2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,739 - $21,568.

10/8.0

Based on 185 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Great car!

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great technology, pretty fast"

Cons: "exterior is good looking but could use some improv"

"Just bought this car the other day and i am loving it! I only use the eco when i want to slow down or dont want to use a lot of gas but i notice it does not accelerate as fast and i dont feel that "kick" , and it doesnt purr like it does without the eco. When the eco is turned off, i am always leaving people in my dust at red lights, the engine also sounds and feels awesome. The handling and turning is a delight aswell with this car. This was my first new car."

The 2013 Civic EX Sedan is a Winner

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "design, handling, charm, reliability"

Cons: "needed add on's for the ex model, accelaration mpg"

"This review is for the 2013 model. Designers brought back Honda fans', myself included, love of superior detail, the convenience of peppy agility, and good gas mileage. The 2013 Civic is fun to drive and charming. Turns are made on a dime. Although the car doesn't boast impressive numbers for horsepower, the car actually feels fast because of it's compact size and precise handling. The detailed interior and convenient controls, comfort of the seat, and perfectly-sized steering wheel make the driver trust that the car is there to serve him or her--not the other way around. The interesting color combinations, including dash displays, are easy on the eyes. All of these positive qualities converge to make the Civic feel extremely reliable and worth holding onto. This is exactly what I wanted when I considered purchasing a Honda. There are some opportunities with the Civic, but they are minor. The Ex sedan should have come with splash guards, side molding, and fog lamps. I had to make some extra purchases which brought the price up and reminded me that Honda's are a bit pricey. Also, the Ex should have keyless entry and start. The Bluetooth worked with my older android phone, but then stopped. I spent a couple of hours trying to work this out, but was unsuccessful. The gas mileage estimates are accurate, but I have had to accelerate much slower than expected to achieve the awesome gas mileage. Everything taken together, I would highly recommend this car to people of all ages."

Great Interior/Exterior, call it the baby limbo

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Good sound quality, great ext/interior appearance"

Cons: "Too much road vibration and wind noise inside"

It really wanted to fly, so I gave it wings

"Sitting inside a 2012 civic ex coup for the first time was like sitting inside a cockpit of an airplane. Mainly because of the dashboard has so many buttons to play with, and from the center of the dashboard it is tilted forward and is facing more towards the driver side, making the interior unlike any other car in the same price range. I love my from inside and out, but what bothers me the most when I am driving my car is that there is too much road vibration and wind noise inside the civc, when reaching speeds of fifty miles or above. For such reason, it makes commuting uncomfortable. With the powerful 360 watt speakers equipped in the car will make driving enjoyable, additional subwoofers need to be added to give the car an incredible sound quality. With such amazing sound quality you will be shocked and potentially space out. The coup appears amazing from the exterior with the limo tinted windows, but the coup does not give the flexibility for the passengers to access the back seat easily. Want more horsepower for racing, then this is not the car for you. With 145 hp, I never felt it was didn't had enough horsepower."

It really wanted to fly, so I gave it wings

great gas saver

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "comfort in gas saving"

Cons: "less power"

"you trade in power for money saved on great gas mileage. I don't mind driving with less power if it means having extra cash in my wallet. I don't have to drive and stare at the gasoline gage with a frown anymore like I do when I drive my suv. peace of mind is worth more than money! but here you get both."

Does most things well, lacks true performance...

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Reason: Upgrade

Pros: "Comfortable ride, smooth gearbox, sound/bluetooth"

Cons: "Closer to base model Civic performance"

"These 2012 Si's should hold up in resale value as they provide Honda reliability with a little more kick than an ordinary Civic. But this is far from a sports car; suspension is too soft. Lots of float and body roll on curves and tight turns accompanied by numb steering feel. Upgrades to 200 hp and more torque for 2012 are nice but the "punch" you're supposed to feel (V-TEC just kicked in!) at high revs is a let down. The odd thing about this drive is "rev float". Foot off the gas and clutch in, the rpm's do not drop until mutch later than a normal shift. I don't know if this was designed to help people find a gear or something, but it's very annoying. Advantages include a smooth-shifting manual gearbox plus good entertainment and technology package, however interior design is a bit awkward and uses materials that are very much on a budget."