2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,477 - $22,082.

Based on 208 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Nice riding car. Great mileage. Great car

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, great handling"

Cons: "back seats don't fold flat"

"Recent trip with 3 people, dog, luggage, fully loaded car. Round trip 950 miles with 40.1 mpg. Can't beat that! Handled well on highway and country roads, as well as in traffic. Terrific car!"

Awesome car. Highly recommended *****

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Good Price"

Cons: "Don't like the side view but is ok for me."

"After a while looking around and trying some competitors I decided on the 2015 Civic LX. I had a limited budget and getting the Civic was the perfect decision(had a good deal). Have to say I was impressed with the LX model cause it comes with more features than I thought. The screens are beautiful, completely eletronic. Love the experience behind the wheel. I also love the sport mode. Over 80mph you push the pedal and feel the difference, it's awesome!!! The seats in the back are so spacious (tried some other compacts and couldn't be comfortable in the back). It's such an amazing car. I'm happy, my family is happy, and my pocket is also happy because of the gas. I ihink the Civic is a complete car. I think it has everything a compact vehicle needs to have."

Reliable. Limited space, especially in back seat.

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Roomy trunk and front seats."

Cons: "Limited space in the backseat."

"I like this car overall, but it just doesn't have the space that I need as a mom. I have a 4 month old and obviously she rides in the backseat in her carseat but its just a huge pain to get the carseat in and out of the backseat. The roof is so low in the back and the seats sit so high that its really crammed back there for anyone. The trunk has a lot of space and the front seats are pretty spacious. But for me, I'm wishing I would have purchased an Accord instead. If you don't have more than one other person in the car with you most of the time then this car should be perfect for you."

Replaced my BMW 3 Series

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Efficient, high tech, luxurious & retains value."

Cons: "Not as powerful as the BMW it replaced"

Modern Steel w/ gray leather.

"I was getting tired of high repair costs on my well worn but loved BMW 3 series. I leased a new Civic Sedan, EXL w/ Nav. for about half the lease of a well equipped new 3 series. The quality on the Civic is excellent. I'm averaging 29 MPG in all city driving, and I can use regular gas instead of premium. Best of all, with the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, I don't anticipate spending much on maintenance for the duration of the lease. Last year, maintenance on my fully owned BMW was higher than a year of lease payments on the new Civic. I also won't get hit with the higher depreciation of a new 3 series over a 3 year term. No problems so far after 3 months of ownership. I really love all of the high tech features of the EXL, and the navigation has come in handy too. Though it isn't as powerful and the handling is not quite as crisp as the BMW, it is still nimble and surprisingly peppy for a 4 cylinder. It has comparable rear passenger legroom. I was also favorably impressed with the CVT."

Modern Steel w/ gray leather.

Great uphill power for a 3-cylinder hybrid.

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "Zippier than it looks; great on gas."

Cons: "100% computerized; always needs a service warranty"

"Good maneuverability and control; don't like that it needs to go to the garage when there is tire damage. Reliable and great gas mileage. Sorry I can't use the carpool lane however."

Great great value

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "comfy to drive & has all the features you need"

Cons: "LX needs to come with alloy wheels"

"2014 Civic Coupe LX CVT Overall best value out there. Some manufacturers will try to lure you in with overly fancy equipment but the Civic provides you with exactly what you need. Incredibly high quality design with the standard features that you want/need rather than what you want/don't need. Mileage has been as advertised, but not sure if the "eco" button really makes a noticeable difference in mileage compared to the lowered engine performance when the eco mode is turned on. Drove from Florida to S Carolina and the drive was comfortable and incredibly easy. Only complaint I have is that in the coupe, I wish the driver's side seat had a memory function so when a rear passenger entered/exited on the driver's side, the seat would return back to where the driver last had it instead of having to readjust every time it's moved. The split-dash is a little quirky at first but it's amazing how convenient it is when you go back to driving a car with traditional gauges. The speedometer read-out is right where you need it to be to minimize distractions. Bluetooth works flawlessly. I have the Dyno Blue color and 100% of people who've commented on the car can't believe how sexy/good it looks. Honda really did a great job in the design of the car overall."

Would buy again

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "just great"

"for sure would buy again, Traded a 2014 Altima for this after owning the Altima for weeks and have been happy every day since I got the new Honda. Would for sure suggest this car if the size works."

My third Civic, not my last.

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "great fuel economy, nice looking, great A/C"

Cons: "ugly upholstery, missing some "extras""

"I love Hondas. This is my third Civic, and they have all been great cars for me. My first was a 1998 HX, purchased new, then I bought a used 2001 EX, and now this 2012. I love the car very much. Negatives: the steering is not nearly as tight as it was in my 2001 Civic. There is quite a bit of play in it. The stereo controls on the steering wheel are not conveniently placed. They are on the front of the wheel, so you have to take your hand off the wheel- exactly what they are designed to avoid. I have heard a lot of complaints about road noise and cheap looking interior plastic, but I have no complaints about either. I don't like the look of the upholstery much, though. It is missing some little extras I feel it should include, such as a cover for the cup holder in the front and a holder for sunglasses (my husband's Accord has both, and I feel the Civic EX should also. How much could those things possibly cost the company to include?) It has some pretty bad blind spots. Also, the trunk is MUCH smaller than in either of my previous two Civics. These are all very minor, though, and really don't detract from my enjoyment of the car. The positives: The fuel economy is great, and the display tells me what my exact mpg is at the moment, as well as an overall reading. I love the way this car looks. It is a coupe, and is sleek and sporty, with nice lines. It is also very small, which I like. I never have passengers in the back seat, so interior room is not an issue. It has a very tight turn radius, and the climate control is fantastic. The AC works really well even with the Econ feature on, so I just leave the fuel-saving Econ feature on all the time. I love driving this car, and I think it is beautiful."

Great little car

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

"A no nonsense practical reliable car."

Best Compact by Far

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Technology, Handling, Overall Quality"

"Recently bought the 2014 Honda Civic EX Sedan. Have owned many Honda Vehicles. This one is among the best. The technology is fantastic. From the back up camera, lane watch, Honda link. Just fabulous. The car handles well. Just enough sportiness to keep it fun, yet very comfortable. Test drove the Mazda 3, Toyota Corolla, and Kia Forte. No comparison, Honda so much better. Would highly recommend."

Not Happy

By on Friday, November 07, 2014

Pros: "No fun in winter, tires cause vibration"

"Like the car but the Tires they use are junk. I think fleet tires.. 3 or 4 different brands on the same model. Nylon in tires make them vibrate at high speeds in cold weather till they warm up. Honda is cutting conners. Will not buy another one. Glad i leased it because they can have it back and i don't have to suffer at 70 mph. Vibrates in the steering wheel."

2014 Honda Civic is OK but the Nav.is horrible

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "Good gas milage"

Cons: "Navigation is real bad and poor interior quality."

"I purchased the Civic because everyone said it gets good gas millage. This is true but the Navigation is terrible. I asked the salesperson about the Nav. and he assured me it works better than all other cars. That was a LIE the navigation STINKS...Do not buy the Civic with Navigation. The handheld Garmin works much better"

nice car

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "great milage no problems"

"36 mpg around town"

Reliable , AMAZING GAS MILAGE but very boring :(

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "AMAZING MPG , great options on a base model"

Cons: "slow , boring , feel like a kid in this car"

"Amazing MPG got up to 40.2 mpg which was amazing coming from a 16mpg SUV . Great commuter vehicle . I drive 50 miles each way to work so this was perfect for me . It is a 4 cylinder so its pretty slow when merging on to the highway . Its a Honda so its reliable and easy to take care of ."

Best bang four your buck!

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Great price, reliable, fast, durable etc"

Cons: "None so fa r"

"This car is great for a variety of reasons. It's Hondas 9th gen civic si so Honda has had ample time to perfect this vehicle. The 9tth gen comes with a 201hp 2.4L inline 4 cylinder dohc engine along with Hondas famous vtec technology. What is so impressive about this vehicle is that it it's the only one in it's class that it's naturally aspirated ( i.e. No turbos here ). Although there have been some negative Feedback about how the engine isn't as sporty because they reduced the rpm redline i couldn't disagree more yes the k24 engine redlines faster it also has about 40 more ft lb's of torque so the get up And go is not even comparable. The interior is great and has more leg room (at least in the front) then the accord sport. Add to that al the extras like blue tooth connectivity , back up camera , sun roof and premium audio this car a must buy four those llooking to get a fun , sporty car without breaking the bank"

Great car

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Cons: "A bit floatty w/ touchy power stering"

"Honda forever."

Cheap interior but reliable

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and affordable"

Cons: "Loud, cheap interior, not fun to drive"

"2012 Civic Sedan LX First off the good, the car has had zero issues since I have owned it, which is going on 3 years now. It has lived up to Hondas unrivaled reliability. The seats are comfortable and the trunk is big enough for a couple sets of clubs. The steering wheel controls look and feel great, actually have a pretty natural set to them. Now the bad, the flooring is really cheap, looks cheap and does nothing to drown out noise. I drive mostly at night and HATE the screen on the dash board. The glare shield is not nearly big enough to keep the screen light from filling the wind shield with light. That glare is terrible. The plastics in the car are also terrible, everything rattles constantly."

I love this car

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

"It's the second one I've bought, (totalled my first one within 6 months of buying) gas mileage is great, I got a great deal on it and people from Honda are the best to work with. I know that after working with many others, I'll never buy another type of vehicle."

Just as it is known for

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Fuel Economy, Features, Comfort"

"I wanted to give some realistic review of the 2012 civic. I bought it in August of 2011 and have driven so far 80000 miles. I want to say this is one of the few most reliable cars that you could ever get. I have never done any maintenance work since I bought it except for oil changes every 9000 miles. I changed Air filter once and Tires once and that is it. I consistently get 40 miles per gallon but I have to admit I drive on cruise at 63 MPH and 85% of my driving is on highway. All of the above makes me want to keep my car till I hit 300000 and I think I will."

GREAT VALUE

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

"I BOUGHT A CIVIC LX SEDAN ON JULY 28,2014..ONLY HAVE 1100 MILES ON IT BUT THIS CAR IS FANTASTIC!!!! LOTS OF POWER,SMOOTH RIDE,VERY FUEL EFFICIENT...GETTING ABOUT 44 MPG WITH THE ECON BUTTON ON...MOST THINK YOU LOSE A LITTLE POWER WITH THE ECON,BUT I NOTICE NO DIFFERENCE!! WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO ANY ONE!!"

is one of the best cars on road

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "everything is good in this car"

Cons: "no cons"

"funny to drive , great aerodinamics , very good mileage for the gas , comfortable ride , quite interior , extreme reliable , affordable price : very very good car"

Great car to zip around town and highway.

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, not a great price comparable to othe"

Cons: "interior lights up like spaceage, but lacks in qua"

"Car gets fantastic gas mileage. Not happy how the speed fluctuates using cruise control. You have to turn off energy saver in order to keep speed setting you want. No real carpet in the car, no XM satellite, no power seats. Many new cars out have all n more of above accessories at less than I paid for my 2012 Honda Civic. This is my 4th Honda n I do enjoy it but miss my Accord luxury, but not the price."

Best car I ever drove

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Before purchasing this car, I was driving Ford Focus and Mazda 3. Maybe the speakers and seating height are good in Mazda 3 and the easy n smooth steering in Ford Focus may seem better but overall Honda Civic is a great car! Less turning radius, smooth acceleration, less noise and other features make this car fun to drive around! I highly recommend this car to my family and friends as after driving other cars from different makers, I certainly regard Honda very highly. Safety wise and quality wise also this car is the best car!"

Great car for commute and trips under four hours.

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, popular car !"

Cons: "no heated mirrors on the LX"

"Top value in it's class in my opinion. Yes Subaru is a great car but AWD not needed all the time in my driving, and I prefer not to suffer on the MPG due to it. Two plus MPG better than my 13 Focus, but Focus handles better. I am mature and hope to never need that extra handling edge. This car has better road vision for me than the Focus. I had immediately eliminated several other models due to reliability concerns and previous RECALL dodges. I must say I was not happy about the drop in value of the Focus and feel confident that the Civic will hold better resale. That is important even if you don't trade frequently."

Good dependable car

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "I averaged 33 mpg"

Cons: "Road noise"

"The civic is a good and dependable car, especially if maintenance is kept up. Just like other cars in this category, lots of road noise."