• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2002 Honda CR-V

Based on 704 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

CRV

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I like this car a lot. I bought it new and have owned it six years since. The CRV has plenty of room for my wife, my two kids and our dog. It's big enough to go to the home supply or furnature store and pick up large loads like big chairs and appliances but not so big that you have trouble parking it or have to pay alot for gas. The CRV gets about 21-22 mpg on average and if i take a highway trip it gets about 27-28 mpg. The CRV drives very well on the highway and side roads. I've also driven it in fields and on fire roads with no problems; the CRV has plenty of ground clearance for that. The 4WD does help in snow and i've never crashed or been stuck but the 4WD is a little wierd the way it only comes on only when needed. You get used to it quickly if like to slide around in the snow. I tell people that it is "on demand 4WD" but supply lags demand by about 1 second so be ready. The CRV has never broken down (yet) or had any serious problems. I've changed only the tires and brakes once in 56000 miles. I strongly recommend the CRV."

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"This is the 3rd Honda I've owned and have not been dissapointed with one yet. I have an '06 2WD CR-V EX. LOTS of cargo space for a small SUV. Perfect for moving around as a travel nurse, driving down on the beach, or in the city! VERSATILE! Came with all kinds of extras at a decent cost. Sporty. LOVE IT!!!!"

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

04 CRV

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"Outstanding vehicle... very reliable. Good gas mileage, could be better.. but very dependable. it's a Honda."

Best Vehicle on my 2nd one

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I am on my 2nd CR-V. In 2002, when it was time to trade our conversion van, we still needed room for traveling with our children. The CR-V is perfect size.. The cargo area holds more than I would have EVER thought possible. I have even used the silly table that came with it on several occasions.In 2004, we decided to upgrade to the EX. Again we've had NO problems with it. It already has 94,000 miles on it and nothing has been replaced except tires. If I were to keep driving a SUV, I would most definitely purchase yet another CR-V"

Good Value

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Purchased my 2003 CR-V in August of 2003 with 14 miles for safety and dependability. During 3yr/30k warranty period, the rear differential needed repair. No cost. Vehicle came with digital compass on rear view mirror which is not a standard feature on the CRV. Needed repair twice within the first year. Malfunction light began displaying around 48,000 miles 3-1/2 yrs. A $100 test at dealership showed the Primary 02 sensor needed replacement. Even if the vehicle was under warranty, replacement is not covered. It is considered "maintenance". Cost parts and labor $560. Did not expect that to happen with a Honda while using only premium gasoline. The Drive Light bulb needed replacement after 50,000 miles. Cost for parts and labor $115. After that bulb was replaced, the backlight to the odometer went out 1 day later. Was going to be charged for additional labor, but got out of that. The leg room is perfect. Driver and front passenger seats are comfortable. The back seating is roomy but not comfortable. Feels durable and tough while driving. The cloth seats are durable. If vehicle is rear ended (at 10 miles /hr) by a smaller compact car, there will be damage to tailgate, the entire muffler system including the catalytic converter. Some repair shops will try to get away with not replacing the catalytic converter for insurance purposes. Replaced the Bridgestone Tires with Michelins at 53,000 miles. Made for much better drive. Original front breaks replaced at 39000 miles. Rear brakes are still good. Honda holds its value very well after it leaves the lot."

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

Bad Quality Leather Seats

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"Leather Seats detoriated in less than 6 months. Honda refused to honor the warranty"

Great compact SUV!

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"The best vehicle I've owned (I've owned a lot). Solid construction. Quality materials used inside and out. Very comfortable on long trips. Great gas for 4WD."

I love my CRV! Getting another!

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I've had my 2002 CRV since it was new, and it has over 125k on it. Basically no complaints at all EXCEPT - cruise control went around 90K (would have been $1000), the driver's side power window module went at about the same time ($450) and I seem to go through brakes and rotors more often than I think I should. No other complaints or large repairs have been done. I'm selling it to my mother and buying a 2001 CRV with less mileage! I love this car and find it completely reliable; gets about 30mpg (5-speed) on my 80 mile daily commute, AWD is great in the snow and ice conditions especially paired with 4 good snow tires. There is plenty of storage in the back with the seats folded, and although somewhat hard, the front seats are comfortable and supportive."