2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,626 - $21,489.

10/8.0

Based on 192 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

good but not great

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Honda engineering still at top of game"

Cons: "need to make the car quieter"

"I bought this car new for a long commute and comfortable seats. During the first 20,000 miles I kept accurate records for miles driven and gas consumed and averaged about 39 miles per gallon overall which was very impressive. Then the mileage started to drop to around 37 when I drove straight highway and around 29 in town. Now, at 43K it is getting 30 on the highway and 25 in town... there is no check engine light on but I am going to take it to the shop and have them do a diagnostic. I really have only a few issues with the car, otherwise it is a typically great Civic. I don't like the feel of the electric power steering and it has a lot road and wind noise. I recently went to the 2014 auto show in Portland and sat in every small car out there and nothing has the quality interior of a civic in my opinion. Our last civic, a 1991, was super reliable and this one is the same, except for the mileage issue which I hope is fixable."

Freeway Driver would love this

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Gas saving for freeway, Backup camera"

Cons: "Not for snowboard"

"Starting to own this Civic on 1/10/13 in Monrovia for $20500. With travel from OC area to LA with mostly traffic @35mpg improve to @39mpg when I change work that can have all freeway miles against traffic. It is not a car that 6 feet person will feel comfortable in. For people about 5 feet, it is uncomfortable for their length to step on the gas while sitting tall enough to see the traffic. Fun part with this car is the backup camera. You not only can turn it on with reverse shift, but you can hold the "source"+"menu" button to activate the "secret menu". It allows you to turn on the backup camera while driving forward. Disappointed while I expect the back seat can fold one seat down to put two snowboard, but the space in the gap is not enough for it to fit in. It requires two seat side down for the board to fit."

Good car for the price

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Safe, reliable, handles well."

Cons: "Noisy on the highway"

"I got this car after my Subaru was totaled in an accident. It handles well in the snow, gets good gas mileage, is comfortable. It is a little noisier than I'd like on the highway. That is my only complaint. Great car for the price! I like it!"

Love It!!

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun little car and roomy in back and fun features!"

Cons: "I wish they had darker seats n light color cars!"

"I bought this car for my daughter brand new on 11/11/11... We share it right now and I Really ENJOY driving this 2012 Civic!! It gets great gas mileage, the options in the car are WONDERFUL!!! My daughter hooks her phone up on the blue tooth for her music which is great because when the phone rings she can answer from the steering wheel and continue driving without getting distracted!!! We still don't know how to work all the features yet... I'm sure when my daughter takes over completely she will learn them all... I do wish the window's came tinted, but I love Love that I don't have to change the oil until every 5,000 miles and also when you buy the car they don't try and tell you that you have to buy the floor mats and I also love they have nice thick rubber mats in front floor board and 1 long one that covers the entire back floor board they go under the floor matts for extra protection!! I would definitely buy another!! The New Civic's have the back up camera, I do wish we had this feature, but we still Love this car!!"

As good as my previious hondas.

By on Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pros: "Trade in good, gas good, instruments good"

Cons: "Computer hard to learn"

"2012 as good or better than my 2006. Gas mileage better, instruments OK but no temp gage. Small console storage."