1997 Honda CR-V

Based on 522 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

great little road suv

By on Sunday, August 5, 2012

Reason: totaled

"Was a very reliable car that took me all over the us. Seated 5 but was usually just carrying 2 adults and 2 car seats. The car lasted me 10 years with only having to replace fluids filters and tires. I would still be driving the car but I was rear ended by a PT Cruiser going 45 mph and slammed into the back of a pickup. The passenger area of the car held together but the back cargo area and engine compartment are totaled. All in all a great little vehicle that took good care of my family."

248,000

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "dependable beyound belief"

Cons: "Not as comfortable as other suv's"

"she passed away today at 248,000 miles. By far the best car i ever owned. I bought her new in 1997. She still had many original parts in place and working just fine. Dealer serviced and up to date.The timing belt tentioner let go and being an interfrence engine, it sent the valves a flying and blew the engine.I reccomend the changing of said tentioner next time and any time you do the timing belt."

440,000 miles says it all....

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Will run forever"

Cons: "A bit of road noise (not major)"

"Bought the car new. Never had any major problems in 440K miles. Routine maintenance, a catalytic converter, and finally the timing belt are all it has ever needed. NEVER stranded me anywhere in all these years. I love that the seats fold FLAT, unlike my newer model. Great interior space. My newer model has more cargo space, but this one is more efficiently laid out, and easier to use. No lip at the back is a plus for loading. The larger access through the back is also nice; the newer one has a smaller portal in the back which interferes with loading. Why did they mess with a good thing? A little more road noise than some cars, so I didn't give a perfect 10, but it is by far the best car I have ever owned."

Wonderful car!

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cons: "The ONLY con is interior road sounds."

"I am at 309000 miles and wonder IF I should sell it all. Everything is perfect and all I do is regular dealer maintenance. No complaints with anything about the car or the Wenatachee dealer. If you see this car with less than 150,000 miles buy it - it will be good for at least that much more."

Have owned for 12 years!

By on Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, spacious, great in snow"

Cons: "Not one!"

"I purchased my 2001 CRV with only 3 miles, and have owned it for over 12 years now (179,000) miles and I still can't bear to think of selling it! I have not had one mechanical issue with my car in all these years. My husband has tried to get me to drive the new cars purchased over the years, but I stick with Old Red! We love the cargo space available with the seats down too. This is my fourth Honda; I've loved them all, but the CRV is hands down the best!"