2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,624 - $17,340.

Based on 209 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great car with excellent gas milage

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage , seat comfort, reliability"

Cons: "Rear and side view vision"

"EX-L sedan. Have owned car for 4 months with 6500 miles. Get 42 mpg highway and 38 mpg rural. I have owned 2 previous civics which have been completely trouble free. I like style both inside and outside with exception of hard plastic dash. The heated leather seats are very comfortable and I have a bad back. The wind noise and handing are fine for me. Overall a great car that I got at a great price of less then $20,000."

My third Civic, not my last.

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "great fuel economy, nice looking, great A/C"

Cons: "ugly upholstery, missing some "extras""

"I love Hondas. This is my third Civic, and they have all been great cars for me. My first was a 1998 HX, purchased new, then I bought a used 2001 EX, and now this 2012. I love the car very much. Negatives: the steering is not nearly as tight as it was in my 2001 Civic. There is quite a bit of play in it. The stereo controls on the steering wheel are not conveniently placed. They are on the front of the wheel, so you have to take your hand off the wheel- exactly what they are designed to avoid. I have heard a lot of complaints about road noise and cheap looking interior plastic, but I have no complaints about either. I don't like the look of the upholstery much, though. It is missing some little extras I feel it should include, such as a cover for the cup holder in the front and a holder for sunglasses (my husband's Accord has both, and I feel the Civic EX should also. How much could those things possibly cost the company to include?) It has some pretty bad blind spots. Also, the trunk is MUCH smaller than in either of my previous two Civics. These are all very minor, though, and really don't detract from my enjoyment of the car. The positives: The fuel economy is great, and the display tells me what my exact mpg is at the moment, as well as an overall reading. I love the way this car looks. It is a coupe, and is sleek and sporty, with nice lines. It is also very small, which I like. I never have passengers in the back seat, so interior room is not an issue. It has a very tight turn radius, and the climate control is fantastic. The AC works really well even with the Econ feature on, so I just leave the fuel-saving Econ feature on all the time. I love driving this car, and I think it is beautiful."

Very pleased, have owned for about 9 months

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, comfort and value."

Cons: "Not as comfortable as my previous Accords."

"Have had the 2013 Civic EX-L for about 9 months and 17,000 miles and have been very pleased. After 3 consecutive Accord EX-L's (2003, 2006, & 2010-all passed along to my children) I wanted to try something smaller with a little better fuel economy. Last summer I averaged 35-36 mpg in mixed city/highway driving, a little lower this very cold winter. Best mileage was last fall on long driving trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons where we averaged 40-41 mpg and had one tankful where we got 45. Very comfortable small car although I do miss the comfort of the larger Accord on long highway drives. Much quieter and more comfortable than the 2005 Civic we bought for my daughter when she was in high school."

owned 2012 fit this is much better value

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "great price;gas milage;ride"

Cons: "no rear cup holders"

"this car for money is twice the car of our 2012 fit and gets better gas milage"

Love my baby

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, fun to drive, sporty, fast, smoothe"

Cons: "None yet"

"This is my first car buying on my own. I drove my dads 98 Acura tl for roughly 5 years. It recently fell into a lot of mechanical issues so I figured it's time for a new car and something RELIABLE, Safe, and FAST ;)! I'd been in the market for awhile and always wanted a Honda Civic. Well..let me just tell you, I am in love!! It is a very comfortable car that fits the driver. It has great speed pickup! The couple gives for a great sexy sporty look ! *One thing I will note and advise is to watch out for your blind spots. I know a couple of other people have mentioned this because its TRUE!"