2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,917 - $21,693.

10/8.0

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

The worst car I owned had driving in the snow!

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "The interior is great. Has all that I need."

"The car is great on gas. Comfortable on road trips. Stereo and disc work great. I have a small grade down my driveway. The car could not make it up the driveway. I had less than 1/4 inch of snow. ( no ice ). Coming home from the office there is a hill. Car would not make it up the hill. Was stuck with horns honking behind me. Truly the worst car I ever owned driving in the snow. Disappointed."

Quiet?! Are you kidding me?

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "love the right turn camera"

Cons: "NOISE"

"I thought this was it! My new car. I currently own a Honda so I know that they are great cars. This site and several other mention how quiet this car is. Please. I measured it against the CRZ [yep - the honda known for being noisy] with a sound meter driving over the exact stretch of HWY at the same speed- Air conditioning off. According to the sound meter, this was 1 dB quieter - only 1. I can't distinguish 1 dB, can you? All I could do was wonder if reviewers are getting paid to say it is quiet. I was completely disappointed - crushed actually. Loved soooo much about the car - love the right turn camera - one test drive and I think it should be on every car."

2012 Honda Civic LX: In Love!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Great gas Mileage, fun to drive, decent price, LCD"

Cons: "A little confusing at first, road noise, stereo"

"I've been researching for months and finally, once I saw a special for financing options in tandem with a lowered internet price I had to act. Bought the car for Thirteen Seven (Excluding taxes and such), and I absolutely love it, rides great, the road noise is honestly not as bad as people make it out to be, the only issue is the sound system really isn't that good, if you're a normal radio listener you'll hardly notice a difference, but I'm a tech junkie and this just did not sound up to par, other than that, I literally am obsessed with this car."

29K/27 months Honda total car warranty. Perfect!

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Honda dependability; Honda bumper/bumber warranty."

Cons: "Doors heavy for older woman."

"Bought new 9/30/12 for older lady who wants a hatchback Fit. No signs of wear. Still smells like a new car. Great gas mileage and carefree driving. Silver exterior with NO blemishes. Always garaged. Detailed, washed, waxed by professional detailer friend every two weeks; No signs of being used, or wear or mechanical problems. Dealer installed hands free Bluetooth phone ($300). Oil changes and service once a year. 4K of the miles are highway miles. Remote entry, no tire wear, no dents or dings or even gravel pitting anywhere. Mats, trunk mat, splash guards. Non-smoker; perfect car for someone who does not want to worry about their car or any surprises. Air, Fold down rear seat. This car is showroom condition: no spots, wrinkles, or anything that says anything but NEW! Perfect for graduation or Christmas or other gift. Really fine economy with Honda reputation all the way."

Exceptional Overall Value

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Unmatched overall value, it does everything well."

Cons: "Rear seat space limited, fuel efficy not so great"

"When I had to replace my old vehicle, I did a VERY thorough market research based on strict criteria. Test-drove about 10 vehicles and settled on the 2013 Civic Touring. This vehicle is quite different from the 2012 and it exceeds most of my expectations. It's fun to drive, responsive, has a decent amount of technology, it's top safety pick +. It does almost everything very well. Honda has not skimped on adding a lot of value for a vehicle that's NOT in the luxury segment. The looks are not striking at first, but it grows on you with time. It has an under-stated contemporary elegance. In addition to all that, maintenance costs are low. All in all it's a very high quality vehicle, designed and built with a lot of "love". I fully plan to own this vehicle for at least 15 years. I originally wanted to buy the hybrid version but all the Honda dealers that I spoke with discouraged me from the hybrid. Weird, since it's a bit more expensive..."

Ok car for a teen

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "The looks of this car amazing"

Cons: "couldve gotten a better version of it"

"I was so excited about this car before it came out. I absolutely love the car I have the LX version. a few months later i wanted an upgraded version to the ex or ex l because of the features that it lacked in the lx so i regretted getting the lx i want the ex one now or the SI."

GREAT CAR

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY"

Cons: "LITTLE MORE POWER"

"I BOUGHT THIS CAR FOR THE GIRL FRIEND TO COMMUTE TO WORK, AND FOR US TO PLAY ON THE WEEKENDS. ITS GET 38.6 mpg,IT DRIVES GREAT, GOOD VISIBILITY, AND JUST A GREAT ALL AROUND CAR .HOPE TO GET 200.000 MILES OUT OF IT."

I love this car. Bought new 2 1/2 years ago.

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage. Very comfortable. Fun to drive."

Cons: "Bit of a blind spot driver's side mirror."

"Very comfortable front and back seats. Great gas mileage locally and even better on the highway. Great tech package. Looks great. Plenty of power for what I need. Can't recommend it highly enough."

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Performance, Fuel efficient, Honda reliability!!!"

Cons: "Interior lighting, Navi as standard would be nice"

"I've owned A 2013 Civic SI sedan for about 16 months now and I am exceptionally happy with it. The inline 4 engine in the SI delivers the perfect amount of power (205HP) and torque (174) without the need of turbos or add-on accessories. The traction control meshes with this power beautifully and I have to really try to break the tires during take off. Further more I average 27MPG in the city and 34 on the highway when I'm not pushing the engine too hard, and it loves to be pushed and sounds great doing it! In addition the brakes stop on a dime with very little fade coming down mountain roads. Interior design is attractive with tons of room (I'm 6'3") and the seats are tough and comfortable. I do wish interior foot well lighting was standard and wish there was better overall interior lighting, but it is not bad just a little lacking. I've had various other cars, trucks and SUV's from Ford, Chevy, Dodge and Honda, and this car beats them all and for only 25K. Overall Honda has nailed the driver interface in this vehicle and I love it. It makes me love driving again."

Falls short of expectations

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage, nice interior and instruments"

Cons: "weak brakes, anemic engine, wanders"

"Let me just say this upfront. I am glad I leased this vehicle and not purchased it. Why you ask? Hows this for a list of negatives: brakes require too much force to stop car, worst sounding stereo ever; no bass, alot of sqeeches and rattles, they hide the coolant resevior way down low so you can't check the level, the car wanders all over the road at highway speeds and requires alot of corrections, badly needs a 6th gear as the engine revs too high at 70 mph or higher. In addition it is a horrible handler and not tossable like the civics of yesteryear. Not a fun car at all.. In my opinion anyway. The things I like: decent MPG. I was getting about 37 with mostly highway driving, and alittle more than 34 in mixed. The suspension does a good job of soaking up bumps and is well isolated. No complaints on the clutch and shifter. They do their jobs well and the clutch has just the right amount of resistance. I really love the instrumentation that is unique for Honda. Visibility is good and interior sound has been improved from previous years. It is really missing the persoality that some cars, like the Fit ooze. I will be glad when my lease term is up that is for sure... Good day."