2002 Honda CR-V

Based on 711 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Excellent Honda

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"I purchased the CRV in early 2006 after buying a 2004 Jeep Liberty just 2 years before. I made the right choice! This vehicle is such a good value. I was unhappy with the liberty because of the bouncy feeling when driving and it had already begun to feel worn and creaky after only 2 years. The gas mileage was poor and the interior was cramped with nowhere near enough compartments. My CRV has surpassed all expectations. It is still the same as I drove it off the lot over a year and a half ago. No creaks or mechanical problems. It runs smooth and has more of a car feel than the jeep. The interior has held up very well and it has plenty of room for everything you might need with compartments everywhere! My husband just purchased a new Accord after having his Civic (which I had to force him to get rid of!) for over 125,000 miles and it still ran perfect! I love my Honda and I will never buy any other brand."

Excelent Car!!!

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"The only problem I have had with the car is the aire conditioning , it brokw and i had to replace the whole system, but since I did with the Honda service department now is again under warranty for 3 years or 36000 miles... Beside that this is the most reliable car I have ever had... and fun to drive too :-)"

A/C is a big problem

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"The CR-V looks like a good car but in the years 02 and 03 there is a really big and expensive design flaw: The A/C compressor. I have 106,000 miles on my car and it is on its 3rd compressor. The unit costs well over $1,000.00 installed and if other A/C parts are bad (they usually are) the A/C repair could cost you about $1,600.00 everytime it goes out. When the A/C is down, the pressure flutter from dirving with the windows open is so intense that your ears can't take it and you need to drive with the windows up. You can't drive this car without A/C so don't think you'll just go without. This is an exceptional failure for Honda and by 04 they had it solved. But if you buy an 02 CR-V, plan to spend at least $1,250.00 every 35,000 miles to repair the A/C. You'll hate the cost of repairing the 02 CR-V."

NOT SO IMPRESSED FOR A HONDA

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Horrible!! Air conditioner broke and not so good gas milage. I wasnt impressd wat so ever. Interior is bad. Seats uncomfortable. I wouldnt recommend this car to anyone. My CR-V is a 2004 with 58000 miles on. There is no room. My family is four and we are very uncomfortable. We were more impressed with the Accord. We are just switching finally to a Ford Expedition or a Chevy Tahoe even though the gas is expensive. Please dont get this vehicle. Brakes got worst every year not as tight. I will never get a Honda unless its a actual car like a Accord or Civic. Wouldnt recommend this vehicle to anyone."

honda is an excellent choice

By on Saturday, September 15, 2007

"I bought this vehicle in July of 2006. Previously owned an 1999 Odyssey. Wanted a more economical vehicle. Gets 22 mpg around town. Biggest mistake was not getting leather. Black velour is full of lint all the time. Drives beautifully. My older relatives are not that comfortable. They are used to more luxury. In reviewing the value. (not that I am going to sell it). If I sold it right now with my 16000 miles on it. I wouldn't loose any money and would have drove this vehicle for free for the 1+ year I've owned it. Great Value for your money. I paid 21,000 out the door for the '06 EX in Silver last July."