2002 Honda CR-V

Based on 752 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Perfect vehicle! nothing better

By on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pros: "lasts forever and looks great, it does everything i could ever want"

Cons: "not 6 cylinder"

"this car has so many miles on it and not one problem! ever! the only thing that has ever broken on the car is the interior fan!"

Pretty dang good car

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good in all weather, zippy"

Cons: "A bit uncomfortable seats and road noise"

"I love my Honda, it is reliable beyond belief, is amazing in snow, and gets 25mpg...cant ask for an SUV that does all of that really. It is a typical Honda type car though with not the most comfortable seats, or road noise. But it fits all five of us well and has some cool features like a built in table that I use regularly! Not sure you can get a better small SUV!"

Love this car.

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun, safe, storage, cupholders, map holders ++++++"

"I purchased my Honda because for that year, it was the safest car in my price range. I have two grandsons and feel comfortable with this car. The view when changing lanes is fantastic. The newer models have a smaller rear side window. I added a "trunk" liner because I have a dog and do a lot of gardening. Fits perfectly, great asset. The moon roof is perfect and allows a lot of versatility. My grandkids just love the multi-CD player. Drives smooth and the skid control has saved me more than once on snowy days. I'd give it an 11 if I could!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, looks, driveability, mileage, room."

Cons: "A little noisy as miles pile on, differential oil"

"We have 150,000 miles on our '06 CR-V -most of it in the Keys. The total repairs in this time are, well, NONE. We've replaced tires and brakes but that is all. Rides good, nice to drive. This summer it went on a 4,000 mile trip without a second thought. Our plan is to go over 200,000 miles. If this car caught fire tomorrow I'd buy another in a New York minute! One great car!"

Terrific! Runs like a clock.

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, versatility"

Cons: "3rd seat belt holder, road noise, dashboard light"

"I bought this new 8 years ago and it runs like a clock. It just turned over 300,000 miles today. Other than minimal maintenance it just keeps going. It has been everything from a passenger bvehicel to a multi-purpose carry all for construction projects at home and the camp. It is a little noisy and the third sealtbelt in the back seat made a lot of noise hitting the ceiling until I added some cushion. My daughter is begging me to give it to her and buy a new CRV but it is so inexpensive to drive and own I cannot do it. Absolutely the best deal for a vehicle."

Very, very happy--170,000 miles in 6 years.

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Stability, drive, mileage, roominness--everything."

Cons: "windshield-wiper hose somehow got pinched by hood"

"A year ago I drove a brand new one because I had put so many miles on mine I figured it was time to turn it in. Wrong! My old one drove just as great as a new one--sounded the same, too, no engine noises, knocking, vibrations--nothing. And the all-wheel drive has gotten me through five Vermont winters--now I'm on the freeways of Chicago with it."

Lucky to be alive, thank you Honda!

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

"I don't know if it was just luck or the car but I flipped/ rolled my Honda CRV a couple days ago and didn't even get a scratch! Unfortunately the car is totaled but I survived it with no injuries what-so-ever and am feeling very thankful. I loved my CRV before and love it even more now!"

Excellent Do-it-all vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2009

"I purchased my '05 Honda CR-V new in July of '05 and have loved it ever since. My previous vehicle was a '00 Honda CR-V. Pros: Do-it-all vehicle - very versitle, 4WD is nice in wet/snowy weather, reliability, heat/AC work great, comfortable, great stereo, great interior storage, Cons: Gas mileage is so-so for small vehicle w/ 4 cylinder engine, could use more power - or better mileage, expensive, I have driven this vehcile in all kinds of conditions over the past 4 years and it is still fun to drive. It is excellent in the snow. I have averaged only 22-24 mpg overall - doing all kinds of driving (highway & in town). I have added nerf bars, vent visors and a sun roof deflector which have added a lot to the Honda. Without the sun roof defelector you wouldn't want the sun roof open driving faster than about 40 mph, otherwise it was very loud in the cab. This has been a great vehicle and I would buy one again in a heartbeat. I like the styling of the '06 and older CR-Vs much better than the newer versions."

Honda CRV 2006 2WD

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I have owned 9 Honda vehicle's in 30 years. This one was built in Japan and seems very reliable. This is the second Honda SUV that I have purchased and they both have come with Bridgetone Tires. These tires are cheap and very noisy. On both occassions, I had them replaced with Michelins. Much better performance, handling and more of a quiet ride. I am somewhat disappointed with the gas mileage at 19-21 mpg. I got that with the 98 Passport that I owned before this and it had a V-6, 3.0 motor vs the CRV 4 cyl. Overall, I highly recommend the vehicle. With the only improvement being MICHELIN TIRES!!!!"

Best car ever

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "No problems in 9 years"

Cons: "Cant think of one"

"I bought this baby brand new in 2005. What a car. ZERO, and I mean ZERO problems with it mechanically in 9 years. This car has been so good to me. I highly recommend a Honda CRV to anyone who wants a roomy, reliable small SUV"

Disappointed

By on Saturday, March 07, 2009

"My CR-V is only 6 1/2 years old and has 58,200 miles on it. Just a few months ago I paid $500 to get the check engine sensor fixed. My air conditioner stopped working and I am being told it's going to cost $1600 to fix. The door alarm that alerts you that your lights are on or your key is still in the ignition is not working either and will cost another $425 to fix. Since I've had the car, I've had trouble with my locks. They key won't fit and I've had the driver's side and passenger side fixed. Fortunately the car was still under warranty, but now the back door won't open and I will have to pay to fix it. I have my car serviced regularly and can't understand why I'm having all these very expensive problems. Overall, I am very dissatisfied with the reliability of my CR-V and would hesitate to purchase another."

Third Honda Over 100K miles

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Over 100k miles, just replaced brakes for first time (highway driving); only major repairs were for Airbag Computer ($800) and antiskid computer ($800). Nice smaller SUV with an expected hard ride. Reliable, good working relationship with dealer (they seem to care). Will buy another (got close to 200k miles out of my '78 Accord (size of a Civic Hatchback in those days), and over 200K miles out of my '89 Civic Hatchback."

Top notch...never one warranty issue.

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Yeah"

"Have owned this Honda CRV for 9 yrs. No warranty issues.... just normal maintenance. Change the oil every 3,000 . All maintenance done at Honda dealership. Their pricing more than competes with Pep Boys, Salem Bros., Gruelich, etc. Just take it to Honda and get it done right."

Reliable as they come

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "traction, reliability, built to last"

Cons: "cabin noise, fading paint"

"Bought my 2005 CRV in early 2007 and am just considering trading it in now. Handles like a champ in snow and sudden stopping. I've barely done more than add oil over the last 7-plus years. I'm now driving about 500 miles per week for work and I'm wanting to drop back to a smaller sedan with better gas mileage and more range. My CRV only has a 13 gal tank I believe, and still gets like 24 mpg,but that equates to 3 fills a week, where something else might only mean one. Cons - paint started going about a year ago and cabin noise might be more than you're used to. All in all this vehicle owes me nothing and I'm almost sad to get rid of her now."

Good Small Family Value

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"I use it as a work vehicle, constantly carrying parts, tools and equipment to maintain radio stations at 35,000 miles/year. Good points: It has held up well with a peppy 4-cyl using 5W-20 oil, implying tight tolerances. Comfort and features are spartan ... not lavish. It handles well with respectable 24mpg highway average. It still has the original brakes at 130K with more to go. Bad Points: The factory BF Goodrich tires are HORRIBLE with poor performance and wear-demand replacements or walk. This is NOT an off-road car; it will get easily stuck in the mildest of farm pasture conditions and clearnace is TOO LOW. The "Maintenance" light is ALWAYS on with my use ... oil changes every 3750 mi. The air conditioner blew at 20K (not normal for a Honda). Somehow, the gas tank vapor canister was damaged at the same point (no accident???); the part, alone, was $900!!!! I first refused, finally relented and it's still a problem; the fuel system loses pressure when the gas cap is removed, meaning hard starts with every fillup. The dealer has insulted my intelligence at every turn and one can forget any support from Honda. Service wise, I feel like a slave to the car. It is not a bad car, but at this stage, I have a choice ... spend $2000 on service or use that money as a down-payment for a replacement. Ya' know, I have always liked Nissans. In truth, other folks generally have a better experience than mine but Honda can forget about me because of its policies and dealer support."

Best Vehicle on my 2nd one

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I am on my 2nd CR-V. In 2002, when it was time to trade our conversion van, we still needed room for traveling with our children. The CR-V is perfect size.. The cargo area holds more than I would have EVER thought possible. I have even used the silly table that came with it on several occasions.In 2004, we decided to upgrade to the EX. Again we've had NO problems with it. It already has 94,000 miles on it and nothing has been replaced except tires. If I were to keep driving a SUV, I would most definitely purchase yet another CR-V"

Good Value

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Purchased my 2003 CR-V in August of 2003 with 14 miles for safety and dependability. During 3yr/30k warranty period, the rear differential needed repair. No cost. Vehicle came with digital compass on rear view mirror which is not a standard feature on the CRV. Needed repair twice within the first year. Malfunction light began displaying around 48,000 miles 3-1/2 yrs. A $100 test at dealership showed the Primary 02 sensor needed replacement. Even if the vehicle was under warranty, replacement is not covered. It is considered "maintenance". Cost parts and labor $560. Did not expect that to happen with a Honda while using only premium gasoline. The Drive Light bulb needed replacement after 50,000 miles. Cost for parts and labor $115. After that bulb was replaced, the backlight to the odometer went out 1 day later. Was going to be charged for additional labor, but got out of that. The leg room is perfect. Driver and front passenger seats are comfortable. The back seating is roomy but not comfortable. Feels durable and tough while driving. The cloth seats are durable. If vehicle is rear ended (at 10 miles /hr) by a smaller compact car, there will be damage to tailgate, the entire muffler system including the catalytic converter. Some repair shops will try to get away with not replacing the catalytic converter for insurance purposes. Replaced the Bridgestone Tires with Michelins at 53,000 miles. Made for much better drive. Original front breaks replaced at 39000 miles. Rear brakes are still good. Honda holds its value very well after it leaves the lot."

Overall Wonderful (car)

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Interior space and comfort, Driveable"

Cons: "4 Cyldr, Low undercarriage, Small wheels, low HP"

Painted black rims, Stock Silver, Grille guard added

"I get around 22 MPG Does not have a trailer hitch Wheels are small but yokohoma makes nice rugged geolanders for this size wheel Interior is comfortable and stays clean Great trunk space Love that the seats fold twice for extra trunk space OVERALL GREAT CAMPING VEHICLE"

Painted black rims, Stock Silver, Grille guard added

Very practical car

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Quality vehicle, has a very long life."

Cons: "Brand name parts cost more than off brand parts."

"I bought my CR-V new, just off the truck. I have traveled in the mountains, through the desert and in town. The handling is great, just like a car, not an SUV. The leather seats are easy to keep clean and the heated seats are AMAZING in the winter. I always kept up with scheduled maintenance at the dealership and I've had no problems. This vehicle keeps it value, it's a Honda. I'm very happy with this car."

A great car past 100k miles

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Small, comfortable, go anywhere car!"

Cons: "Horizontal swing back door"

"I bought this car a little over a year ago with 82k miles on it. Since then, I've taken it on several long road trips. My mechanic says it's still working like a champ at 108k miles. We both expect to hit 200k miles someday with no problem. I really love this car. It's small enough to navigate city traffic easily. You sit high enough that you don't feel intimidated by trucks. It seats four comfortably, five in a pinch. You can go anywhere with it - 4wd only? Yeah! The only thing I don't like about it is the horizontal swing back door. It gets in the way, and if you're parked on a slant, it tends to close on you. I would prefer a door that raises up instead."

Love my CR-V

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, handles well in snow"

Cons: "Engine is a little small."

"I bought my 2006 CR-V used in 2013 and I have to say it was one of the best purchases I've ever made. I bought the car with 100,000 miles and have since added almost 10,000. I love this car. It is such a relialbe vehichle and gets pretty good gas mileage for an SUV - consistently about 22 city and 26 Interstate. It handles beautifully in the snow, which I need living in Denver with a moderate commute. Seriously, it barely ever even slips in the snow. It has great storage abilities, since both back seats fold down. It came in handy having moved two times in the last year. I love all the cubbies in it as well. I also love my sunroof. I can't really say anything negative whatsoever about this car. I got rearended a few months ago pretty badly and the rear tire caught most of the damage. My vehicle barely needed any repairs and the guy that hit me totaled his vehicle (it completely crumpled his hood). This car is incredibly sturdy and I feel very safe riding in it, especially after than."

Great control in the snow, Gas mileage 24 mpg,

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Handles great in the snow. Stereo sounds great."

Cons: "Small arm rest."

"I've been buying Hondas since 1974. I found them to be very reliable. This veh. was 2 yrs. old when I purchased it in 2008. I like the color. It is the perfect size to handle all of my needs. Four people can ride in it comfortably. I've kept up with inspections every year. Usually just needs new brakes, rotors, tires, etc. I loved the ability to still play my cassettes that I had from that era. I found that I could haul 8' 2x4s. The sunroof, though I didn't use it much, was a great feature on this veh. It goes real good in the snow. Low maintenance."

Excellent car for a mom and an outdoorsman!

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"I love my Honda CR-V. I bought it used in 2009 with 87000 miles n it and now I'm getting close 190000 and every mile has been wonderful! My daughters and I are very outdoorsy people; driving off-road to find the perfect camping and hiking spots and this vehicle has been excellent! It's also very comfortable and convenient for daily commuting and city driving. It has so much cargo/kid room but still gets 27 miles per gallon! I love my CR-V!"

best Honda SUV ever!

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "very reliable, comfortable and easy to drive."

Cons: "None...I love my CRV"

my baby

"This is my second Honda, I will never buy anything else!!! We have driven to Orlando, Chicago, and Southern Illinois with great gas mileage, and comfort. Never a break down or noise. If you are looking for a great vacation drive with lots of fun for a SUV, you have to purchase this. I have owned this since 2010 and haven't regret a day since. My mother purchased a 2013 and loves the new model also. I drove it and I think there is no compare."

my baby

A VERY GOOD TRUCK!

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Awesome car and very fun to drive!"

Cons: "cup holders need to be moved"

"My husband and I have had our CRV since we leased it new just over 7 years ago. It has been a very good truck for us. We just now had our very fist major issue with it, and it is between 109,000 and 110,000 mileage, before the radiator went bad on it, and it over heated on us this past Sunday, which was the first time it had ever done that. I have owned both a Chevy and I VW and I can tell you that I didn't have either of them past a 100,000 miles, and I had allot of car issues with both the Chevy and VW. So I am very happy with my Honda, and I will continue to buy from Honda, because they provided us with a rental car while our truck was in the shop, and they have always been very good to us!"