2002 Honda CR-V

Based on 751 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Terrific! Runs like a clock.

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, versatility"

Cons: "3rd seat belt holder, road noise, dashboard light"

"I bought this new 8 years ago and it runs like a clock. It just turned over 300,000 miles today. Other than minimal maintenance it just keeps going. It has been everything from a passenger bvehicel to a multi-purpose carry all for construction projects at home and the camp. It is a little noisy and the third sealtbelt in the back seat made a lot of noise hitting the ceiling until I added some cushion. My daughter is begging me to give it to her and buy a new CRV but it is so inexpensive to drive and own I cannot do it. Absolutely the best deal for a vehicle."

Very, very happy--170,000 miles in 6 years.

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Stability, drive, mileage, roominness--everything."

Cons: "windshield-wiper hose somehow got pinched by hood"

"A year ago I drove a brand new one because I had put so many miles on mine I figured it was time to turn it in. Wrong! My old one drove just as great as a new one--sounded the same, too, no engine noises, knocking, vibrations--nothing. And the all-wheel drive has gotten me through five Vermont winters--now I'm on the freeways of Chicago with it."

Lucky to be alive, thank you Honda!

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

"I don't know if it was just luck or the car but I flipped/ rolled my Honda CRV a couple days ago and didn't even get a scratch! Unfortunately the car is totaled but I survived it with no injuries what-so-ever and am feeling very thankful. I loved my CRV before and love it even more now!"

Excellent Do-it-all vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2009

"I purchased my '05 Honda CR-V new in July of '05 and have loved it ever since. My previous vehicle was a '00 Honda CR-V. Pros: Do-it-all vehicle - very versitle, 4WD is nice in wet/snowy weather, reliability, heat/AC work great, comfortable, great stereo, great interior storage, Cons: Gas mileage is so-so for small vehicle w/ 4 cylinder engine, could use more power - or better mileage, expensive, I have driven this vehcile in all kinds of conditions over the past 4 years and it is still fun to drive. It is excellent in the snow. I have averaged only 22-24 mpg overall - doing all kinds of driving (highway & in town). I have added nerf bars, vent visors and a sun roof deflector which have added a lot to the Honda. Without the sun roof defelector you wouldn't want the sun roof open driving faster than about 40 mph, otherwise it was very loud in the cab. This has been a great vehicle and I would buy one again in a heartbeat. I like the styling of the '06 and older CR-Vs much better than the newer versions."

Honda CRV 2006 2WD

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I have owned 9 Honda vehicle's in 30 years. This one was built in Japan and seems very reliable. This is the second Honda SUV that I have purchased and they both have come with Bridgetone Tires. These tires are cheap and very noisy. On both occassions, I had them replaced with Michelins. Much better performance, handling and more of a quiet ride. I am somewhat disappointed with the gas mileage at 19-21 mpg. I got that with the 98 Passport that I owned before this and it had a V-6, 3.0 motor vs the CRV 4 cyl. Overall, I highly recommend the vehicle. With the only improvement being MICHELIN TIRES!!!!"