2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,295 - $22,049.

Based on 215 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Better than my 2012!

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Cost less than my 2012!"

Cons: "Build quality & rear brake noise issues."

"BIG improvement from my 2012 Civic. Build quality still needs improving (plant issues?), rear brakes still clunk when reversing (Honda trait on Accords too), but overall I am happy with the redesign. Replaced the OEM tires with a different brand & have better ride/handling & warranty now. Interior materials look much improved also. This is my 9th Civic."

Love this car.

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

"I bought this car out of state and drove it home to Ohio , a 400 mile trip. Th e car peformed well and I did not experience any road noise. Average 42.6 mpg and that was through a number of towns where the speed limit flucuatedn between 45 and 55. Fun to drive and a great experience so far."

Solid, reliable, and very efficient

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "Mpg, price, easy around town to park and drive"

Cons: "Noisy cabin on highway with road noise"

"Owned it for 2 years now and it has been flawless averaging 38.8 mpg. Not the quietest ride but for the mpg and price...can't do better"

Great car with excellent gas milage

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage , seat comfort, reliability"

Cons: "Rear and side view vision"

"EX-L sedan. Have owned car for 4 months with 6500 miles. Get 42 mpg highway and 38 mpg rural. I have owned 2 previous civics which have been completely trouble free. I like style both inside and outside with exception of hard plastic dash. The heated leather seats are very comfortable and I have a bad back. The wind noise and handing are fine for me. Overall a great car that I got at a great price of less then $20,000."

Very pleased, have owned for about 9 months

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, comfort and value."

Cons: "Not as comfortable as my previous Accords."

"Have had the 2013 Civic EX-L for about 9 months and 17,000 miles and have been very pleased. After 3 consecutive Accord EX-L's (2003, 2006, & 2010-all passed along to my children) I wanted to try something smaller with a little better fuel economy. Last summer I averaged 35-36 mpg in mixed city/highway driving, a little lower this very cold winter. Best mileage was last fall on long driving trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons where we averaged 40-41 mpg and had one tankful where we got 45. Very comfortable small car although I do miss the comfort of the larger Accord on long highway drives. Much quieter and more comfortable than the 2005 Civic we bought for my daughter when she was in high school."

owned 2012 fit this is much better value

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "great price;gas milage;ride"

Cons: "no rear cup holders"

"this car for money is twice the car of our 2012 fit and gets better gas milage"

Love my baby

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, fun to drive, sporty, fast, smoothe"

Cons: "None yet"

"This is my first car buying on my own. I drove my dads 98 Acura tl for roughly 5 years. It recently fell into a lot of mechanical issues so I figured it's time for a new car and something RELIABLE, Safe, and FAST ;)! I'd been in the market for awhile and always wanted a Honda Civic. Well..let me just tell you, I am in love!! It is a very comfortable car that fits the driver. It has great speed pickup! The couple gives for a great sexy sporty look ! *One thing I will note and advise is to watch out for your blind spots. I know a couple of other people have mentioned this because its TRUE!"

It's a great car, no problems

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "The lowest model is packed"

Cons: "No cup holders in the back"

"I am astounded by the bad reviews i saw for this car on here. I bought this car in August and it's the best car our family has ever owned. I like changing the oil myself. This car is the easiest car to change the oil. The oil cover on the bottom comes off simply by just unscrewing four screws with a number 3 philips screwdriver."

Plenty of satisfying features for the economy car

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "MPG!, comfortable, smooth drive, new features"

Cons: "highway drive, side mirrors, slower acceleration"

"I recently had a car that was loaded for an 05 model and was not completely ready to get rid of it but under certain circumstances I was looking for a car with more advantages for the future. As soon I sat down in the 2013 Honda Civic I was immediately relieved and satisfied. The interior was comfortable and stylish for a more basic car. The feel of the car was actually quite satisfying going from a V6 to a 2.0 4-cyl. motor. The steering wheel was fluid and the gas and break pedals were not too soft or too hard. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the dash being so far back and with digital reading for speed and gas, but I'm liking it better. I really enjoy the features it includes like the back up camera, econ button, and blue tooth. The side rear view mirrors don't help at all and the wind shield wipers don't do their job well. The ride could be a little less bumpy, and when I drive on the interstate or highway I feel like I'm about to blow away because its harder to control. I'm still not satisfied with the slow acceleration but I guess that's to be expected. Other than that I am overall satisfied in a more basic car that's not loaded because Honda did a great job in offering plenty to make up for it!"

Efficient, Reliable, just awesome!

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "great price, great mpg, convenient"

"Love this car, I stay loyal to Honda. Very efficient and economical. with almost 34mpg and a great stereo system, turn on some music and go for a ride! Oh, and the legroom is great, I am 5' 11' and fit comfortably. Test drive or buy one today! Your wallet will love you"

Great car at a great price

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Great price and plenty of room"

"First "small" car ever. I actually bought this car for it's gas mileage. But the fact that I'm 6'3"/270lbs and can get in this car WITH my cowboy hat on is a testament to this automobile. There are some trucks that I can't do that in. I love this car and I drive it about 100 miles every day to work and back. I will buy another if and when I wear this one out. Thanks Honda."

Loving my Civic!!

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "Bluetooth, Navigation, fun to drive, great on gas"

Cons: "no tinted windows, gets hot in the backseat area"

"I just bought my Civic Si about a month or two ago and I love it!! It is so fun and easy to drive. I have the standard trans and I wouldn't trade it for the world. The seats are great on my back so far and very comfortable from all seats in the car. I also like the black interior. The Navigation is wonderful since I seem to get lost alot, LOL. The bluetooth is phenomenol! I feel very safe with with this car. I also love the fact that it only took me $40 to fill it up!!!"

love my car!

By on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, good reactions from others"

Cons: "flimsy plastic in interior"

"I've had my new civic for a little over a year and I still love it as much as the day I bought it! So fun to drive especially at night. The interior design is great- although a little flimsy on dash and side doors, the plastic could be stronger. Great gas milage on the highway...although not the greatest for cities/towns. If you are not driving it on the highway often, gas milage can range from 19-28mpg in the city. As soon as you drive on the highway the mpg will boost right up to be between 28-40mpg. Overall it is an wonderful car and I don't have any complaints."

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Nice looking, more power"

Cons: "a lot of plastic"

"I previously owned a 2011 white 4dr LX civic with 19k miles for a 2012 red 2dr. I love the car so much more. The changes that have been done to the car. The seats are much more comfortable. The interior is much better! The exterior is much prettier too."

my first car

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive. Great gas milage."

Cons: "The radio isnt that great."

"for it being my first NEW car it is a pretty good one at that. gas milage is really good i think averaging at 40 mpg. im on a leasing program i will most likey keep this car for the 3 yrs and trade it off for another honda. honda seems to be a good company to deal with."

Great car to zip around town and highway.

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, not a great price comparable to othe"

Cons: "interior lights up like spaceage, but lacks in qua"

"Car gets fantastic gas mileage. Not happy how the speed fluctuates using cruise control. You have to turn off energy saver in order to keep speed setting you want. No real carpet in the car, no XM satellite, no power seats. Many new cars out have all n more of above accessories at less than I paid for my 2012 Honda Civic. This is my 4th Honda n I do enjoy it but miss my Accord luxury, but not the price."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage."

Cons: "Small inside the car. Not a lot of leg room."

"I have gotten 50+ MPG in this car depending on my speed. On one trip from the Antelope Valley to Summerland CA, I got 58 MPG. I have ECON and do best when that is on."

Okay, but 2013+ is ALOT better

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Great gas millage, okay to drive, reliable, cheap"

Cons: "Design is meh, cheap interior"

"I got this car after I got in a accident with my 2005 Honda Civic. Sadly, since I was only a high school student I couldn't afford to take on the whole price and my mother helped me out paying most of it. She choose white with a beige interior which I HATE..But it was alot faster than my 05 civic and was more gas efficient with that awesome econ button. All in all, if you need a reliable newish car and you cant go all the way for the $20,000 new 2013 civic, the 2012 civic will still do wonders."

I love my 2013 Honda Civic Hybrid!!!!

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Definitely fun to drive, great on gas mileage, too"

Cons: "wipers that work like they should be on a Lumina."

"This car has more pep than my 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid did and the Auto stop light turns off the gas even better than my 2005 HCH did. I loved that car, so when I bought this one in March, I knew what to expect and didn't even need a test drive. My mpgs are averaging over 40 mpg. I am very happy with the way the car rides and with the comfort of having leather seats and the climate control! I have even sometimes gotten more than the rated mpgs! It is rated for 44/44 mpg. This is the first car I have ever had that has been accurate about rated mpgs! The car is sharp looking and it just begs to go places! I got the Green Opal color, which seems to be the one in all of the video ads. It is usually a blue/green, but can vary to silver, or just blue or just green. This car was a serious upgrade to me, as they have a lot of safety features and it is loaded with technology. That is why after almost 8 years of driving the 2005, I sold it and moved up to this car. After 3 months, I love it just as much as when I bought it. I am sure I will feel this way for a long time! Oh, another great feature is the ability to pair my Smartphone with the car! This is possible because I bought the Navi and the calls go through there. All I have to do to take a client call is to press a button on the steering wheel. That has been very helpful for me!"

2012 Civic

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "very reliable, awesome on gas,"

Cons: "gutlass, pricey,"

"Great on gas and very reliable, if your used to a v6 or above it has a lot less power. Pretty gutlas and pricey. Overall I have not had one problem with it at all."

I love this car.

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "MPG, audio, comfort, design"

Cons: "a few blindspots, road noise, nothing else so far"

"Once I saw the new 2012 honda civic, I had to have it. It caught my eye right away. Half a year later I bought it and it rides amazingly. Excellent comfort to driving to audio. There is nothing about this car I dislike. I absolutely love it."

Love it got the ex-l

By on Wednesday, June 06, 2012

"My second brand new honda civic love it.. I personally myselfI will not invest in another automobile that it is not Honda ... Love itttt... Amazing cars..."

Great CaR

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"I like it very much.It is the second Civic"

Great vehicle and great economic savings!

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Great price and great fuel economy"

Cons: "no rear seat cup holders"

"This is the fourth Honda and my second Civic (last was a 2009 sedan). Honda did an excellent job restyling and making this vehicle much more appealing, while not losing the historic value and advantages of the Civic. The fuel economy is amazing and I have been getting on average 30mpg in city. The only down fall I have is the decreased 4 cylinder power (to be expected and can't be fixed), and the lack of rear seat cup holders, otherwise GOOD WORK HONDA! Also, thank you Honda for improving the "ECO" fuel economy engine feature. The engine shuttering is NOT missed..."

absolutely best in the field today

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "most for your money, gas mileage, info system"

Cons: "prefer red and blue color for temp"

"look no further. this is the best car in the field. i did not give a 10 on interior/exterior only because i like the look of passat or impreza, but Honda has done a tremendous job on reducing the road noise. i would like to see in the future a way to lock the glove compartment box & move over the opening handle closer to the driver, add extensions on the sun visors and use a sliding movement instead of a flip up. the latch to open the trunk is better than the competition, the easy to read Information System is supreme to all other models I have looked at, but i would like to see honda putting the ac vents in the center so it wouldn't blow on my driver hand so much & I have to toggle to find the right direction, would go back to a Red knob for hot & a Blue knob for cold - do not care for a number, but otherwise, absolutely the best out there, better than the rest in this class. Oh, the lighted ignition key hole is a tremendous plus. I will have to see if the push start button on the 14 model will light up (?). cars could do away with the handle above the driver's side. I will never use that handle and the makers would save thousands in cost to do away with that handle. ? I cannot hang anything on it, & I certainly will never be driving that dangerous or foolish to use it. Gas mileage is a great savings."