1998 Honda CR-V

Based on 512 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

Very good SUV very reliable

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Honda quality, good on gas for an suv."

Cons: "road noise, could use more power."

"Just like most hondas the quality is amazing, I especially like the 5-speed manual tranny. My CRV has just passed the 200000 mark and has not had a major problem yet. I guess the only complaint i have about this car is that the road noise is noticeably loud along with the high revs at highway speeds. But other than that I absolutely love my Honda!"

great little road suv

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Reason: totaled

"Was a very reliable car that took me all over the us. Seated 5 but was usually just carrying 2 adults and 2 car seats. The car lasted me 10 years with only having to replace fluids filters and tires. I would still be driving the car but I was rear ended by a PT Cruiser going 45 mph and slammed into the back of a pickup. The passenger area of the car held together but the back cargo area and engine compartment are totaled. All in all a great little vehicle that took good care of my family."

248,000

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Pros: "dependable beyound belief"

Cons: "Not as comfortable as other suv's"

"she passed away today at 248,000 miles. By far the best car i ever owned. I bought her new in 1997. She still had many original parts in place and working just fine. Dealer serviced and up to date.The timing belt tentioner let go and being an interfrence engine, it sent the valves a flying and blew the engine.I reccomend the changing of said tentioner next time and any time you do the timing belt."

Wonderful car!

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cons: "The ONLY con is interior road sounds."

"I am at 309000 miles and wonder IF I should sell it all. Everything is perfect and all I do is regular dealer maintenance. No complaints with anything about the car or the Wenatachee dealer. If you see this car with less than 150,000 miles buy it - it will be good for at least that much more."

Have owned for 12 years!

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, spacious, great in snow"

Cons: "Not one!"

"I purchased my 2001 CRV with only 3 miles, and have owned it for over 12 years now (179,000) miles and I still can't bear to think of selling it! I have not had one mechanical issue with my car in all these years. My husband has tried to get me to drive the new cars purchased over the years, but I stick with Old Red! We love the cargo space available with the seats down too. This is my fourth Honda; I've loved them all, but the CRV is hands down the best!"

Excellent

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, excellent space"

Cons: "placement of tools to change spare"

"I LOVE this car. I have owned it since the summer of 2005, and if I had my choice would keep it for the rest of my life. I was the second owner. I have two kids and the space in the backseat has been great. I have had routine work on the car, and feared I was going to have to have valve work on it about 6 months ago. Just had to replace a coil. I would buy another Honda, most likely a CRV when it has to be replaced."

excellent SUV

By on Wednesday, June 09, 2010

"The only thing that could make this SUV better would be a V-6. My CR-V has been through really rough terrain and horrible weather conditions with me and has never failed to amaze me."

Exemplary stylish transportation

By on Tuesday, February 02, 2010

"Have the 5-speed manual and bought new in 2001. I love Hondas, have previously owned a '76 civic, an '80 civic, an '85 Accord (put 205K miles on). Typically get 22-25 mpg, (once got 27 mpg) whether city or highway, and I wish the upper end gearing gave better freeway mileage. Does amazing things for a four cylinder engine with a 4wd differential. Currently 78K miles and only a few annoying fixes including driver's window was sticking and needed repair, and main clutch reservoir leaked. Vehicle is a bit noisy at freeway speeds. My kids think the Alpine sound system is suboptimal but I find it OK and can blast good rock and roll. My wife finds the front seats stiff and has trouble with the lumbar portion, although I find the seats to be just fine. The ride is a bit stiff but smooth. I recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants affordable, reliable transportation. I put snow tires on for the winter as we get over 100 inches of snow yearly in West Michigan and this car does exceedingly well particularly with snow tires."

I love this car!!!

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

"I bought this car new five days before 9/11 happened. It has been very reliable. I've never had to worry about having a mechanical breakdown. I have loved it for the past 13 years!! The only negative comment is that it is quite noisy when driving on the highways. (It would also be nice if the seats were a little softer to sit on, but neither issue is a major problem.) In the 13 years since I bought it, I have only had to change the battery and have the brakes replaced one time and the automatic window on the driver's door had to be repaired about a year ago. I never have had to worry about it 'breaking down.' A great car at a great price!!"

Great small SUV overall; just noisy at times

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Value, reliability, and design"

Cons: "Noisy at times"

"Reliable, practical, and well designed. Road and unibody related Noisy on rougher pavement or with the some tire choices; also might happen when reved up in passing or climbing hills. Runs well even when I pull my light weight, 14 foot sailboat/trailer."