1997 Honda CR-V

Based on 523 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

comfortable, reliable and all around good car

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

"My girlfriend and I both have one CR-V's WE both love them. They are reliable and have a low cost to own. The gas mileage isn't as high as some of the newer model but it has a large tank with three reserve gallons of gas in the tank. Although it may not be the fastest or most powerful car it is great for almost any amount of people and there is tons of room, even though it is smaller than the newer versions. It also is very open and makes it easy to see almost all of the road. A very durable car as well."

never a problem

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pros: "longevity"

"best car i ever owned and best car anyone i know owns. never had any problem with major systems. repairs are inexpensive."

Still moving

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"My CR-V has 241,000 miles on it and still running strong! Starts every time like it has from the begining and I do nothing to it other than oil changes and VERY basic maintenance. Paint finish is beautiful and the interior still looks new, even with 2 messy children!"

Hate to get rid of it

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"We purchased our 1999 CRV new. My husband drove it for 6 years and I would not let him trade it in. He had all of the service done by the dealer as Honda recommended and it drove too well and was in too great of shape to trade. I have been driving it for the past 2 years and would really love to have the new CRV but hate to get rid of this one. Most of the parts are still the original except we are on our 3rd set of tires. I recently had the brakes checked and the mechanic could not believe that they looked like they were almost new after 130,000 miles. Our only complaint on this vehicle is that the engine is underpowered for trips in the mountains or for passing on the freeway. Other than that, it is a great little SUV. I still average 25 to 27 miles per gallon. I would highly recommend the CRV to anyone. By the way, my husband is 6' 7" and it is very hard to find a car he will fit in with his long legs. This worked out well for him."

Road Warrior!

By on Thursday, June 23, 2016

Pros: "Cargo space, Holds value and maintenance-free"

Cons: "Lacks front passenger armrest, changing bulbs"

"I have had "Black Beauty" since 2001 and she has been the best purchase of my life! This car is built to last and can even hold a Washer and Dryer in the cargo space with the seat laid flat. If you can find one, I would hold on to it for the loooooong haul because they don't make cars like this anymore."