2002 Honda CR-V

Based on 751 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

A VERY GOOD TRUCK!

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Awesome car and very fun to drive!"

Cons: "cup holders need to be moved"

"My husband and I have had our CRV since we leased it new just over 7 years ago. It has been a very good truck for us. We just now had our very fist major issue with it, and it is between 109,000 and 110,000 mileage, before the radiator went bad on it, and it over heated on us this past Sunday, which was the first time it had ever done that. I have owned both a Chevy and I VW and I can tell you that I didn't have either of them past a 100,000 miles, and I had allot of car issues with both the Chevy and VW. So I am very happy with my Honda, and I will continue to buy from Honda, because they provided us with a rental car while our truck was in the shop, and they have always been very good to us!"

Love my CR-V

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Great storage, price, and value!"

Cons: "I should have purchased the AWD"

"Great choice for a small family. Never had any problems! Bout it brand new in 05. I've taken it on road trips and it has never let me down!"

Honda #1!

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Realbile, 4W Drive EXCELLENT in Wi Winter,"

Cons: "Gas costs tend to be high"

"I owned a Honda Civic for 8 years. The civic had 150,000 miles when I gave it to my college age daughter. Two years later, it's still running! I purchased my used CRV 3 years ago and have put approx 35,000 miles on it. This SUV runs like a dream. No repairs needed to be done; only maintenance (though I'll admit maintenance on a Honda can be pricy). It is a very reliable car; started every single time even though it is kept outside and I live in Wisconsin (we get some pretty bitter cold winters). Honda has and will always be my first choice when owning a vehicle. I find the cars to be extremely reliable and worth every penny! Btw, the only "repair" I ever had to do on my civic was to have an exhaust system put in (twice! it sits low to the ground so that is a problem. The exhaust system cost me approx $200 each time). Great car!"

Loved it from the moment we bought it!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "reliable, easy to drive."

Cons: "needs more cup holders in the back seat area."

"This vehicle is great for small families. It has everything, including a picnic table in the back! Two child car seats fit comfortably in the back seat; we can even fit my neice in between the child seats when she visits. It could use more cup holders in the back and a major costco run is hard with two car seats in the back but we make it work. It is great for long distance travel."

SUPER SMALL SUV

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST VEHICLE OF ALL TIME."

Most reliable car I owned

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "reliability, snow ground clearance, storage/moving"

Cons: "the add on roof racks don't fit well"

"I have had this car since it had 9000 miles and it now has 195,000. It has had very little downtime. And they were only (A/C compressor went out - covered under warranty) and just last week the starter went out. Not bad for 195,000 miles. Body still great, 23 miles average still, rides well and seems like it will run for ever!"

Great value for an all around car

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "all wheel drive, good gas mileage, roomy inside"

Cons: "no blue tooth or auxiliary input"

"The SE model has heated seats, all wheel drive, and lots of other bells and whistles. It has been a great family car, utility workhorse, and all weather capable go anywhere and do anything vehicle. The reclining 60/40 split rear seats have plenty of leg and head room for our family of six footers. Lots of cargo configurations. The gas mileage is pretty good at about 28 although we're waiting for an all wheel drive SUV hybrid that can get the same 52 mpg our Prius gets.... Until then we're keeping the CR-V."

Reliable, practical, great value

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "reliable, great value, good in snow"

Cons: "interior noise, automatic headlights"

"I have really enjoyed this car; I buy my cars to last - benefits of Honda engineering and reliability, good mpg with expected (minimum)repair and replacement costs, very good handling and good power and pickup for 4-cyl. Only major complaint is noisy interior. Minor complaints - would have liked to have additional options (e.g., automatic headlights, power seats). My wife complains the seats are too hard for long drives, but I think they are OK. I would buy again and highly recommend to anyone who wants SUV but willing to compromise for energy efficency and size."

LOVE my Old CRV

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

"I have 130000 on this baby and I hope it goes another 130000. At this point I see no reason why it might not. I still think of it as my new car! NOTHING have ever gone wrong with it other than one bad AC replacement for $1000 3 years ago. Its reliable, comfortable, solid, clean inside and out, and fun."

Good car but does have problems

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Bought it used in 2006 with 48k miles and now it has 123k (drove 75k miles in 4 yrs). Very versatile vehicle. I carried so many things in it. I also towed a utility trailer or a 14 ft Jon boat (barely have enough power for it avg. 21mpg when towed on highway). The seat really hurt my back so had to use some supports (pillow). Normal avg mpg: 25 Routine Maintenance: -Oil change every 5k miles -Transmission oil changed @ 75k miles -Changed tire/brake pad/air filter Problems: -Heater core leaked (80k miles): cost $700 -O2 sensor: $250 -Driver/Passenger doors rattle at speakers location: Fixed myself -One time VTEC didn't work so and rpm didn't go above 2500. Brought to mechanic but didn't find any problems and it has not happened again Will drive it to at least 200k if it didn't give me any major problems."

Lemon

By on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

"Don't buy this car. I have replaced 7 (yes that's right 7) compressors and the entire AC system was replaced at dealership price ($3000) two times. The compressor used in this car can't hack it in the heat of TX."

I Love , absolutely Love my HONDA

By on Sunday, January 06, 2008

"Never have I ever considered loving a vehicle. That's for guys. WRONG! THis CRV has everything I could want or need, except for the center console area, and that is minor compared to the performance and service record. I just love my Honda, and my service techs. So do all of us in the waiting area---do we get "Hondasized"? Just kidding, but EVERY Honda owner I know personally, love their car. You're doing it right! Thanks!"

Never have to worry...

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"We bought this CRV used, in 2004 with 32000 miles on it. It has been a great family vehicle. EXTREMELY reliable! From below zero temps in New England where we use to live to smoldering HOT in the south, never a problem! Always starts easy! A surprising amount of space for lugging things around like chairs, soccer balls and coolers. It's roomy enough for my husband to drive comfortably, he's 6' 1", yet good for me too, I'm 5' 0". A lot of leg room in the back seat, kids and adults can ride comfortably. Get's great gas mileage, even when the a/c is running. Have only had to do regular routine maintenance on it. Things like brakes and tires are not overly priced like with most SUV's. THe only thing I wish was that the engine had a little bit more power, it's only a 4 cyclinder, not great pick up. The Honda CRV was just listed last week on Yahoo news as one of the top 10 cars that should make past 200,000 miles, and I don't doubt it one bit!"

CRV

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I like this car a lot. I bought it new and have owned it six years since. The CRV has plenty of room for my wife, my two kids and our dog. It's big enough to go to the home supply or furnature store and pick up large loads like big chairs and appliances but not so big that you have trouble parking it or have to pay alot for gas. The CRV gets about 21-22 mpg on average and if i take a highway trip it gets about 27-28 mpg. The CRV drives very well on the highway and side roads. I've also driven it in fields and on fire roads with no problems; the CRV has plenty of ground clearance for that. The 4WD does help in snow and i've never crashed or been stuck but the 4WD is a little wierd the way it only comes on only when needed. You get used to it quickly if like to slide around in the snow. I tell people that it is "on demand 4WD" but supply lags demand by about 1 second so be ready. The CRV has never broken down (yet) or had any serious problems. I've changed only the tires and brakes once in 56000 miles. I strongly recommend the CRV."

Very versatile

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"I bought this CRV new in early 2004. Gas mileage averages 22.5 mpg (mixed hwy/city). Positives: The handy under floor cargo area is great for muddy/wet gear. The adjustable back seat provides lots of leg room for back seat passengers and can be folded/tucked enough to haul my kayak or bike -- on the inside! Gets around great on wet or snow-covered roads. Negatives: The paint on the hood chips easily and chipped spots rust. Is there any undercoating??? Poor highway power when running A/C."

Can't Go Wrong with Honda

By on Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pros: "affordable, comfortable, reliable, predictable"

"I've owned a number of vehicles in a half-century of driving, but none have measured up to the Honda CR-V I currently own. It has been absolutely trouble-free, requiring only routine maintenance, and superbly reliable. It's hard to beat on either local jaunts to the store or long drives to distant attractions. Visibility is great, seating comfort is supportive, handling is better than it should be for a vehicle of this nature. I have no complaints worthy of mention. If this one ever fails me down the road, I'll doubtless buy another!"

awesome; ready for the next 100K

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "great space to lug things. reliable!"

Cons: "can't have legs that are really long."

"This car has been tremendous. If I had not been lucky enough to have a car through work offered at my new job, Goldie would stay put in my garage. Amazing vehicle."

We own 3 CRV's

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Very little maintenance cost"

Cons: "Not much power! Poor air conditioner quality"

"I bought the 2005 CRV new and have loved it. So far our family has owned 3 of them (we also have a 2004). They handle pretty well in the snow, get good gas mileage, and are a sturdy all purpose vehicle. Not much power in the engine, but I didn't buy it for that reason. Probably the only issue I have is that my daughter's '04 has an A/C that failed, and the price to repair it is ridiculous. From what I've read, that's a problem with this car. Other than that, my 2005 has been pretty reliable."

This has been the best vehicle I've ever had.

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive and will get up and go."

Cons: "No plugs for I-Pod"

Looks just like this no damage

"This CRV is a great vehicle. Always got the oil changes and normal maintenance work done at Honda dealer. So, they have complete history of vehicle. I will miss it!"

Looks just like this no damage

Has been a very reliable vehicle.

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

"I bought this new and has needed very little repairs. The pros: reliable, easy to drive, great in snowy Iowa, great cargo space, good visibility. Cons: not always the most comfortable ride, amended that with a seat cushion, noisy interior on the highway- crank up the volume (lol), gas mileage consistently 22-23mpg hwy. Have replaced the a/c twice. Will keep on driving my CRV till it quits on me! Would consider buying another if gas mileage was better."

Overall great mini suv, lots of room.

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Sits high, plenty cargo room."

Cons: "Too much maintenance issues."

"03 bought used in 06 at 65k miles, replaced ac unit at 89k, replaced starter 92k (my fault burnt starter because battery was bad...replace battery fast). Today at 149K ac needs to be replaced again! Car overheated had to replace 2 belts one of condenser fan which caused the overheating. Cost $900.00. On top of that dealer said I would need to change the serpentine belt & tensioner which is big bucks. I am leaning on selling the car all though it was a good car just not a good year."

dependable low matanence

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "wife wont let me drive it to work"

"owened car for 5yrs. changed ox sencer 2009. changed ac compresser and condencer 2013. regular matanense. car is spacious plenty of storage plenty of room for long trips mpg aprox 26. never been stuck in snow [all wheel drive]the crv is worth the money you will spend in the long run. sound system is high quality, comfortable ride,large storage in back, small hiden storage everywhere,one blind spot left side needed to add round mirror. quite ride. full size spare easy to park back seets adjust and recline ."

Best Car I have owned so far!!!!

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "312000 Miles enough said"

Cons: "repair parts are pricey"

"Would love to have 3 more with a v-6"

it's been a great car!

By on Sunday, June 09, 2013

Pros: "safe, reliable, doesn't breakdown"

Cons: "the original tires only lasted 35K"

"I've had this car for 10 years, and it's been reliable and safe. the manual transmission has worked smoothly the entire time, and it's only required normal maintenance. it's too bad Honda changed the style so much or I'd buy another one in a heartbeat."

Love this car!

By on Friday, August 03, 2012

Pros: "low maintenance, great mileage"

Cons: "The leather interior doesn't wear well"

"excellent gas mileage, always reliable, easy to maneuver, low cost maintenance. Virtually a no brainer . The best vehicle I have ever owned. Honda makes a real quality product."