2002 Honda CR-V

Based on 751 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Best car ever

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "No problems in 9 years"

Cons: "Cant think of one"

"I bought this baby brand new in 2005. What a car. ZERO, and I mean ZERO problems with it mechanically in 9 years. This car has been so good to me. I highly recommend a Honda CRV to anyone who wants a roomy, reliable small SUV"

Disappointed

By on Saturday, March 07, 2009

"My CR-V is only 6 1/2 years old and has 58,200 miles on it. Just a few months ago I paid $500 to get the check engine sensor fixed. My air conditioner stopped working and I am being told it's going to cost $1600 to fix. The door alarm that alerts you that your lights are on or your key is still in the ignition is not working either and will cost another $425 to fix. Since I've had the car, I've had trouble with my locks. They key won't fit and I've had the driver's side and passenger side fixed. Fortunately the car was still under warranty, but now the back door won't open and I will have to pay to fix it. I have my car serviced regularly and can't understand why I'm having all these very expensive problems. Overall, I am very dissatisfied with the reliability of my CR-V and would hesitate to purchase another."

Third Honda Over 100K miles

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Over 100k miles, just replaced brakes for first time (highway driving); only major repairs were for Airbag Computer ($800) and antiskid computer ($800). Nice smaller SUV with an expected hard ride. Reliable, good working relationship with dealer (they seem to care). Will buy another (got close to 200k miles out of my '78 Accord (size of a Civic Hatchback in those days), and over 200K miles out of my '89 Civic Hatchback."

Top notch...never one warranty issue.

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Yeah"

"Have owned this Honda CRV for 9 yrs. No warranty issues.... just normal maintenance. Change the oil every 3,000 . All maintenance done at Honda dealership. Their pricing more than competes with Pep Boys, Salem Bros., Gruelich, etc. Just take it to Honda and get it done right."

Reliable as they come

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "traction, reliability, built to last"

Cons: "cabin noise, fading paint"

"Bought my 2005 CRV in early 2007 and am just considering trading it in now. Handles like a champ in snow and sudden stopping. I've barely done more than add oil over the last 7-plus years. I'm now driving about 500 miles per week for work and I'm wanting to drop back to a smaller sedan with better gas mileage and more range. My CRV only has a 13 gal tank I believe, and still gets like 24 mpg,but that equates to 3 fills a week, where something else might only mean one. Cons - paint started going about a year ago and cabin noise might be more than you're used to. All in all this vehicle owes me nothing and I'm almost sad to get rid of her now."