2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,330 - $18,096.

Based on 219 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great economy and reliability

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy,low maintenance and of course Vtech"

Cons: "not as sporty as previous models"

"I drive almost 1000 miles per week to commute to work.I needed a very reliable and somewhat economical car.The Civic was an obvious choice.I purchased it brand new and have now clocked over 90,000 miles on it without a single issue. Other than oil changes and replacing air filters I have not had to spend a dime on it."

All about performance.

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "Quick, fun, practical."

Cons: "Not much."

"So I will start with the surprisingly bad, the battery at 35k literately is just plain shot and died on me despite being two years old. Also the tires from the dealership, bald and worn all the way down by the same mark (this is more typical at this mark I'm told.) I seem to have a sensor issue with my gas tank? It sometimes shows I have no gas for a few seconds and then comes to. So, but I will say I usually get better then the EPA projections. I have achieved 32mpg on a 500 mile road trip. I usually average 27 in town (250 routinely.) This car is 100% about performance. I personally love the torque and power of this car which is has plenty of. Of course it's a little on the small side but it is what you sacrifice for economy and power you lose a little comfort I suppose. I love the navigation, the different options for the graphics, and the bluetooth. Overall if you need amusement at the wheel- this is the car for you."

Drives amazing, amazing gas mileage, very sporty

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "Drives amazing, great MPG's, sporty, great sound"

Cons: "back seat will not fit anyone except small child"

Front end view. Car will get full detail this week

"2012 Honda Civic SI. I'm the original owner, non-smoker, I've taken amazing care of this vehicle to include all Honda scheduled maintenance, vehicle is near immaculate inside with just 1 or 2 minor scratches in non obvious places, exterior in near perfect condition with only 1 minor scratch that was touched up with Honda certified matching color code paint (1" scratch), 10/2015 inspection, I've babied this car from day one, and always have kept the interior/exterior like new, 6spd manual transmission, tinted windows, will even include the Weather Tech floor mats for the entire vehicle and even have an Eibach 2" lowering spring system that I never installed because I decided to keep the vehicle stock. I average 23-26 MPG's city. I do not do much interstate driving but I'd imagine the MPG's highway would easily hit 30+. I got all the options except the navigation and the Honda HFP Kit (the larger rims/tires and the front and rear body accents). The tires are the summer sport tires (believe they are Michelin but not sure, either way, make for a very smooth ride with awesome handling) This car has only 18,200 miles which is amazing considering its a few months shy of 3 years old when I drove it off the lot with only 2 miles on it...average mileage for vehicles currently is 15,000-20,000/yr! This car would be a steal for anyone looking for one! Absolute only reason I want to sell this car as painful as it will be is because I have a German Shepherd that I would like to take places with me when I go out but never have her in the Civic because it's too small and also because I don't want a dog in a super clean car. If there are any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!!"

Front end view. Car will get full detail this week

Gas sipper

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Pros: "Quiet and easy to drive. Handles well."

Cons: "I wish I would have bought more interior features"

"I get 36 MPG in the city and on the road got 47.6 MPG at 63 MPH. I did go 8o and still got 41 MPG. The car handles well and the CVT transmission is quiet and smooth. The economy mode works great. I never take it out of this mode. My grandson always wants to borrow it when he is home from college."

Great first car!

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Features: LaneWatch, push-start, backup cam, wheel"

Cons: "Acceleration, driver's seat, no volume knob"

"I got my driver's license a few weeks ago, and I was fortunate enough to be given a new car. I am really enjoying the Civic so far. Though its price and reputation may suggest otherwise, it is actually a pleasure to drive! It's certainly no Corvette or Maserati, but the Civic truly does get the job done. One of my favorite features in the car is the digital, intelligently-placed speedometer. However, the enormous tachometer perplexes me. I still do not understand why Honda decided to make it so large, and why they devoted a huge part of the dash to it. I was very impressed with some of the standard features in my EX model, such as the small sunroof, the "smart key" and push to start button, and the backup and LaneWatch cameras. One major disappointment for me is that I am not averaging the advertised MPG. I drive almost solely in New Jersey suburbs, and anyone who has been here knows that THE CARS DO NOT MOVE. Therefore, I am essentially driving in an environment the EPA would classify as "city". That said, I am not getting the 30 MPG they suggest. I am at least 2 MPG lower. It's not the end of the world, but that was one of the justifications for me getting this car. Likewise, the seat bothers my back on rides long than about 45 minutes. The cloth material is surprisingly high-quality, but the seat lacks much-needed padding. In total, though, the car serves its purpose, and very well. I would recommend it to anyone, and especially to young drivers."