2002 Honda CR-V

Based on 712 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Good little SUV for the 7 years that we owned it!

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive, great cargo space, very manuverable"

Cons: "transmission replacement and regular brake work"

"Other than having to replace the transmission at 150,000 (which was a bit of a surprize since we had Toyotas that went to 200,000 with transmissions still fine) this car is a great littte SUV. Gas mileage was wonderful for a car with this much cargo room, especially on the open road. There is a good amount of road noise with this car but that never really bothered me (bothered my hubby more). Heats up and cools down quickly, handles like a car and not at all like a big SUV. Has a lot of get up and go for a six-cylinder. We bought the car in 2008 when it was three years old and had over 70,000 miles on it and got our money's worth out of it PLUS some :-) We have had to have the brakes done regularly but live in the mountains and that is not unusual so could easily not be the car as much as the environment. We are trading up for a larger SUV for six grandkids but I will miss this car a lot."

Quality vehicle worth buying

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "good price"

"The short leg room and the brake pedal being to close to the gas pedal is my biggest complaint. I am over 6 ft. tall and I don't believe they care about the taller folks."

Best car I've ever owned. Most reliable by far

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

"Of all the cars I have owned, this is the one that has never broken down and is the most reliable. I live on a 1/2 mile dirt driveway and have never had a problem with it. It now has 185,000 miles on it and the only issue I have is the paint is peeling off. A pretty cheap paint job, the original. That and some road noise is my only complaint."

Best car value available

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, quiet, powerful, comfortable, safe"

Cons: "None-this is a great car from a great company"

"Best comfort, best drive drain, best torquey and quiet engine, best safety, most comfortable and completely reliable car we have ever owned. Love it. Get one."

I have owned and loved this car since 2006

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, low cost to own"

Cons: "Uncomfortable fit for larger males"

"I bought my 2006 Honda CRV EX brand new in May 2006. It currently has 104,000 miles on it. I changed my first brake light this past weekend. Meaning, this car has given me NO problems (knock on wood) since I purchased it. I do maintain it as required (for example: oil changes & tire rotations every few thousand miles, the required service at the correct intervals, tires and brakes as needed). This car has done everything I have ever asked of it: hauling bicycles, flat pack IKEA boxes, the dog, and the family; through hurricane weather and flooding, ice and snow storms...it has never complained once.It has taken me half way across the country comfortably, and it is also a breeze to zip in and around town into tight spaces. It is dependable, has peppy acceleration, shifts smoothly...I honestly can't say enough good things about this car. It doesn't hurt that my insurance rates are the lowest of any car in our household or any car I've ever owned, as well."