2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,166 - $17,964.

Based on 225 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

So far the best vehicle I have owned

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, fuel mileage, great looks"

Cons: "Seats are not very comfortable"

"I purchased this car in January 2015 from a dealership where my sister-in-law had traded it in for a new Mustang Roush. She keeps her vehicles in impeccable condition inside and out, the car had only 30,000 miles on it and was perfect. I purchased it through the dealership and got a very, very good deal. I commute 25 miles one way to work each day and the fuel efficiency, especially in ECO mode is awesome, averaging 35 mpg driving some interstate and some stop and traffic. The car has all and more amenities than I ever dreamed of. The ride is good, handling is awesome."

Troule free car with excellent gas mileage

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "economical to maintain and operate."

Cons: "brakes, buzzy engine sound wide open."

"Bought new and In 3 1/2 years of driving not one single problem. Routine maintenance only, ie oil/filter and tire rotation, etc. Gets consistently 36-38 MPG overall freeway/city driving as verified by gallons used at fill up. Nice handling OK acceleration and braking. drives straight and true down the road with no pulling to side. Fairly quiet interior ride, about as expected for this class car. High quality paint, interior trim, appearance. I would not hesitate to buy another one"

Reminds me of my Benz

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, solidly built, incredible mpg"

Cons: "No car-charger plug in back"

"I own a 2014 and am in sales. I have already put 18,000 miles on the car, since mid-July 2014. I had leather installed, as it's easier to sit on for long periods of time. I routinely drive 90 miles one-way to get to a job. I drive from the coast of Florida to the center of the state, and my mpg on country roads is always above 42mph. I keep my speed down to where the tach says 1550 rpm. This irritates other drivers, but they pass me. Generally keeping it at 55mph accomplishes this. When I drive to my office, I frequently get 50mpg. This car literally reminds me of my 2007 Mercedes Benz, in how it handles, how solid it is, and how comfortable it is. I don't necessarily love the exterior appearance, but that's okay. It looks professional, and yet I don't have to drive something big and heavy to get "classy". I don't regret this purchase at all."

Excellent, Reliable Vehicle

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

"This is my 5th Honda Civic and I love them. While I wish they were a little less pricey, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for, and this is an awesome car, no doubt about it, with a consistently terrific trade-in value. Over the years I've been in a few accidents (none my fault, thank goodness!) and my Civics have always performed superbly. The safety in these cars can't be beat and I drive in a metropolitan city in rush-hour traffic twice a day, so safety is a big concern for me. These cars also handle easily in snow, ice, and wet conditions, just get to know your car before bad weather hits. The interior is surprisingly roomy and comfortable for long trips and the A/C works great. The acceleration is good, but perhaps has a little bit of a delay when initially punching the gas pedal to pass, so give yourself a little extra passing room. Gas mileage is terrific, even in the city. There is a rather large "blind spot" right at the front windshield and door interface/meeting and one needs to be extra careful of that. Sometimes I wish the paint didn't ding or scratch as easily, but I realistically can't compare it to other cars, since I've leased nothing but Civics since about 1995. They've gotten consistently better and better over the years, not only in metal thickness and safety, but also in the power of the engine. Great car! In fact, hubby now also owns one and he loves it as well!"

Great car!

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

"Overall fantastic little car. Pros great handling and economy, cons hard seats, inadequate a/c and defrosting, fake carpet."

best gas milage for coupe

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Pros: "sporty look with great gas milage and easy to driv"

"I am a first time Honda owner and have been very pleased with my Civic coupe. It's a great looking car with excellent gas mileage. I was also pleased with the price and the friendly customer service provided by Kevin McWithey."

Great economy and reliability

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy,low maintenance and of course Vtech"

Cons: "not as sporty as previous models"

"I drive almost 1000 miles per week to commute to work.I needed a very reliable and somewhat economical car.The Civic was an obvious choice.I purchased it brand new and have now clocked over 90,000 miles on it without a single issue. Other than oil changes and replacing air filters I have not had to spend a dime on it."

All about performance.

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "Quick, fun, practical."

Cons: "Not much."

"So I will start with the surprisingly bad, the battery at 35k literately is just plain shot and died on me despite being two years old. Also the tires from the dealership, bald and worn all the way down by the same mark (this is more typical at this mark I'm told.) I seem to have a sensor issue with my gas tank? It sometimes shows I have no gas for a few seconds and then comes to. So, but I will say I usually get better then the EPA projections. I have achieved 32mpg on a 500 mile road trip. I usually average 27 in town (250 routinely.) This car is 100% about performance. I personally love the torque and power of this car which is has plenty of. Of course it's a little on the small side but it is what you sacrifice for economy and power you lose a little comfort I suppose. I love the navigation, the different options for the graphics, and the bluetooth. Overall if you need amusement at the wheel- this is the car for you."

Drives amazing, amazing gas mileage, very sporty

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "Drives amazing, great MPG's, sporty, great sound"

Cons: "back seat will not fit anyone except small child"

Front end view. Car will get full detail this week

"2012 Honda Civic SI. I'm the original owner, non-smoker, I've taken amazing care of this vehicle to include all Honda scheduled maintenance, vehicle is near immaculate inside with just 1 or 2 minor scratches in non obvious places, exterior in near perfect condition with only 1 minor scratch that was touched up with Honda certified matching color code paint (1" scratch), 10/2015 inspection, I've babied this car from day one, and always have kept the interior/exterior like new, 6spd manual transmission, tinted windows, will even include the Weather Tech floor mats for the entire vehicle and even have an Eibach 2" lowering spring system that I never installed because I decided to keep the vehicle stock. I average 23-26 MPG's city. I do not do much interstate driving but I'd imagine the MPG's highway would easily hit 30+. I got all the options except the navigation and the Honda HFP Kit (the larger rims/tires and the front and rear body accents). The tires are the summer sport tires (believe they are Michelin but not sure, either way, make for a very smooth ride with awesome handling) This car has only 18,200 miles which is amazing considering its a few months shy of 3 years old when I drove it off the lot with only 2 miles on it...average mileage for vehicles currently is 15,000-20,000/yr! This car would be a steal for anyone looking for one! Absolute only reason I want to sell this car as painful as it will be is because I have a German Shepherd that I would like to take places with me when I go out but never have her in the Civic because it's too small and also because I don't want a dog in a super clean car. If there are any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!!"

Front end view. Car will get full detail this week

Gas sipper

By on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Pros: "Quiet and easy to drive. Handles well."

Cons: "I wish I would have bought more interior features"

"I get 36 MPG in the city and on the road got 47.6 MPG at 63 MPH. I did go 8o and still got 41 MPG. The car handles well and the CVT transmission is quiet and smooth. The economy mode works great. I never take it out of this mode. My grandson always wants to borrow it when he is home from college."