2000 Honda CR-V

Based on 512 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Excellent

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, excellent space"

Cons: "placement of tools to change spare"

"I LOVE this car. I have owned it since the summer of 2005, and if I had my choice would keep it for the rest of my life. I was the second owner. I have two kids and the space in the backseat has been great. I have had routine work on the car, and feared I was going to have to have valve work on it about 6 months ago. Just had to replace a coil. I would buy another Honda, most likely a CRV when it has to be replaced."

excellent SUV

By on Wednesday, June 09, 2010

"The only thing that could make this SUV better would be a V-6. My CR-V has been through really rough terrain and horrible weather conditions with me and has never failed to amaze me."

Exemplary stylish transportation

By on Tuesday, February 02, 2010

"Have the 5-speed manual and bought new in 2001. I love Hondas, have previously owned a '76 civic, an '80 civic, an '85 Accord (put 205K miles on). Typically get 22-25 mpg, (once got 27 mpg) whether city or highway, and I wish the upper end gearing gave better freeway mileage. Does amazing things for a four cylinder engine with a 4wd differential. Currently 78K miles and only a few annoying fixes including driver's window was sticking and needed repair, and main clutch reservoir leaked. Vehicle is a bit noisy at freeway speeds. My kids think the Alpine sound system is suboptimal but I find it OK and can blast good rock and roll. My wife finds the front seats stiff and has trouble with the lumbar portion, although I find the seats to be just fine. The ride is a bit stiff but smooth. I recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants affordable, reliable transportation. I put snow tires on for the winter as we get over 100 inches of snow yearly in West Michigan and this car does exceedingly well particularly with snow tires."

I love this car!!!

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

"I bought this car new five days before 9/11 happened. It has been very reliable. I've never had to worry about having a mechanical breakdown. I have loved it for the past 13 years!! The only negative comment is that it is quite noisy when driving on the highways. (It would also be nice if the seats were a little softer to sit on, but neither issue is a major problem.) In the 13 years since I bought it, I have only had to change the battery and have the brakes replaced one time and the automatic window on the driver's door had to be repaired about a year ago. I never have had to worry about it 'breaking down.' A great car at a great price!!"

Great small SUV overall; just noisy at times

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Value, reliability, and design"

Cons: "Noisy at times"

"Reliable, practical, and well designed. Road and unibody related Noisy on rougher pavement or with the some tire choices; also might happen when reved up in passing or climbing hills. Runs well even when I pull my light weight, 14 foot sailboat/trailer."