2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,972 - $17,634.

Based on 173 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Love this car.

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

"I bought this car out of state and drove it home to Ohio , a 400 mile trip. Th e car peformed well and I did not experience any road noise. Average 42.6 mpg and that was through a number of towns where the speed limit flucuatedn between 45 and 55. Fun to drive and a great experience so far."

Great car with excellent gas milage

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage , seat comfort, reliability"

Cons: "Rear and side view vision"

"EX-L sedan. Have owned car for 4 months with 6500 miles. Get 42 mpg highway and 38 mpg rural. I have owned 2 previous civics which have been completely trouble free. I like style both inside and outside with exception of hard plastic dash. The heated leather seats are very comfortable and I have a bad back. The wind noise and handing are fine for me. Overall a great car that I got at a great price of less then $20,000."

Very pleased, have owned for about 9 months

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, comfort and value."

Cons: "Not as comfortable as my previous Accords."

"Have had the 2013 Civic EX-L for about 9 months and 17,000 miles and have been very pleased. After 3 consecutive Accord EX-L's (2003, 2006, & 2010-all passed along to my children) I wanted to try something smaller with a little better fuel economy. Last summer I averaged 35-36 mpg in mixed city/highway driving, a little lower this very cold winter. Best mileage was last fall on long driving trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons where we averaged 40-41 mpg and had one tankful where we got 45. Very comfortable small car although I do miss the comfort of the larger Accord on long highway drives. Much quieter and more comfortable than the 2005 Civic we bought for my daughter when she was in high school."

Not the product Honda is known for

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Good price, great standard features"

Cons: "Shoddy quality interior materials, uncomfortable"

"I wish that I had researched consumer reviews before purchasing my 2012 Civic because in hindsight, many of the reviews that I have since read relay issues that I have faced since purchasing this vehicle. My biggest complaint from the beginning (and it is my own fault for not putting more emphasis on this during my car search)has been the sub-par quality of the interior materials in the car. The floor carpet and seating is a cheap material. I have since observed better quality in both a Kia model and a Hyundai model. The best feature of the Civic is undoubtedly the technology: the standard blue tooth access and ease of use of the technological features. The cons outnumber the pros for me though. Two years into ownership, I have had to replace the battery. After reading other reviews, it seems that the battery issue is a common problem with other owners of this model, although the dealership doesn't acknowledge a manufacturer's problem. The driving and front passenger seating is uncomfortable. The exterior paint started chipping at 12,00 miles. Many of these issues are probably to be expected from this price-point; but I expected Honda to be step above other manufacturers of economic sedans. Overall, I sadly say this will be my last Honda; and I will not recommend the Civic (the 2nd one I've owned) to others."

owned 2012 fit this is much better value

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "great price;gas milage;ride"

Cons: "no rear cup holders"

"this car for money is twice the car of our 2012 fit and gets better gas milage"

See if you qualify for