2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,384 - $22,050.

Based on 209 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Overall, a fun and reliable package.

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

"I've owned this vehicle for almost 9 months now, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I'm just going to get straight to the points: Pros: - Sporty looking, a few tasteful mods get people looking and asking questions. - Best interior I've been in for it's class. The red/black color scheme is "clean." The tech between the iMid and the touch display have some convenient features. Link up Bluetooth with your phone and you're set. - Fun to drive for what it is. - Reliability; it's a Civic! Cons: - A bit overpriced - for me at least. I got a great deal on it, so if you can knock a few grand off the MSRP it's worth it. - The latter overpriced point is due in part to the lack of power. This is somewhat offset with the pros listed above. Overall: It's a great car to own; there's a specific niche Honda was aiming for with the Si, and they kind of missed the mark with the base power in relation to price. Add the tech and a price drop, and everything's offset. You won't be disappointed."

Nice riding car. Great mileage. Great car

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, great handling"

Cons: "back seats don't fold flat"

"Recent trip with 3 people, dog, luggage, fully loaded car. Round trip 950 miles with 40.1 mpg. Can't beat that! Handled well on highway and country roads, as well as in traffic. Terrific car!"

Awesome car. Highly recommended *****

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "Good Price"

Cons: "Don't like the side view but is ok for me."

"After a while looking around and trying some competitors I decided on the 2015 Civic LX. I had a limited budget and getting the Civic was the perfect decision(had a good deal). Have to say I was impressed with the LX model cause it comes with more features than I thought. The screens are beautiful, completely eletronic. Love the experience behind the wheel. I also love the sport mode. Over 80mph you push the pedal and feel the difference, it's awesome!!! The seats in the back are so spacious (tried some other compacts and couldn't be comfortable in the back). It's such an amazing car. I'm happy, my family is happy, and my pocket is also happy because of the gas. I ihink the Civic is a complete car. I think it has everything a compact vehicle needs to have."

Reliable. Limited space, especially in back seat.

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Roomy trunk and front seats."

Cons: "Limited space in the backseat."

"I like this car overall, but it just doesn't have the space that I need as a mom. I have a 4 month old and obviously she rides in the backseat in her carseat but its just a huge pain to get the carseat in and out of the backseat. The roof is so low in the back and the seats sit so high that its really crammed back there for anyone. The trunk has a lot of space and the front seats are pretty spacious. But for me, I'm wishing I would have purchased an Accord instead. If you don't have more than one other person in the car with you most of the time then this car should be perfect for you."

Replaced my BMW 3 Series

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Efficient, high tech, luxurious & retains value."

Cons: "Not as powerful as the BMW it replaced"

Modern Steel w/ gray leather.

"I was getting tired of high repair costs on my well worn but loved BMW 3 series. I leased a new Civic Sedan, EXL w/ Nav. for about half the lease of a well equipped new 3 series. The quality on the Civic is excellent. I'm averaging 29 MPG in all city driving, and I can use regular gas instead of premium. Best of all, with the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, I don't anticipate spending much on maintenance for the duration of the lease. Last year, maintenance on my fully owned BMW was higher than a year of lease payments on the new Civic. I also won't get hit with the higher depreciation of a new 3 series over a 3 year term. No problems so far after 3 months of ownership. I really love all of the high tech features of the EXL, and the navigation has come in handy too. Though it isn't as powerful and the handling is not quite as crisp as the BMW, it is still nimble and surprisingly peppy for a 4 cylinder. It has comparable rear passenger legroom. I was also favorably impressed with the CVT."

Modern Steel w/ gray leather.

Great uphill power for a 3-cylinder hybrid.

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "Zippier than it looks; great on gas."

Cons: "100% computerized; always needs a service warranty"

"Good maneuverability and control; don't like that it needs to go to the garage when there is tire damage. Reliable and great gas mileage. Sorry I can't use the carpool lane however."

Great great value

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "comfy to drive & has all the features you need"

Cons: "LX needs to come with alloy wheels"

"2014 Civic Coupe LX CVT Overall best value out there. Some manufacturers will try to lure you in with overly fancy equipment but the Civic provides you with exactly what you need. Incredibly high quality design with the standard features that you want/need rather than what you want/don't need. Mileage has been as advertised, but not sure if the "eco" button really makes a noticeable difference in mileage compared to the lowered engine performance when the eco mode is turned on. Drove from Florida to S Carolina and the drive was comfortable and incredibly easy. Only complaint I have is that in the coupe, I wish the driver's side seat had a memory function so when a rear passenger entered/exited on the driver's side, the seat would return back to where the driver last had it instead of having to readjust every time it's moved. The split-dash is a little quirky at first but it's amazing how convenient it is when you go back to driving a car with traditional gauges. The speedometer read-out is right where you need it to be to minimize distractions. Bluetooth works flawlessly. I have the Dyno Blue color and 100% of people who've commented on the car can't believe how sexy/good it looks. Honda really did a great job in the design of the car overall."

Would buy again

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "just great"

"for sure would buy again, Traded a 2014 Altima for this after owning the Altima for weeks and have been happy every day since I got the new Honda. Would for sure suggest this car if the size works."

My third Civic, not my last.

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "great fuel economy, nice looking, great A/C"

Cons: "ugly upholstery, missing some "extras""

"I love Hondas. This is my third Civic, and they have all been great cars for me. My first was a 1998 HX, purchased new, then I bought a used 2001 EX, and now this 2012. I love the car very much. Negatives: the steering is not nearly as tight as it was in my 2001 Civic. There is quite a bit of play in it. The stereo controls on the steering wheel are not conveniently placed. They are on the front of the wheel, so you have to take your hand off the wheel- exactly what they are designed to avoid. I have heard a lot of complaints about road noise and cheap looking interior plastic, but I have no complaints about either. I don't like the look of the upholstery much, though. It is missing some little extras I feel it should include, such as a cover for the cup holder in the front and a holder for sunglasses (my husband's Accord has both, and I feel the Civic EX should also. How much could those things possibly cost the company to include?) It has some pretty bad blind spots. Also, the trunk is MUCH smaller than in either of my previous two Civics. These are all very minor, though, and really don't detract from my enjoyment of the car. The positives: The fuel economy is great, and the display tells me what my exact mpg is at the moment, as well as an overall reading. I love the way this car looks. It is a coupe, and is sleek and sporty, with nice lines. It is also very small, which I like. I never have passengers in the back seat, so interior room is not an issue. It has a very tight turn radius, and the climate control is fantastic. The AC works really well even with the Econ feature on, so I just leave the fuel-saving Econ feature on all the time. I love driving this car, and I think it is beautiful."

Great little car

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

"A no nonsense practical reliable car."