2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,690 - $22,643.

Based on 183 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Great car

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "sleek design, great fuel economy"

Cons: "no horsepower, few add-ons"

"I have the EX-L. I am disappointed in the manual seat adjustments and lack of dual-climate control. It seems like an EX-L would have more options than they do. When I compare it to my husbands Ford Fusion, it lacks in extras. However, the fuel economy of the Civic is phenomenal, but it also has very little pick-up and go. Its a great car, I just wished it had more "things" going on in the interior."

I had no idea a small car could be so good.

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, steering, interior room, smooth"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I have been a Cadillac driver for years. The Civic steers better, corners better and brakes better. Road noise is higher than the Caddy, but that is expected. I just love this car and do not plan to purchase a luxury car again. I think I am hooked on this Civic."

Not the product Honda is known for

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Good price, great standard features"

Cons: "Shoddy quality interior materials, uncomfortable"

"I wish that I had researched consumer reviews before purchasing my 2012 Civic because in hindsight, many of the reviews that I have since read relay issues that I have faced since purchasing this vehicle. My biggest complaint from the beginning (and it is my own fault for not putting more emphasis on this during my car search)has been the sub-par quality of the interior materials in the car. The floor carpet and seating is a cheap material. I have since observed better quality in both a Kia model and a Hyundai model. The best feature of the Civic is undoubtedly the technology: the standard blue tooth access and ease of use of the technological features. The cons outnumber the pros for me though. Two years into ownership, I have had to replace the battery. After reading other reviews, it seems that the battery issue is a common problem with other owners of this model, although the dealership doesn't acknowledge a manufacturer's problem. The driving and front passenger seating is uncomfortable. The exterior paint started chipping at 12,00 miles. Many of these issues are probably to be expected from this price-point; but I expected Honda to be step above other manufacturers of economic sedans. Overall, I sadly say this will be my last Honda; and I will not recommend the Civic (the 2nd one I've owned) to others."

Solid, reliable, and very efficient

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "Mpg, price, easy around town to park and drive"

Cons: "Noisy cabin on highway with road noise"

"Owned it for 2 years now and it has been flawless averaging 38.8 mpg. Not the quietest ride but for the mpg and price...can't do better"

Better than my 2012!

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Cost less than my 2012!"

Cons: "Build quality & rear brake noise issues."

"BIG improvement from my 2012 Civic. Build quality still needs improving (plant issues?), rear brakes still clunk when reversing (Honda trait on Accords too), but overall I am happy with the redesign. Replaced the OEM tires with a different brand & have better ride/handling & warranty now. Interior materials look much improved also. This is my 9th Civic."

Great Interior/Exterior, call it the baby limbo

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Good sound quality, great ext/interior appearance"

Cons: "Too much road vibration and wind noise inside"

It really wanted to fly, so I gave it wings

"Sitting inside a 2012 civic ex coup for the first time was like sitting inside a cockpit of an airplane. Mainly because of the dashboard has so many buttons to play with, and from the center of the dashboard it is tilted forward and is facing more towards the driver side, making the interior unlike any other car in the same price range. I love my from inside and out, but what bothers me the most when I am driving my car is that there is too much road vibration and wind noise inside the civc, when reaching speeds of fifty miles or above. For such reason, it makes commuting uncomfortable. With the powerful 360 watt speakers equipped in the car will make driving enjoyable, additional subwoofers need to be added to give the car an incredible sound quality. With such amazing sound quality you will be shocked and potentially space out. The coup appears amazing from the exterior with the limo tinted windows, but the coup does not give the flexibility for the passengers to access the back seat easily. Want more horsepower for racing, then this is not the car for you. With 145 hp, I never felt it was didn't had enough horsepower."

It really wanted to fly, so I gave it wings

Great thing that I waited!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, suspension. Quite road noise."

Cons: "Lack of cup holders in rear seats, no 60/40 seats"

"I was in the market to buy a Civic since summer 2012, but I just did not like the 2012 civics. They had cheap interior, loud road noise, and the suspension was not great. I waited for the 2013 models to arrive, and do not regret it! The interior is much superior compared to the 2012. I bought a Civic LX which comes standard with great security features such as back up camera, and bluetooth. Overall the car looks better, the redesigned is much more superior to that of the 2012. I bought it on December 11, 2012. 19,500 OTD with protection package, and security alarm.. Overall the car is amazing I drive 120 miles roundtrip on days I have school so this car gets me great gas mileage! Love it! Also if you plan to buy it and have a Costco membership, definitely recommend to utilize it. Also there is programs like the AMEX, or True car. I used my costco membership. Overall content with my purchase."

Love this car.

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

"I bought this car out of state and drove it home to Ohio , a 400 mile trip. Th e car peformed well and I did not experience any road noise. Average 42.6 mpg and that was through a number of towns where the speed limit flucuatedn between 45 and 55. Fun to drive and a great experience so far."

Great car with excellent gas milage

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage , seat comfort, reliability"

Cons: "Rear and side view vision"

"EX-L sedan. Have owned car for 4 months with 6500 miles. Get 42 mpg highway and 38 mpg rural. I have owned 2 previous civics which have been completely trouble free. I like style both inside and outside with exception of hard plastic dash. The heated leather seats are very comfortable and I have a bad back. The wind noise and handing are fine for me. Overall a great car that I got at a great price of less then $20,000."

Very pleased, have owned for about 9 months

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, comfort and value."

Cons: "Not as comfortable as my previous Accords."

"Have had the 2013 Civic EX-L for about 9 months and 17,000 miles and have been very pleased. After 3 consecutive Accord EX-L's (2003, 2006, & 2010-all passed along to my children) I wanted to try something smaller with a little better fuel economy. Last summer I averaged 35-36 mpg in mixed city/highway driving, a little lower this very cold winter. Best mileage was last fall on long driving trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons where we averaged 40-41 mpg and had one tankful where we got 45. Very comfortable small car although I do miss the comfort of the larger Accord on long highway drives. Much quieter and more comfortable than the 2005 Civic we bought for my daughter when she was in high school."