2001 Honda CR-V

Based on 498 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "visibility, mpg, easy fo entry"

Cons: "cup holders wrong sizes"

"I get 24.5 mpg in town and 27 highway currently. I had the windows after market tinted as not available in 1999. I used the picnic table twice. The hidden space is great for hiding a purse when hiking. I did put a locking lug on the spare as there was a rash of stolen spares(for the rims) in this area. Visibility is wonderful. With the windshield higher off the ground and with less slope than passenger cars, I get a lot less rain and snow on the glass. Around the car visibility is excellent. The blind spot is quite small. Getting in and out of the car is very easy with the seat higher than an accord--more like getting out of a chair. It made it possible to help my sick husband in and out. When I trade it in, eventually, it will probably be for another CRV."

I love This CAR! Want to give it to my grandson

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "fun car...always has been!!"

Cons: "not everybody takes such good care of a car."

"This car has been the go to car for my family. Somebody moves, hauling garden supplies, as santa's sleigh...'Speedy' does it all. He has a lot of dings and scratches. but I don't want a newer car. I love and depend on my "Sir Speedy". He can beat out vette's at stop lights and takes steep inclines like a champ. My grandson is 6'4" however and I need to replace the chair rails to go farther back. I trust this car with my grandson...that says a lot."

I love this car! It literally saved my life once.

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "very reliable, safe, good size,"

Cons: "not a lot of power"

"This is true. The emergency scene people said if I had been in just about any other car, I'd be dead. As it is, I wasn't even scratched. I'm a small woman, and this car fits me perfectly. It sits just a little above most traffic, but it's center of gravity is lower than many SUVs. I get about 20 mpg in the city, 26–32 (60mph and the number goes way up). When my first one gave its life for me, I bought another just like it."

Amazing Car

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Extremely reliable"

Cons: "not a lot of speed for fast mergings"

"I bought a bare bones CRV on the last day of the year in 2001. I have spent very little money on this car, it gets yearly maintenance checks and only now it has needed some work (exhaust pipe is rusted and parts of it need replacing) I have hauled furniture, plants, mulch, christmas trees in it, and it still looks good inspite of it never getting washed or vacuumed. It doesn't have much mileage for its age, it's been driven most locally and my mechanic says it's good for another 10 years. I love my CRV and talk to it and tell it what a good car she is!"

Bought used, it still served us well for 5 years.

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "great price, not too expensive to fuel up"

Cons: "road noise, window motors sticky and slow."

"This was a very capable and versatile car for our family. We have a very steep and rough driveway that it handled with no complaints. Needed a new clutch at 100K miles, but that was reasonable. We felt comfortable in the snow, hauling construction material and parallel parking in town. Our biggest complaint was the road noise. It's a noisy ride on the freeway."

Honda CRV 1999, been best vehicle I have owned.

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "1 of safest to drive, maintaince easy on wallet!"

Cons: "would like it in a Hybrid!"

"I bought my CRV in 1999. I really enjoyed it's roomy interior, and being lifted up a bit. It is 15 years old, and I was hoping to keep it for 20 to 25 because this car has pretty much been regular maintanance ONLY! I only had 118,000 miles on it...unfortunately, I was in a vehicle accident where my air bags deployed, which makes repairing it not worth it, as airbags are $2500 EACH (?) I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!! and regret this has happened...Honda made a great vehicle for that year and I knew when it came time to replace, I was going for another CRV! Also, the interior seats are still intact, not even faded, no tears! I highly recommend this model to others!"

Most dependable car you could own!!

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, compact, great in any weather"

Cons: "None!"

"I have had this car for over 7 years and it has been amazing on long drives and in serious weather conditions. It is amazing in the snow! What I love most is the size! Its compact and fits in the tiniest of spots which allows me to park anywhere! I would reccoment this car to anyone looking for dependability!"

14 yrs old, over 200K miles, best car ever

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, tight handling, solid car"

Cons: "Not enough pickup or power for such a large body"

"This car was 3 years old when I bought it and it's been the best, most reliable car I've owned. It has needed minimal maintenance other than the standard service, and has really only started breaking down in the past year or so. Even with its current problems, the engine still runs like a champ. The biggest downside to this car is the lack of power. It's a big body for 4 cylinders to have to lug around, and although the technology has improved a lot since 1999, this model just doesn't have much pickup. It's slow to accelerate, and on really hot summer days I would sometimes have to turn off the AC just to be able to maintain speed going uphill. I'm about to trade this car in for a newer version, but it's a 1999 with over 200K miles on it. I've gotten everything I could have ever wanted out of this car and then some."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage, fun and easy drive"

Cons: "seats don't fold completely down"

"I bought this car about 1 1/2 years ago now at 181,501miles. I do a lot of long distance driving and so the reliability of this car amazes me. I have had to replace things such as a rear motor mound, radiator, o2 sensor, trailor arm bushings, rear shocks, front brakes and my compressor. But even so with those repairs the car has been reliable through everything. And as long as you maintain it with what honda recommends it makes the car last longer. All in all I adore this car."

Love this car still, fun to drive

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"Love this car"

Wonderful car!

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cons: "The ONLY con is interior road sounds."

"I am at 309000 miles and wonder IF I should sell it all. Everything is perfect and all I do is regular dealer maintenance. No complaints with anything about the car or the Wenatachee dealer. If you see this car with less than 150,000 miles buy it - it will be good for at least that much more."

The best!!!!

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "So reliable!"

Cons: "They don't make this model anymore."

"This is the third Honda in my family and my second CR-V. I purchased it new in 2001. It has always been reliable, easy to drive and park, great gas mileage, no maintenance, and a never-stay-at-home-in-the-winter-car. The only problem: They don't make CR-V's like this anymore. If they did I would buy a new one. I absolutely love this vehicle!!"

best car except for my 1974 volkswagen beetle.

By on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pros: "everything good"

"best car ever. Trying to decide if I should spend $3500 to have car repainted?? want to go to 300,000 miles!"

Excelent "Mom" car

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

"I can fit 3 car seats in the back! That is hard to find on a budget. My CR-V has the capabilities of a small truck, with the maneuverability of my tiny Toyota Carola. The all wheel drive makes it so easy to drive out on the ranch. I love my CR-V!"

Great small SUV overall; just noisy at times

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Value, reliability, and design"

Cons: "Noisy at times"

"Reliable, practical, and well designed. Road and unibody related Noisy on rougher pavement or with the some tire choices; also might happen when reved up in passing or climbing hills. Runs well even when I pull my light weight, 14 foot sailboat/trailer."

comfortable, reliable and all around good car

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

"My girlfriend and I both have one CR-V's WE both love them. They are reliable and have a low cost to own. The gas mileage isn't as high as some of the newer model but it has a large tank with three reserve gallons of gas in the tank. Although it may not be the fastest or most powerful car it is great for almost any amount of people and there is tons of room, even though it is smaller than the newer versions. It also is very open and makes it easy to see almost all of the road. A very durable car as well."

Still great after 14 years

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Reliable"

"Our 1999 CRV-EX is wonderful. Except for tires and routine maintenance, the CR-V has been outstanding. Honda's craftsmanship is evident in the fact that there are so many '99s still on the road. In fact, we see many cars similar to ours (in the same color, red) very often."

LOVE IT !

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "so fun to drive, not top heavy, good mpg."

Cons: "burns oil."

"This is a wonderful car to own, LOVE IT ! I have twins and its a VERY reliable car !"

Best car I've ever had

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "No problems outside normal wear'n tear"

Cons: "No arm rest for the front seat passenger"

"This is the 2nd new car and 4th car overall that I have ever owned. It is by far the best of them all. When the timing belt broke (in year 8) it did not damage the engine. Only the timing belt had to be replaced. A/C worked perfectly until year 12. I have never had any problem with this vehicle except for normal wear and tear. My only complaint is that only the driver gets an armrest. In later models they added an arm rest for the front passenger."

Best Used Car I ever purchased... Very reliable

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

"Great Car, reliable and good gas mileage"

I love my Honda

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "seats not real comfortable on long trips"

"I LOVE my CR-V. It's just the right size, not too big, not too small. All my groceries fit in the back and I never have to bend over to load them. I always put good tires on and I NEVER get stuck in the snow. This is my third Honda and I'll get another CR-V next spring. I've had this one for 10 years. Both my girls own Honda's as well. I just won't give up my Honda."

I love my 1997 CRV!

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "price, features, reliability, great in snow"

Cons: "none I can think of."

"owned since new in 1997. Never had a problem. I have had only to replace usual stuff like tires, timing belt, radiator, oil pan. NEVER had a break down, never had any issues with interior features. I will drive it till it dies!!! which may be after I'm long dead..."

250,000 MILES AND COUNTING!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable, Lasts a long time"

Cons: "Seats get uncomfortable, sharp turns are tricky"

"I just had to come on here and write a review about this wonderful vehicle. I just hit 250,000 miles the other day, and I have no intentions of getting a new car anytime soon! It's still on the first engine, and while it's had a couple of other replacements (nothing major), it runs beautifully and has never failed me. I've taken this car on several multi-day road trips, and I plan to do so again in the next few months. With regular, basic maintenance, this car will last you as long as you want. When I do get a new car at some point in the future (I'm only 23 and am the third owner of this car, so while I do love it immensely, it stands to reason that I will buy another car one day when I actually have the funds to do so), I will definitely get another Honda. It will probably be another CR-V too, though I admit I'm not too familiar with how good the newer models are. If they're anything like the 90s models though, I'm sure they're wonderful."

My faithful steed

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "Manual Transmission, Bulletproof engine"

"I've owned this vehicle coming up on 16 years now, bought her new in late '96 with 5 miles on the clock, now over a half million miles! Mine is Dark Blue with a 5 speed manual transmission. I have never had so much as a hint of trouble with her, and have taken good care of her. I just recently replaced the clutch for the first time, valves adjusted every 30k miles and oil changed every 3,000 miles. Honestly this has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. She still starts right up and is eager to get me where I'm going. If I ever need another vehicle, Honda will be my first choice!"

Fine car but for the valve issue.

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Likeable ride and reliable for long time."

Cons: "Valve issue repair = half car's value."

"Purchased new in 2000. Commuter car first 6yrs. then kids' college car next 6. Great for all that and reliable. Driver side power window died 4 yrs ago. and Then, the biggie. Valves never adjusted and blown head. Four mechanics all agreed cheaper put in new engine than repair. $1200 for motor $800 for installation. Search Internet for CRV valve issues...plenty to read on that about internationally Honda recommended valve adjust evey 30,000 miles, but US models were to be at 100k. Should be fine, but that major hit and gun shy of it now. Replacement engine had 60,000 miles, so it coul happen to me again ?"