubber around windows is all dried up; again my Toyota never had this problem either. The seats are uncomfortable and the headrests why do they push your head forward?? Driving any distance in this car is so uncomfortable your neck and head are killing you after awhile. Mechanically it's been very good to me but I have done all recommended mileage servicing for the last 8 years. Not sure if I would purchase another Honda though."

Best vehicle value I have owned

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "roominess for hauling light cargo"

Cons: "back seat comfort"

"This car has been a workhorse in addition to providing basic transportation. Really appreciate handling and traction in snow. Often pull light duty trailer with building supplies. Never any drive train problems. Still runs great and gas mileage improved after first 100,000 miles. Not a car for regular riders in back seat. Room enough, but ride there is not pleasant."

one owner, low miles, changed oil/adjusted everyth

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "easy drive,low mileage,low gas use, one owner"

Cons: "no 4 wheel drive, no erxpensive stuff to go wrong"

"excerllent condition, good to great working order, did required maintenance when recommended, was parked out of weather, cleaned/vacumed, tires OK, spare on back door, perforems well.............hate tyo see it go but would like to have some good person have it.......take it over now. carries anything you need. used as transport for my wheelchair and walkers."

Love this car!

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "reliable and good to drive, side opening rear door"

Cons: "faulty headlights"

"This is the last year that the back/hatch door opens to the side instead of overhead, which I greatly prefer. It handles well on the highway, dirt roads, rain, snow, what ever I've gone through. The biggest problem that I have had with this particular car is the headlights keep going out. It is annoying and inconvenient especially when I don't get one fixed quickly and the second goes out. I always carry a spare. Other than that it's a great vehicle!"

Great Ride

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

"I enjoy my CRV, although it is a stick and time to get rid of it after 10 years!"

Gret car

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

"Great car"

Top notch...never one warranty issue.

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Yeah"

"Have owned this Honda CRV for 9 yrs. No warranty issues.... just normal maintenance. Change the oil every 3,000 . All maintenance done at Honda dealership. Their pricing more than competes with Pep Boys, Salem Bros., Gruelich, etc. Just take it to Honda and get it done right."

One of the all-time greats!

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Reason: got a Volt

Pros: "reiliable, valuable, versatile, economical, safe,"

Cons: "driver's seat didn't go back far enough"

"I used to think my '98 Odyssey was the best car ever, but I think this car nudges it out. There have been "0" issues with the car and it's only been to the dealer for routine maintenance. I changed the brakes for the first time at 95k miles and the battery at 105k! The car is quick, economical (24 MPG overall!), ultra reliable, durable, versatile, comfortable, fun to drive, and pleasant looking. It was the last year for the manly box on box design, replaced by the girly jellybean look in 2007. I originally paid just $19,600 for it. I just hated to sell it, but the future is electric and I'm very pleased with my Chevy Volt, averaging over 150 MPG!"

My video

Honda CR-V tail light fix

I love my CRV!

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

"This has been the best car I have ever had! I drive a lot and have always been able to depend on my CRV! It sure has a lot of mile rolling in at 285,000! and I hope to be able to drive it at least another 100,000! I am afraid that I will be needing a new car soon but just don't know if I will be able to love one as much as I love this one!! I had to buy it after Hurricane Katrina when I had to relocate to Colorado and it has been very dependable, safe, and fun! Thank you HONDA!"

Comfortable and reliable.

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room and a comfortable ride."

"The car is working very well after 10 years and has had minimal problems."

Buy one right now

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Comfy, feels compact but is roomy, drives great"

Cons: "Parts are expensive, the car itself is expensive"

"My grandfather gave me a 2003 CR-V as a kind of living legacy--one that he could see me enjoy before he passed rather than after. I love this car. It took me from single lady about town to mom of a toddler. I am a small person, but unlike many vehicles of this size and even smaller (my husband's Pontiac Vibe for instance), I sit up comfortably high over the steering wheel. Yet it still drives like a car. Even the back seats are comfy. It's perfectly roomy without being huge, and it fits my family's life without being a 110% mom-car. Parts do tend to be expensive for this vehicle, but the fact that it's so well made and reliable means you don't need repairs as often. My CR-V is now well over ten years old and while it is starting to wear down a little and needs repairs more frequently now, it's doing better than the vast majority of other makes of the same age. When I do take it into the shop, the mechanics always marvel at how great it's doing. And I drive it a lot, and not usually in ideal conditions! Let's put it this way: there's a reason you see so many CR-Vs on the road. Just a really, really great car."

Best car I've owned. Very reliable. Smooth riding

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Reliable. Comfortable smooth ride. holds value"

Cons: "Driving dynamics are vague."

"Absolutely the best vehicle I've owned. Very reliable. Smooth ride. Yes, there's road noise. Honda's are famous for that. Only started having costly (expected given mileage) repairs the past couple of years. Hated to part with it but needed to get a new car before I retire."

I love My Honda CRV

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable"

Cons: "carpet mats tear easily"

"9 years of ownership and my Crv runs like a champ. Regular maintenance makes any Honda last for...ever! Always owned Honda, always will!"

Reliable as they come

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "traction, reliability, built to last"

Cons: "cabin noise, fading paint"

"Bought my 2005 CRV in early 2007 and am just considering trading it in now. Handles like a champ in snow and sudden stopping. I've barely done more than add oil over the last 7-plus years. I'm now driving about 500 miles per week for work and I'm wanting to drop back to a smaller sedan with better gas mileage and more range. My CRV only has a 13 gal tank I believe, and still gets like 24 mpg,but that equates to 3 fills a week, where something else might only mean one. Cons - paint started going about a year ago and cabin noise might be more than you're used to. All in all this vehicle owes me nothing and I'm almost sad to get rid of her now."

reliable workhorse

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "reliability"

Cons: "mediocre sound"

"Reliable runabout. Gas mileage at 20 mpg is so so. At $28,000 new, the price is on the highside than comparable cars from competitors."

Reliable but outdated

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

"This has been a very reliable car for me and I still love it. The ONLY reason I am considering buying something new is the lack of an input for my iPod….which is pretty stupid considering how little it is costing me (taxes and insurance) to run such a reliable comfortable vehicle….and explains why I probably will not buy a new car."