2001 Honda CR-V

Based on 486 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

has been a great car, never had a problem

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "very pro toward geting a new one"

Cons: "no cons, this is my second one...."

"always taken good care of it, never abused it as a female driver of course.. hate to get ride of it but time to move on to a new one.. I just can not believe how long this car has been so good ,, but good care has helped I am sure. it still runs like a top..Is gold in color alwheel drive 4door .hatch back.."

Can this be my last car, please?

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Great value, reliable"

"I bought a 2001 CRV used at a Honda dealer last spring with 103,000 miles on it. They didn't have maintenance records to show whether or not the timing belt had been changed, so they split the cost 50/50 with me plus gave me a new set of spark plugs. And when the window motor went out a month after I bought it, they offered to do the same. Great customer service! This little CRV is phenomenal. I love driving it. Feels like a pick-up truck. Holds a ton since the seats fold down. The interior still looks great except for wear and tear on the carpets. Has neat compartments, like the cooler/drop-down table in the cargo area. We're expecting baby #3 and I refuse to get rid of this vehicle and am absolutely determined to fit three car seats across. I'd rather drive this thing for another 10 years (with zero car payments for 9!) than trade "up" to a minivan. I bought a paint touch up stick to fix little rust spots here and there, which are only noticeable up close. I would consider investing in a paint job because I'm confident it will last another 100,000 miles. It needs a new battery as it has the original one now, which lasted 13 years. Amazing. I've bought wiper blades and new tires, and performed oil changes, and I'll keep doing so for as long as she lasts."

I love this car!!!

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

"I bought this car new five days before 9/11 happened. It has been very reliable. I've never had to worry about having a mechanical breakdown. I have loved it for the past 13 years!! The only negative comment is that it is quite noisy when driving on the highways. (It would also be nice if the seats were a little softer to sit on, but neither issue is a major problem.) In the 13 years since I bought it, I have only had to change the battery and have the brakes replaced one time and the automatic window on the driver's door had to be repaired about a year ago. I never have had to worry about it 'breaking down.' A great car at a great price!!"

Great Vehicle - But

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Ride, Space, Comfort, Milage, Style"

Cons: "Adjust the Valves..Adjust the Valves!"

"Honda has a great product (Generation 1 CRV) but did not inform the Buyers the need to adjust the valves on the the newer engine of the Gen I CRVs. Shame on Honda for not backing the product and causing Buyers much frustration and unneeded cost. Poor product backing = lost future sales. I found out the hard way. Took care of the issue. Love the Gen I, but have lost faith in Honda. Would not buy a new CRV due to Honda not taking care of this issue when noted. Still will keep and love the CRV I have but now have purchased a Toyota due to Honda support. The Gen I will give you great service if... you adjust the valves! Don't learn the hard way!"

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

"This car is still going strong, and has survived so many potholes, thanks Michigan. I got it as a hammy-down from my dad and it was a great first car."