2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,301 - $22,135.

Based on 232 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

It's a great car, no problems

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "The lowest model is packed"

Cons: "No cup holders in the back"

"I am astounded by the bad reviews i saw for this car on here. I bought this car in August and it's the best car our family has ever owned. I like changing the oil myself. This car is the easiest car to change the oil. The oil cover on the bottom comes off simply by just unscrewing four screws with a number 3 philips screwdriver."

Reliable and efficient

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, low maintence"

Cons: "sluggish"

"I've had the car for just over two years and overall, I love it. It's reliable, low-maintenance and boasts an MPG average of about 38. I plan on driving this for another 12 years until I can pass it along to my daughter for her 16th B-Day - I'm confident it will last. I'll probably replace it with another Civic. PROS - great gas mileage. Also, maintenance is fairly cheap. The nice part about this car is you only need to change the oil every 5-7K (you are told by the internal computer when to bring it in). CONS - Not a ton of power. I understand 140HP won't get you first in an Indy race, but come on, give me a car with a little kick! I'm often left in the dust at stoplights."

Great car for what it is; HOWEVER......

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Audio technology pkg, gas mileage, heated seats"

Cons: "See my review for full details"

"I purchased a new Civic EX-L in August 2013 after having driven a Mazda Tribute for 12 years. I admit to it being a huge change and adjustment. I have about 3,500 miles on it as of the date of this review. My main complaint is how it drives in wet/snowy conditions. It seems to have issues gripping the road (even with the "vehicle stability assist" always on). Even with just a dusting of snow on the road it spins it's tires when trying to move from a stopped position (no, I don't drive like Mario Andretti.) I have 30+ years experience driving in the snow and do not feel confident in this car's ability to navigate the roads during a midwest winter. For this reason alone I would not recommend this car to anyone who has to deal with significant winter weather conditions. PROS: Bluetooth with most smart phones, streams Pandora, gas mileage is decent, safety features are awesome, love love love the heated seats! Stereo has decent sound (no Bose sound here, but I find it's more than sufficient!), moon roof works great, and I like the extendable arm rest. The fold-down arm rest with cup holders in the back seat is a winner with my two kids. It's fun to drive when weather is decent and makes tight turns. CONS: 1) Annoying steering wheel - you can't put your hands at 3/6/9 o'clock positions because of design. I can never find a comfy position for my hands. 2.) Drives terrible in wet/snowy conditions. 3.) Rear window is nearly impossible to clean due to brake light in the way. the front windshield is so big you need gorilla arms to reach all of it. 4.) Instant Fuel Economy Gauge is useless, and I don't see the point of it. It should be replaced with a tachometer. 5.) No rear air vents. When there are four people in this car it's needed. 6.) The top 4-5 rows of lines in the rear window are the antenna, not rear defog. Those rows are needed for rear defog. Also rear defog should have it's own button separate from outside mirror heaters. 7.) Placement of seat-belt buckle is too far back on the seat. The belt does not rest across the center of my chest - actually straight across one breast, which is dangerous placement. I cannot get it adjusted any other way. The only solution is to move the buckle further forward. FTR, I'm about 5'4" and average weight. 8.) No power seats. With all the other niceties in this model, why the lack of power driver seat?"

Worst car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Cons: "Excessive heat from dash vents, must always run AC"

"I have driven nothing but Civics for 12 years. I have bought 5 new Civics. I recently bought a new one and found it is a LEMON. I took it back to the dealer 4 times and the dealer tried several fixes, none of which helped. When I threatened to file a lemon buy back law suit, American Honda stepped in and said the problem with my car occurs in ALL civics.(so beware). I will never by another Honda. What's the problem? The air coming out of the dash vents is heated +40 degrees by the engine. When it is 70 degrees outside and I turn the vent on (with the thermostat all the way to cool) the air is 110 degrees coming out of the vent. Honda's answers to me: Just turn the ac on. (which lowers my gas mileage by 15%). The dealer tested other Civics on their lot and told me they all do the exact same thing. I had a loaner civic one of the times mine was in the shop, and it too heated 40 degrees. Ironic that since all of the fleet is defective, they do not consider it a lemon. My theory is that with the big extended windshield, the air intake is right above the middle of the engine, and the air entering below the windshield is heated by the engine to unbearable hot temperatures. I asked a salesman to check if the new model does the same thing. No surprise, I never heard back from the Honda Dealer salesman. BTW, I bought a new Altima. Much better car than the Honda Civic or Accord. Great comfort, especially the seats. My gas mileage exceeds my Civic."

Fantastic ride for this price range!

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to drive, great price"

Cons: "Criminals love to steal this car."

"This is a great car for this price range. I own the Honda Civic Si with summer tires. This car makes you just want to drive. It's fun and a great daily driver. This car has so many features that only more expensive cars have. This car has a six-speed close ratio manual transmission, a sport-tuned suspension, 17" wheels with performance tires, fantastic dash and all of the technology, a powerful 201 HP engine, and limited-slip differential found only on more expensive sports cars, and sound deadening for a nice quiet ride. You cannot beat this car for all of its feature at this price point. Honda has the best resale value around and great reliability. This is one great machine for this price!"