2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,225 - $22,001.

Based on 219 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great Interior/Exterior, call it the baby limbo

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Good sound quality, great ext/interior appearance"

Cons: "Too much road vibration and wind noise inside"

It really wanted to fly, so I gave it wings

"Sitting inside a 2012 civic ex coup for the first time was like sitting inside a cockpit of an airplane. Mainly because of the dashboard has so many buttons to play with, and from the center of the dashboard it is tilted forward and is facing more towards the driver side, making the interior unlike any other car in the same price range. I love my from inside and out, but what bothers me the most when I am driving my car is that there is too much road vibration and wind noise inside the civc, when reaching speeds of fifty miles or above. For such reason, it makes commuting uncomfortable. With the powerful 360 watt speakers equipped in the car will make driving enjoyable, additional subwoofers need to be added to give the car an incredible sound quality. With such amazing sound quality you will be shocked and potentially space out. The coup appears amazing from the exterior with the limo tinted windows, but the coup does not give the flexibility for the passengers to access the back seat easily. Want more horsepower for racing, then this is not the car for you. With 145 hp, I never felt it was didn't had enough horsepower."

It really wanted to fly, so I gave it wings

Reliable. Limited space, especially in back seat.

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Roomy trunk and front seats."

Cons: "Limited space in the backseat."

"I like this car overall, but it just doesn't have the space that I need as a mom. I have a 4 month old and obviously she rides in the backseat in her carseat but its just a huge pain to get the carseat in and out of the backseat. The roof is so low in the back and the seats sit so high that its really crammed back there for anyone. The trunk has a lot of space and the front seats are pretty spacious. But for me, I'm wishing I would have purchased an Accord instead. If you don't have more than one other person in the car with you most of the time then this car should be perfect for you."

Great sporty vehicle

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "CVT, comfortable, controls, fuel economy, styling"

"great gas mileage. CVT transmission is smooth in ratios and controls for the LX Base model a plus. Civic handles great it came with rear backup camera, blue tooth, love everything in digital blue as got a wide dashboard on a roomier interior. The Honda seems more luxury with styling with bigger lights and eco mode is also best on giving me adequate ride having a better ride while in use. Love the cloth bucket seats they are so comfortably this car is just the best size for me I'm a taller person 6'2'' and (184lbs) being a smaller car its plenty of spacious. Pandora capability and all the electronics are well quality built on Civic love my car being best for a base model."

good but not great

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Honda engineering still at top of game"

Cons: "need to make the car quieter"

"I bought this car new for a long commute and comfortable seats. During the first 20,000 miles I kept accurate records for miles driven and gas consumed and averaged about 39 miles per gallon overall which was very impressive. Then the mileage started to drop to around 37 when I drove straight highway and around 29 in town. Now, at 43K it is getting 30 on the highway and 25 in town... there is no check engine light on but I am going to take it to the shop and have them do a diagnostic. I really have only a few issues with the car, otherwise it is a typically great Civic. I don't like the feel of the electric power steering and it has a lot road and wind noise. I recently went to the 2014 auto show in Portland and sat in every small car out there and nothing has the quality interior of a civic in my opinion. Our last civic, a 1991, was super reliable and this one is the same, except for the mileage issue which I hope is fixable."

Freeway Driver would love this

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Gas saving for freeway, Backup camera"

Cons: "Not for snowboard"

"Starting to own this Civic on 1/10/13 in Monrovia for $20500. With travel from OC area to LA with mostly traffic @35mpg improve to @39mpg when I change work that can have all freeway miles against traffic. It is not a car that 6 feet person will feel comfortable in. For people about 5 feet, it is uncomfortable for their length to step on the gas while sitting tall enough to see the traffic. Fun part with this car is the backup camera. You not only can turn it on with reverse shift, but you can hold the "source"+"menu" button to activate the "secret menu". It allows you to turn on the backup camera while driving forward. Disappointed while I expect the back seat can fold one seat down to put two snowboard, but the space in the gap is not enough for it to fit in. It requires two seat side down for the board to fit."