2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,866 - $21,659.

10/8.0

Based on 174 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

So Close to Perfection

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "Refined, Fun to Drive, Value, Ride, Quality"

Cons: "Lack of Road Feel in Steering, Replacing bulbs"

"I have an EX Coupe w/ 5 speed manual and I love it. My only complaints are that the headlight bulbs will be a pain to change if I do ever need to replace them as there are other components blocking them, and that the steering (although very precise and responsive) has little feeling of the road in it. Some other electric steering systems have a much better feel of the road in the steering. Other than those two things, it can't get much better than this!!"

Great sporty vehicle

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "CVT, comfortable, controls, fuel economy, styling"

"great gas mileage. CVT transmission is smooth in ratios and controls for the LX Base model a plus. Civic handles great it came with rear backup camera, blue tooth, love everything in digital blue as got a wide dashboard on a roomier interior. The Honda seems more luxury with styling with bigger lights and eco mode is also best on giving me adequate ride having a better ride while in use. Love the cloth bucket seats they are so comfortably this car is just the best size for me I'm a taller person 6'2'' and (184lbs) being a smaller car its plenty of spacious. Pandora capability and all the electronics are well quality built on Civic love my car being best for a base model."

good but not great

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Honda engineering still at top of game"

Cons: "need to make the car quieter"

"I bought this car new for a long commute and comfortable seats. During the first 20,000 miles I kept accurate records for miles driven and gas consumed and averaged about 39 miles per gallon overall which was very impressive. Then the mileage started to drop to around 37 when I drove straight highway and around 29 in town. Now, at 43K it is getting 30 on the highway and 25 in town... there is no check engine light on but I am going to take it to the shop and have them do a diagnostic. I really have only a few issues with the car, otherwise it is a typically great Civic. I don't like the feel of the electric power steering and it has a lot road and wind noise. I recently went to the 2014 auto show in Portland and sat in every small car out there and nothing has the quality interior of a civic in my opinion. Our last civic, a 1991, was super reliable and this one is the same, except for the mileage issue which I hope is fixable."

Freeway Driver would love this

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Gas saving for freeway, Backup camera"

Cons: "Not for snowboard"

"Starting to own this Civic on 1/10/13 in Monrovia for $20500. With travel from OC area to LA with mostly traffic @35mpg improve to @39mpg when I change work that can have all freeway miles against traffic. It is not a car that 6 feet person will feel comfortable in. For people about 5 feet, it is uncomfortable for their length to step on the gas while sitting tall enough to see the traffic. Fun part with this car is the backup camera. You not only can turn it on with reverse shift, but you can hold the "source"+"menu" button to activate the "secret menu". It allows you to turn on the backup camera while driving forward. Disappointed while I expect the back seat can fold one seat down to put two snowboard, but the space in the gap is not enough for it to fit in. It requires two seat side down for the board to fit."

Good car for the price

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Safe, reliable, handles well."

Cons: "Noisy on the highway"

"I got this car after my Subaru was totaled in an accident. It handles well in the snow, gets good gas mileage, is comfortable. It is a little noisier than I'd like on the highway. That is my only complaint. Great car for the price! I like it!"