2000 Honda CR-V

Based on 517 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

My best car

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "easy to drive, good fuel economy, reliable,"

Cons: "kinda slow, could use more leg room"

"Ive owned my 2001 honda cr-v since 2008, and I've never had any problems with it! I bought it with 82k miles for $9,100, and it has around 126k miles on it today. I have had to keep up with the maitanence, like oil changes and tires. I also replaced the timing belt around 100k miles, but other than that this car has needed nothing. I love this car, and plan to drive it until it "dies." My only complaint is that there could be a little more leg room for the driver.. I'm 5'10 and I would definitley move the seat back further if I could. But then again, this is a small SUV so it isn't a surprise. Great on gas for an older SUV (averages 22mpg), looks great and runs the same today as it did the day I bought it."

I love my 1997 CRV!

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "price, features, reliability, great in snow"

Cons: "none I can think of."

"owned since new in 1997. Never had a problem. I have had only to replace usual stuff like tires, timing belt, radiator, oil pan. NEVER had a break down, never had any issues with interior features. I will drive it till it dies!!! which may be after I'm long dead..."

250,000 MILES AND COUNTING!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable, Lasts a long time"

Cons: "Seats get uncomfortable, sharp turns are tricky"

"I just had to come on here and write a review about this wonderful vehicle. I just hit 250,000 miles the other day, and I have no intentions of getting a new car anytime soon! It's still on the first engine, and while it's had a couple of other replacements (nothing major), it runs beautifully and has never failed me. I've taken this car on several multi-day road trips, and I plan to do so again in the next few months. With regular, basic maintenance, this car will last you as long as you want. When I do get a new car at some point in the future (I'm only 23 and am the third owner of this car, so while I do love it immensely, it stands to reason that I will buy another car one day when I actually have the funds to do so), I will definitely get another Honda. It will probably be another CR-V too, though I admit I'm not too familiar with how good the newer models are. If they're anything like the 90s models though, I'm sure they're wonderful."

Awesome car

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable"

Cons: "not much room in back seat for grown passengers"

"We bought this vehicle new when before the birth of our second son. It will go anywhere. It goes great in snow. It is very reliable. I would not hesitate to travel across the country in it even with the number of miles it has. I will probably keep it forever. Routine maintenance is all I have ever had done to it. It is a little crowded now that my sons are bigger, but still doable."

Very good SUV very reliable

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Honda quality, good on gas for an suv."

Cons: "road noise, could use more power."

"Just like most hondas the quality is amazing, I especially like the 5-speed manual tranny. My CRV has just passed the 200000 mark and has not had a major problem yet. I guess the only complaint i have about this car is that the road noise is noticeably loud along with the high revs at highway speeds. But other than that I absolutely love my Honda!"