2014 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,005 - $21,784.

Based on 172 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

great car

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Depedable and lots of fun to drive"

Cons: "has one minor rock mark on the hood"

"I really like the car, but need to find one with lower payments."

nice car 32 mpg over all and 44 plus on open roads

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive good pick up wiyh ac off"

Cons: "no cup holders in back seat and no spare tire with"

"great car to save gas, and monthly payment is very low, on a lease only 175 plus tax with 500 dn. cant beat that on a 3 year lease .easy to drive and lots of air bags"

Great CaR

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"I like it very much.It is the second Civic"

Awesome Car

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Great price, lots of value, fun to drive, mpg"

Cons: "light steering wheel feel"

"I have a loaded 2013 White Civic SI 4D with Navi, love this car I average 30 mpg combined for every fill up. Also has great power, fast 2.4L engine matches great to the easy shifting 6 speed manual, Interior quality is great also carbon fiber trim, great 17 inch wheels make the car look nice. The sound system is superb and I get lots of compliments on the looks of this model."

Fun, Sporty commuter when I'm not on my motorcycle

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Lane watch, Fun, Interior quality looks nice"

Cons: "Rims, Only 1 option for Interior Color"

"I normally commute on my Sport Bikes but I can't ride those in the rain or pick up friends when going on road trips so I was looking for a car that will give me that fun sporty feel while commuting like how my bikes does. I wasn't expecting much when I saw the 2014 Civic Si Sedan until I test drove it. It has more than enough power than I need for a car. The few things that I didn't like about it (which are just my personal tastes) are the 18'Rims and 2 tone Seat color. Overall, I love this car and I think I made a great decision buying it."

First car I've been enthusiastic about in 30 years

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

"Good value, excellent mileage, no problems at all, very happy"

I like this car but I don't know what it's worth.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "?????"

Cons: "Yes"

"I really like the car but I don't think the price is right."

Excellent fun and practical car

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality, MPG, fit & finish, Sound, Fun"

Cons: "USB location, long trip comfort"

"I love my civic si, I've driven it like a stole off the lot and it hasn't given me any problems. With to stock tires I was getting a average of 32 mpg but when I changed to softer tires now the mpg has dropped to 30. It sounds amazing when I mash the gas but road nose isn't over bearing while cruising. Also with softer tires the road noise is significantly less. Steering is quick and very responsive but can feel twitchy on the highway. I love the interior styling, very cool. Seats look cool but are not the most comfortable. Ergonomics is excellent except for the placement of the USB port. The blue tooth link for playing music off my iPhone is one of my favorite features but I've noticed that my friends have had issues playing music on the system with android phones. It will link up fine but isn't as reliable as when using my iPhone."

Excellent buy

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "styling"

Cons: "head room"

"I am pleased with my purchase. I have owned the car for 2 yrs. I have noticed that the drivers leather seat is showing wear. I am 6 ft tall so the head room is lacking a bit. Also noticed the performance decline when the air conditioning is running, but I guess that is with most cars. The actual mileage I get is around 35 mpg, I drive mostly on high speed interstate to and from work. Other than that I love my Civic."

SIgnificant Bargain;Fun 2 Drive;Good mileage

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "LOTS for the $;Solid;Blast2Drive;Economical"

Cons: "Back seat ingress/egress:No Temp Guage"

Sojourn of Light

"Bought a 2014 SI coupe. It's a looker save the front end being a mite busy and a matter of taste, but I do not find it ugly or repulsive as some seem to. The rest of the lines on the car, to my eye, are well thought out and handsome. Although I have not put allot of miles on it yet, it is immediately apparent it is screwed together well. No rattles, squeaks or creaks. Doors close with a reassuring thud. Just feels like a solid car. Fun,Fun,Fun to drive. It is a car that can be driven comfortably everyday with a LARGE dose of fun mixed in. Out of the box no Track car, but you do not suffer the everyday penalties of such. Do not need to rev the thing into the stratosphere to get some torque. Has a very comfortable ride which comes with handling that won't disappoint. On top of that it can easily be made a track car if that is what you want,a few bolt ons should do the trick. Regarding the love it or hate it interior and gauges, I like it, Allot. I have to say, it should have a temperature gauge for the engine instead of the idiots lights, (a blue light comes on 'till the car warms up to temp and of course there is the overheat light). I have read mixed reviews regarding the seating,again a matter of taste and physique I suppose, but for me and my wife, (I'm of average size my wife is petite), we find the seats to be very supportive and comfortable. Add to that the tilt/telescope wheel and we both can find our ideal driving position. I have to make mention of the Manual,(six-speed)and clutch;F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C, the best I've owned and I have had several. In the end if you are looking for a daily driver that is economical to purchase and own, one that is safe, that has got enough, "sport" to put a smile on your face, So far, for me, the SI nails it."

Sojourn of Light

This is the most boring car I have ever driven.

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "slow acceleration, mushy handling"

"Boring! I may die from boredom before my lease is up."

car was purchased with 1200 miles on it.We love it

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "all good easy driving, economical"

"Easy riding, easy steering, economical. Reason for selling is we upgraded to an Accord and don't need three cars."

Meh

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "Styling.Smooth, quiet ride. Excellent fuel economy"

Cons: "Comfort is bad. Driving dynamics disappoint."

"I purchased my 2013 Honda Civic LX in April 2013. While the car impressed during my initial test drive (I was coming from a 2010 Honda Fit), numerous issues regarding the car have cropped up since then. My full review: VALUE = 9/10 Honda did a great job loading this car with standard features. Even on my base LX model, I have steering wheel audio controls, Bluetooth phone connectivity, Bluetooth streaming audio, text messaging, Pandora internet radio, and even a rearview camera. These features being offered as standard equipment are unheard of in the compact car class. Additionally, the car is affordable, and Hondas always have had excellent reliability and resale, making it a great value. The car gets 30+ mpg without even trying. The only reason why this score isn't a 10/10 is because the Pandora integration can sometimes be very finicky, and doesn't always work as advertised. DRIVING DYNAMICS = 6/10 My 2013 Civic LX rides very smoothly. It absorbs bumps with an almost Germanic thump, and road noise is impressively hushed for a compact sedan. The light steering makes parking and maneuvering in tight spaces easy. This makes it an ideal A-to-B city car that can get the job done around town and on the highway. Ride comfort is very good. What isn't very good is the car's handling, which is decidedly average. The car gives the impression of being playful with responsive, quick steering and a five-speed automatic transmission that is equally responsive. However, the steering is overly light for spirited driving, and is completely devoid of feel (something Civics in the past always excelled at). Additionally, there is a pronounced amount of body lean, and the stock Firestone "Fuel Fighter" low rolling resistance tires have a comically low amount of grip. Power from the 140 hp four-cylinder engine is adequate. An ECON mode dulls throttle response in exchange for better fuel economy. RELIABILITY = 10/10 Typical Honda. That is to say, reliability has been excellent. Over one year and 29,000 miles, and no unexpected repairs have needed to be performed on the vehicle (only standard scheduled maintenance). DESIGN = 7/10 Exterior: The Civic is a handsome looking car from the outside, if a bit bland at certain angles. The front of the car features an Accord-like chrome grille, and a chrome bumper that helps to give it some personality. The rear features snazzy looking taillights connected by a chrome bar that widens the look of the car. The side profile is a bit bland, with black plastic window trimmings and odd 15" wheel covers undoing what the car gets right in the front and back. Overall, a handsome looking, completely inoffensive vehicle, and probably the best looking compact car on the market. Interior: The interior design is futuristic and cool. Honda's two-tier dash layout now includes a 5" iMID display as standard equipment. This display provides information regarding Bluetooth phone information, radio information, and fuel economy, and also contains the rearview camera. The steering wheel controls are easy to use, as are the standard radio and HVAC controls. Interior materials quality is a mixed bag. The door panels up front, and the dash pad on the passenger side, are made of soft touch material that feels pleasant. The rest of the dashboard is made of hollow, hard plastic that does a wonderful job of creating glare from the iMID display at night, even at low brightness settings. Seat fabric feels okay, while armrests are barely more than the seat fabric covering hard plastic, with little to no padding. The steering wheel is an area of success, with an appealing design, a small diameter, and nice bolstering extensions. QUALITY = 7/10 Overall fit and finish is above par. Materials are about as you would expect for this class, but don't go above and beyond the status quo. The car feels durable and solid in its construction. COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE = 4/10 As stated before, the car is loaded with numerous "techie" standard features. The trunk is practical in size, although it does have gooseneck hinges that crush your cargo. The rear seat is a one-piece folding type (60/40 split fold rear seats can be had on the EX and EX-L models, a curious omission here). Folding the rear seatback requires pulling a lever in the trunk while reaching all the way in to push the seatback down; a simple lever within the car would have been a more comfortable solution. Long term comfort is an issue with this car. Overall seating position is very low, even when adjusting the seats to their highest point. This, combined with the low roofline, makes ingress and egress cumbersome. Getting into the Civic basically involves falling into the seat, whereas getting out feels like picking yourself up from sitting on the floor. Once in the front seats, the hard, flat cushions limit comfort on long trips, and there could be more legroom. Space for rear passengers is extraordinarily cramped. If someone 6-feet tall or taller is sitting in the front seat, legroom becomes appropriate only for small children. Headroom is restricted in all locations regardless of seating configuration, but particularly so in the rear. OVERALL = 6/10 An average car for those that want a solid, reliable, dependable A-to-B vehicle. If you plan on taking long road trips, you'll be let down by the Civic's lack of comfort and impractical back seat. If you value driving dynamics, you will be disappointed by the car's middling handling and disconnected feel. While there's something to be said for a smooth ride, reliability, fuel economy, and resale value, there are more comfortable and better driving cars in this class. The Dodge Dart, Kia Forte, Ford Focus, and especially the Mazda3 are all worthy alternatives to consider. If you value that trademark Honda reliability and resale value, Honda's own Fit is cheaper, gets better fuel economy, is more roomy and versatile, and has much better handling."

I love this car. Bought new 2 1/2 years ago.

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage. Very comfortable. Fun to drive."

Cons: "Bit of a blind spot driver's side mirror."

"Very comfortable front and back seats. Great gas mileage locally and even better on the highway. Great tech package. Looks great. Plenty of power for what I need. Can't recommend it highly enough."

Good Commute Car

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Mileage"

Cons: "Depreciation kills the enjoyment..."

"I run this car 140 miles a day Tacoma to Everett and back. I a, getting a good 40 MPG, not a flashy car but runs great..."

Awesome Car!

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Technology and handling are excellent!"

"Handling is great, and the spacious interior is a huge plus for me. Having owned a civic from 2009, this model feels bigger, and defiantly has more leg room. The overall handling of this car makes it a smooth ride whether you're on the highway or driving on back streets. On board tech is great, works well with my iphone and I love that I can scroll through my playlists with ease. As a musician, having quick access to my music is a huge plus. The less cluttered my driving space the safer I feel."

Quiet?! Are you kidding me?

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "love the right turn camera"

Cons: "NOISE"

"I thought this was it! My new car. I currently own a Honda so I know that they are great cars. This site and several other mention how quiet this car is. Please. I measured it against the CRZ [yep - the honda known for being noisy] with a sound meter driving over the exact stretch of HWY at the same speed- Air conditioning off. According to the sound meter, this was 1 dB quieter - only 1. I can't distinguish 1 dB, can you? All I could do was wonder if reviewers are getting paid to say it is quiet. I was completely disappointed - crushed actually. Loved soooo much about the car - love the right turn camera - one test drive and I think it should be on every car."

Honda Civic, reliable, good resale value

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

I don't own this car

"Great car"

Averaging better fuel economy than advertised.

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "Looks, fuel economy, fun to drive, handling"

Cons: "No rear seat flip down arm rest."

"Hello again. Updated review: So I have had my civic now for a couple of weeks and it is still going strong. One thing that has been amazing is the fuel economy that I am getting with this vehicle. The website lists this vehicle at 28 City/36 hwy. I drive mainly highway miles and I am averaging 41mpg (approximately 450 miles per tank of gas). This car is easy to park, comfortable, and fun to drive. My decisions were down to between a Mazda3, a Corolla, and a Subaru Impreza. I love all of these choices, but I could not be happier with my new Civic coupe, something the others were not offered in. The radio has great sound and the controls on the steering wheel makes this feel safer and more luxurious. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a sporty, inexpensive, and fun to drive vehicle with great fuel economy. The standard back up camera is a nice feature, too. It is nice knowing there are no little ones or toys behind you when backing up."

LOVE this car

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive, good gas milage"

Cons: "interior quality could be improved, but still nice"

"This was my dream car, and I got it as a graduation present. I've had it for about a year now, and I still love it. It's super fun and easy to drive. It rides great, has awesome features, and is really sporty looking. Although, this is obviously not a luxurious vehicle, there is literally nothing I dislike about this car!"

Comfortable, Reliable, Efficient

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy. Residual value."

Cons: "Road noise. Slight under steer. Cheap interior !"

"Good value. Super efficient, economical. I drive like a geezer; get 47 / 52 mpg every tankful, 100% of the time,,,,data to prove it. Under steers slightly. Decent ride quality. Most disturbing - Road Noise! Tire / Road noise is Unbearable ! "Autostop" works flawlessly. A/C remains on during "Autostop" ; nice feature. Great value !"

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Performance, Fuel efficient, Honda reliability!!!"

Cons: "Interior lighting, Navi as standard would be nice"

"I've owned A 2013 Civic SI sedan for about 16 months now and I am exceptionally happy with it. The inline 4 engine in the SI delivers the perfect amount of power (205HP) and torque (174) without the need of turbos or add-on accessories. The traction control meshes with this power beautifully and I have to really try to break the tires during take off. Further more I average 27MPG in the city and 34 on the highway when I'm not pushing the engine too hard, and it loves to be pushed and sounds great doing it! In addition the brakes stop on a dime with very little fade coming down mountain roads. Interior design is attractive with tons of room (I'm 6'3") and the seats are tough and comfortable. I do wish interior foot well lighting was standard and wish there was better overall interior lighting, but it is not bad just a little lacking. I've had various other cars, trucks and SUV's from Ford, Chevy, Dodge and Honda, and this car beats them all and for only 25K. Overall Honda has nailed the driver interface in this vehicle and I love it. It makes me love driving again."

Show me a better vehicle for under 16k

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Looks, fuel economy, fit & finish, comfort, safety"

Cons: "Steel wheels with plastic hubcaps"

"The 2014 Civic Coupe LX seemed like just the right choice for me. It was listed at a local dealer sale for only 15,900 and I needed new transportation. I had 155,000 mile on the 2002 Honda Accord I was driving, after all. I travel 35 miles to work, making a 70 mile round trip to work and back home each day. So I needed a car with excellent gas mileage and good reliability. I think I found that in this Civic. The fit and finish is second to none in the class. The care feels more like a $20k plus vehicle. The seats are comfortable and the sound system is great. I am enjoying the hands-free Bluetooth feature for the safe answering of phone calls while driving. There are plenty of compartments, cup holders, and USB, AUX, and power connections, all in convenient locations. There is even a feature where one can upload a photo and use the dash like a picture frame. The handling is crisp and the braking is spot-on. I am very happy with my "peppy" new Civic. So far it is averaging 37mpg with the type of driving I do. So if you are in the market for inexpensive, reliable transportation, with a sporty look, please consider the Civic LX Coupe."

This hybrid performs!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, Sleek look, Back up camera"

Cons: "Acceleration, Trim, Rear seats do not fold down"

"I drove a regular Honda Civic forever. We recently bought the hybrid and it's amazing how similar it drives. I agree with others regarding acceleration, but it's something you just adjust to and is the same for a non-Hybrid Civic. My main concern paying more for the hybrid was getting the mileage that it states. I'm getting 44 mpg and sometimes slightly better. We're really happy with our purchase and look forward to driving it through all the fuel increases in coming years!"

GREAT CAR

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY"

Cons: "LITTLE MORE POWER"

"I BOUGHT THIS CAR FOR THE GIRL FRIEND TO COMMUTE TO WORK, AND FOR US TO PLAY ON THE WEEKENDS. ITS GET 38.6 mpg,IT DRIVES GREAT, GOOD VISIBILITY, AND JUST A GREAT ALL AROUND CAR .HOPE TO GET 200.000 MILES OUT OF IT."

See if you qualify for