2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,649 - $21,506.

10/8.0

Based on 192 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

The 2013 Civic EX Sedan is a Winner

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "design, handling, charm, reliability"

Cons: "needed add on's for the ex model, accelaration mpg"

"This review is for the 2013 model. Designers brought back Honda fans', myself included, love of superior detail, the convenience of peppy agility, and good gas mileage. The 2013 Civic is fun to drive and charming. Turns are made on a dime. Although the car doesn't boast impressive numbers for horsepower, the car actually feels fast because of it's compact size and precise handling. The detailed interior and convenient controls, comfort of the seat, and perfectly-sized steering wheel make the driver trust that the car is there to serve him or her--not the other way around. The interesting color combinations, including dash displays, are easy on the eyes. All of these positive qualities converge to make the Civic feel extremely reliable and worth holding onto. This is exactly what I wanted when I considered purchasing a Honda. There are some opportunities with the Civic, but they are minor. The Ex sedan should have come with splash guards, side molding, and fog lamps. I had to make some extra purchases which brought the price up and reminded me that Honda's are a bit pricey. Also, the Ex should have keyless entry and start. The Bluetooth worked with my older android phone, but then stopped. I spent a couple of hours trying to work this out, but was unsuccessful. The gas mileage estimates are accurate, but I have had to accelerate much slower than expected to achieve the awesome gas mileage. Everything taken together, I would highly recommend this car to people of all ages."

Amazing Car!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, stick shift, great 40.0+ MPG"

Cons: "Random Rattle in rear when going over bumps"

"This car is absolutely amazing! EPA estimates MPG at 36.0 highway and I am getting 40+ combined! I have a manual transmission and it is so much fun to drive. Quiet ride, smooth corning and traction. Rearview camera is a plus, and the eco-boost is great plus the car still has power with it on. I highly recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a new one!"

2012 Honda Civic EX

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, refined feel, feels larger"

Cons: "great gas mileage, cheap plastic interior"

"Overall, I love this car. I guess coming from driving a '97 Saturn SL2, that's not saying very much, however, I find the criticism of too much road noise and lack of smoothness to be unfounded. For a small car, the Civic drives more like a larger refined automobile. Steering is smooth, pedal feel is excellent, braking is easily modulated, suspension is on the soft side and acceleration is adequate. Although the interior is made up of mostly hard plastic, the fit and finish is excellent. In this time of rising gas prices, the biggest selling point of the civic - GREAT GAS MILEAGE! For me, it ranged from 31 to 40 MPG."

Really like the upgrades

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Bluetooth,backup camera..new technology"

Cons: "no upgraded stereo in ex sedan"

"Car is quieter..drives better..seats are firmer.I like the new look..Wheels on ex are really nice(honda?)Inside is same design as the 2012, but upgraded materials(didn't kill 2012 by changing it drastically..which I liked).Thanks C/R for waking up honda..p.s I did own a 2012 civic lx coupe(which I really liked dispite reviews) Think this will put civic back in the game..(if it was ever out)"

2012 Honda Civic LX

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "reliable, fuel efficient, nice looking, good price"

Cons: "still noisy inside"

"This is my 3rd Civic and I love it. Frustrated with Consumer Reports panning it so badly. This is a solid vehicle. Just because CR doesn't like the interior doesn't mean you don't recommend the car, it is still incredibly reliable. I lost a lot of respect for CR after that. I bought this car new and my last 2001 Civic has 330k miles on it. These are arguably some of the best cars made in the world today. They are not luxury vehicles, but perfect commuter vehicles."

First New Car

By on Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pros: "Almost everything"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"2012 LX Manual makes driving so much more fun. Engine is smooth, back seat room is amazing for a small car, looks better than any other small car in its class, and has alot of bells and whistles for a basic model car. Amazing amount of car for the price, I think it is a steal. However, seems like the blind spots are large, engine seems underpowered with A/C cranked up, and plugs-oil filter are under the engine...ugh. Minor issues though overall. I can see myself giving it to my kid in 13 years when he is in high school. I love it!"

Loveee this car!

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "gass miliage, great sound system. looks,"

Cons: "cheap interior"

"I just bought this car yesterday used with only 5000 miles on it but still with plastic dealer matts in the floor board. I traded my 2006 honda civic in with 100k miles on it and had no issues. I like this design a lot better and I also like the way this car handles and drives, its deff been refined and "remade" all though they kept some of the same looks as the previous model. It drives better and handles better and also love the added info screen thats very large and bright beautiful screen. You can also upload pictures and wall papers to this new screen also. Even though honda is lacking in features that new cars are having like the all new focus and the elantra i still love my new 2012 civic because I know when they are up in miles my honda will still be going strong. After I would much rather drive something thats gonna last longer than drive something for its features!"

Don't know what the "experts are talking about"

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Good interior space, refined driving experience"

Cons: "no lumbar support"

"I don't know why the experts rated this car so poorly. As far as styling, I guess it's a matter of taste but I like it and find its interior to be very functional and roomy. Being a person of tall sitting height, I appreciate having the speedometer placed above the steering wheel. It has nicely refined, sure handling though it can be a little squishy when cornering hard. Some slighlty bigger sway bars may have helped in this area. It has plenty of power but you may need to downshift in order to get good acceleration for on-ramps and for passing. The transmission is obviously programmed to shift for gas mileage not performance. I would have opted for the manual transmission had I not have back issues that make using a clutch difficult. With conservative driving I am getting about 35mpg for mostly city but some highway driving. On long trips, I can get around 42 mpg on flat terrain with no cross or head wind. I don't understand why people are complaining about road noise; the car seems very quiet to me. My only significant complaint about this car is the lack of lumbar support. which may be only an issue for people like me with back problems because otherwise the seats are fairly comfortable. If this car had seats like the Chevy Cruze it would be absolutely perfect."

It's a civic

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Price, confort, excellent driving"

Cons: "Some interior materials, poor side visibility"

"This is my 5th civic 1989,1992,2000, 2004 and now the 2012 and i can say for sure; this is getting better! I felt a little down when i heard that there are comming changes for 2013 version and i confess that some times i feel a little desappointed whith the aparent quality of some interior materials or maybe the fact that Honda could put some gadgets, but when i think about all the process i did while deciding which car to buy, i tested 6 cars and NO ONE felt like the civic some has more gadgets, some apparently better interior some even less expensive but non like the civic. And lets be honest this I-MID rocks. It feels confortable to drive, the sterring is the best i have ever handle, every single botton is in the correct place, and when you hit the gas the engine makes a refine sound i really like it. My civic is the LX automatic version has just reach 3000 mls and so far so good."

FINALLY

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great all around car"

Cons: "not so great sound system on the base model"

"Just traded in my upgraded 2008 vw jetta and decided to go with the 2013 base model honda civic. Not only were the staff at the honda dealership friendly and professional this car is simply amazing. Ive only had this car for a few days but it is such a nice car to drive and so comfortable. If your in the market for a new car make sure you take the time to test drive this one! :)"

Wise choice for my money.

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Great gas, great price"

Cons: "Reduced compartment space compared to older models"

"I've had my Civic EX for a little over 9 months. Body style is an eye catcher. I spent a little over 21k and I think I paid a fair price. I only spend about $40 to fill my tank. I do wish Honda didn't take away all the compartment space compared to their older models. Overall comfortable, spacious, and super gas efficient. I would only put on the 'Econ' button on the highway, otherwise you are not utilizing it properly."

HAS EVERYTHING BEING LIKE A LUXURY CAR

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Ride, gas mileage, controls, audio, blind spot"

Cons: "uncomfortable at times"

"Love my EX Civic on everything being like a top of the line vehicle. Its great in a smoother ride includes a new CVT transmission that isn't bad at all. Controls are excellent from having HONDALINK, blue tooth, Pandora, SXM, rear backup cam, heated seats, quiet drive and available eco mode that is best on giving a nicer ride to the car. The engine very powerful wish was available in a V6 but the 4 cylinder is awesome on performance of sports car instead economical car. The Civic with EX package came with blind spot monitoring, love the digital readouts on HVAC system and audio system while everything electronic is above the dashboard center. This car is roomier and is cream of the crop love the better resale value has its a excellent vehicle for the blue book price its looks more sportier but mostly luxury on the options included for EX package I have bought on this car. Its a really handsome compact car ever had even love the refreshed styling and better upgrades Honda gave the Civic on making it earn a better price and having a perfect resale value."

Great on gas, very reliable.

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, performs well"

Cons: "No engine temp gauge, just cold and hot lights."

"Have had car almost one year, put 9,500 miles on it, great gas mileage, better then rated on highway. Rides well, handles excellent, has plenty of power. Very pleased with car. only problem I have had is a slight rattle on passenger side sometimes, that didn't rattle when I brought it to dealer to be fixed. Controls are easy to use and are very nice looking, most are on steering wheel, six speaker stereo sounds nice, USB port for my MP3 player which also will play through the cars blue tooth. I like the tiered dash, speed display is very easy to see. Very nice car. Top resale and safety pick."

Great car

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "sleek design, great fuel economy"

Cons: "no horsepower, few add-ons"

"I have the EX-L. I am disappointed in the manual seat adjustments and lack of dual-climate control. It seems like an EX-L would have more options than they do. When I compare it to my husbands Ford Fusion, it lacks in extras. However, the fuel economy of the Civic is phenomenal, but it also has very little pick-up and go. Its a great car, I just wished it had more "things" going on in the interior."

great gas saver

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "comfort in gas saving"

Cons: "less power"

"you trade in power for money saved on great gas mileage. I don't mind driving with less power if it means having extra cash in my wallet. I don't have to drive and stare at the gasoline gage with a frown anymore like I do when I drive my suv. peace of mind is worth more than money! but here you get both."

This car is perfect and will last a long time!!!

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "comfortable and no hump in middle back seat!!"

Cons: "Trunck space could be better and needs 6 speed"

"I want this car becuse it is a comfortable and last a long time. It is a fact that the longest lasting car on the road is the Honda Civic many honda Civics that were built in the 90s are still aroung today. Well worth the buy my good friend has one."

I love this car!!

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "Peppy, efficient & reliable"

Cons: "Doors are heavy (That's part of owning a 2 door)"

"Great gas mileage (I'm getting 31-32 mpg commuting to work)! The "driving efficiency bars" (they change color depending on how you are driving) have taught me a new way of driving without sacrificing speed (no "comet's tail" behind me). The only warranty service that I've needed is to have spider webs cleared from my EVAP canister vent tube, which set off the "check engine" light at about 10 mos./5,500 mi (I've come to find out that it's a common problem)."

Love This Car

By on Wednesday, May 09, 2012

"I have a 99 civic with 200,000 miles and just added the 2012 civic to my car family. Love it! I have not had any issue with outside or wind noise. Love my civics!!"

Quietest civic (our third) - up to 80MPH

By on Monday, May 07, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, confident drivability, great tech package."

Cons: "Overly aggressive head restraint position."

"Have yet to drive more than 12 miles from home and we are averaging the advertised 44 MPG. Can't relate to all the reviews about road noise. This car is as quiet as our Cadillac CTS. It also has the cleanest center stack of any car I have been in. Most of the nav and audio controls are accessed by the touchscreen - or by voice command. Bluetooth works great. The near headsup display console is easy to get used to and is less quirky than the Prius. It has the typically confident road handling of a Civic. The one professional critique of less impressive interior is truly Honda conservative. The new leather aroma is less than pleasant."

Best Small Car for the Money

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "This car is light years ahead of the 2003 Civic"

"I needed to buy a second car for our family and finally decided on a Civic. I have had a few Accords and one Civic before but after shopping all the affordable cars under 19k the Civic won. I liked the Fit too but it just doesn't have the sense of luxury that the new Civic has. Some people complain about acceleration but I have no problem passing and maintaining 70 mph in the mountains. In the end I got a price that was just slightly more than a Fit. I did think the Chevy Sonic had great road manners but as I told the salesman unless I can get it for a price that would justify the difference in resale value I will go with the Civic. Me and my family have probably had 10 Honda's and never had a single problem with any of them. As a kicker I still think it's the best looking small car and I'm getting about 31 mpg combined in mostly city driving. Compared to my F150 that is heaven."

Nice car

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "Good MPGs"

Cons: "Some cabin noise at highway speeds"

"Owned my 2012 Honda EX Coupe for over a year now. This has been a great car. MPGs are 22-25 city and I have gotten as high as 40 MPG on a long trip driving 65-70 MPH. Like the digital dash & readouts and the blue background lighting. Interior cabin noise is sometimes a bit louder on the highway depending on the road surface but it is tolerable. Honda should add extra insulation to dampen highway/road noise."

I love my civic. ignore consumer reports!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "great great great on gas"

Cons: "bumpy"

"I drive 50-70 miles per day. I love my civic. I'm 6' 4" 250 and I fit comfortably! I get 36-39 miles per gallon. Consumer reports spent quite awhile complaining about this vehicle. Ignore it. Is the cabin noisy... yes, so turn on the radio! It's a great vehicle and it's a honda! 80% built in the states. 5"

Overall great little car

By on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pros: "MPG, Steering, Brakes, IMID system."

Cons: "Trunk Lid Insulation Missing from Dealer!"

48.5 MPG on Freeway with ECON enabled!

"The vehicle mileage around town is mid 30's but on the freeway it averaged 48 MPG with ECON turned on! The 140HP engine is a good balance of power to vehicle weight. Steering and brakes are very precise and IMID make driving the car a fun experience."

48.5 MPG on Freeway with ECON enabled!

I Love My Civic!

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Classy interior/exterior; great standard features!"

Cons: "Engine update"

"My 2013 Honda Civic was the first car I ever bought and I am proud to say that it was worth every penny. My first impression was the overall exterior and interior has vastly improved over last years model which I'm glad to say I picked the right year model in return for only paying almost the same price! Standard features like Bluetooth,Pandora Internet Radio, back up camera, USB along with minor additions such as mudguards, rear tinted windows,door guards, and pro-kit suspensions for under $20,000 is an excellent value! The dashboard looks very futuristic and helps guide you for better fuel efficiency which is around 32 mpg city and highway! The driving dynamics are impressive. I am impressed by how quite the road noise is within the car and everything you expect from a Honda Civic is all there. Some things that need improvement and I would like is a better engine that would increase horsepower, fuel efficiency, and sports manual mode in the car. Overall, I love this car and saving up for it was worth it!"

WOW great car

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "mileage, dash setup, total overall looks"

Cons: "alittle noisy but greatly improved over 2007 model"

"I purchased a EX-L civic for my daughter in 2007... as a graduation present...she is now married and still loves this car... It has had no mechanical problems and still looks like it did the day we drove it off the lot... I just purchased a 2012 3 months ago for gas reasons only... But me and my husband drive this car move than our other 2 large cars. It is very fun to drive, gas mileage amazing, and I love the way it looks both inside and out. Ignore the reviews and go get it..I did and so glad I did!!!'"