2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,876 - $21,664.

10/8.0

Based on 173 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Excruciatingly uncomfortable

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "good mileage and horsepower"

Cons: "Excruciatingly uncomfortable"

"My 2014 Civic EX-L is so uncomfortable that in less than two months of driving it I have developed neck and low back pain. Despite all the power adjustments, it is impossible to find a comfortable position. The headrests are so far forward they push my head forward and down while forcing me to round my back. The steering wheel is too far away even with maximum telescoping, so I have to drive with my legs cramped up and my arms outstretched. The seat is too narrow and short and has no support. The leather is hard as a rock. Honda has loaded this car up with bling while making a mockery of comfort. It does get great mileage and has a lot of power, but so what if it is basically undriveable. I bought this car for long business trips, but now I dread getting in it even for an errand. If you have horrible posture and your head juts forward, this car might work for you, but I am a 5'6" woman with good posture. I have owned Civics for 20 years but this one is getting traded in at a big loss. I hope this review saves someone from making the mistake I made in assuming you can't go wrong with a Honda Civic."

Comfortable, Reliable, Efficient

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy. Residual value."

Cons: "Road noise. Slight under steer. Cheap interior !"

"Good value. Super efficient, economical. I drive like a geezer; get 47 / 52 mpg every tankful, 100% of the time,,,,data to prove it. Under steers slightly. Decent ride quality. Most disturbing - Road Noise! Tire / Road noise is Unbearable ! "Autostop" works flawlessly. A/C remains on during "Autostop" ; nice feature. Great value !"

I love this car

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

"It took a couple of days to get use to the position of the head rest but now I have my seat just right and the car is comfortable. This car get great gas mileage and the ride is very smooth. The inside of the car definitely not boring and easy access to everything is on the steering wheel."

Fantastic ride for this price range!

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to drive, great price"

Cons: "Criminals love to steal this car."

"This is a great car for this price range. I own the Honda Civic Si with summer tires. This car makes you just want to drive. It's fun and a great daily driver. This car has so many features that only more expensive cars have. This car has a six-speed close ratio manual transmission, a sport-tuned suspension, 17" wheels with performance tires, fantastic dash and all of the technology, a powerful 201 HP engine, and limited-slip differential found only on more expensive sports cars, and sound deadening for a nice quiet ride. You cannot beat this car for all of its feature at this price point. Honda has the best resale value around and great reliability. This is one great machine for this price!"

Good (not excelent) value

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "reliability, improved interior"

Cons: "boring drive, loud cabin"

"I test drove the Mazda3, Elantra and Veloster before buying the Civic and must say Mazda3 drove a LOT better than the civic. I ended up buying the civic because of the reliability and price - got a good deal on it. I do like the color, looks (awesome rims), dashboard (everybody comments on all these) and especially the backup camera. The acceleration and shifting (auto) feel weak and slow to me, so it's a boring but steady drive. I'm a little disappointed with the MPG as well, since on average I get 33MPG. They now use only synthetic oil which I believe extends the period of when you have to change oil (I just did my first change at over 8000miles)."

See if you qualify for