2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,938 - $21,714.

10/8.0

Based on 172 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

HAS EVERYTHING BEING LIKE A LUXURY CAR

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Ride, gas mileage, controls, audio, blind spot"

Cons: "uncomfortable at times"

"Love my EX Civic on everything being like a top of the line vehicle. Its great in a smoother ride includes a new CVT transmission that isn't bad at all. Controls are excellent from having HONDALINK, blue tooth, Pandora, SXM, rear backup cam, heated seats, quiet drive and available eco mode that is best on giving a nicer ride to the car. The engine very powerful wish was available in a V6 but the 4 cylinder is awesome on performance of sports car instead economical car. The Civic with EX package came with blind spot monitoring, love the digital readouts on HVAC system and audio system while everything electronic is above the dashboard center. This car is roomier and is cream of the crop love the better resale value has its a excellent vehicle for the blue book price its looks more sportier but mostly luxury on the options included for EX package I have bought on this car. Its a really handsome compact car ever had even love the refreshed styling and better upgrades Honda gave the Civic on making it earn a better price and having a perfect resale value."

Great car

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "sleek design, great fuel economy"

Cons: "no horsepower, few add-ons"

"I have the EX-L. I am disappointed in the manual seat adjustments and lack of dual-climate control. It seems like an EX-L would have more options than they do. When I compare it to my husbands Ford Fusion, it lacks in extras. However, the fuel economy of the Civic is phenomenal, but it also has very little pick-up and go. Its a great car, I just wished it had more "things" going on in the interior."

WOW great car

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "mileage, dash setup, total overall looks"

Cons: "alittle noisy but greatly improved over 2007 model"

"I purchased a EX-L civic for my daughter in 2007... as a graduation present...she is now married and still loves this car... It has had no mechanical problems and still looks like it did the day we drove it off the lot... I just purchased a 2012 3 months ago for gas reasons only... But me and my husband drive this car move than our other 2 large cars. It is very fun to drive, gas mileage amazing, and I love the way it looks both inside and out. Ignore the reviews and go get it..I did and so glad I did!!!'"

I love my civic. ignore consumer reports!

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "great great great on gas"

Cons: "bumpy"

"I drive 50-70 miles per day. I love my civic. I'm 6' 4" 250 and I fit comfortably! I get 36-39 miles per gallon. Consumer reports spent quite awhile complaining about this vehicle. Ignore it. Is the cabin noisy... yes, so turn on the radio! It's a great vehicle and it's a honda! 80% built in the states. 5"

Wow!!! Honda

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, resale value,I-Mid Display"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I just traded a 2008 Nissan Frontier V6 for my 2012 Civic EX. The Frontier was sucking my wallet dry. I was only getting 16 miles to the gallon. I've owned the civis for almost a week now and im really impressed. The I-Mid display showed i was getting 36mpg after driving 385 miles. After gassing up i was actually getting 39mpg! The eco drive button really helps you save gas, but do not try to merge into traffic with it on cause you will not make it! Interior does have a lot of hard plastics, but so did my Frontier and it cost $10,000 more. The car does have notable road noise on rough roads, but the volume button cures that. People please go out and test drive this car and dont let the bad car magazines reviews make your decisions for you!"

I had no idea a small car could be so good.

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, steering, interior room, smooth"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I have been a Cadillac driver for years. The Civic steers better, corners better and brakes better. Road noise is higher than the Caddy, but that is expected. I just love this car and do not plan to purchase a luxury car again. I think I am hooked on this Civic."

My first car! Really like itI

By on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pros: "Great mpg, decent looks, digital speedometer"

Cons: "Noise at high speeds, elongated shape"

"I really like my Honda Civic LX 2012. The digital speedometer and display is great, and is one of the best features. This car gives killer mileage on Eco mode (I get 32 city & 40 highway) but is also quick to respond when I get out of Eco mode. My little complaint is that car is little too noisy on road compared to its competitors. Also they have made the overall shape too smooth and elongated."

Solid, reliable, and very efficient

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "Mpg, price, easy around town to park and drive"

Cons: "Noisy cabin on highway with road noise"

"Owned it for 2 years now and it has been flawless averaging 38.8 mpg. Not the quietest ride but for the mpg and price...can't do better"

Better than my 2012!

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Cost less than my 2012!"

Cons: "Build quality & rear brake noise issues."

"BIG improvement from my 2012 Civic. Build quality still needs improving (plant issues?), rear brakes still clunk when reversing (Honda trait on Accords too), but overall I am happy with the redesign. Replaced the OEM tires with a different brand & have better ride/handling & warranty now. Interior materials look much improved also. This is my 9th Civic."

Great Interior/Exterior, call it the baby limbo

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Good sound quality, great ext/interior appearance"

Cons: "Too much road vibration and wind noise inside"

It really wanted to fly, so I gave it wings

"Sitting inside a 2012 civic ex coup for the first time was like sitting inside a cockpit of an airplane. Mainly because of the dashboard has so many buttons to play with, and from the center of the dashboard it is tilted forward and is facing more towards the driver side, making the interior unlike any other car in the same price range. I love my from inside and out, but what bothers me the most when I am driving my car is that there is too much road vibration and wind noise inside the civc, when reaching speeds of fifty miles or above. For such reason, it makes commuting uncomfortable. With the powerful 360 watt speakers equipped in the car will make driving enjoyable, additional subwoofers need to be added to give the car an incredible sound quality. With such amazing sound quality you will be shocked and potentially space out. The coup appears amazing from the exterior with the limo tinted windows, but the coup does not give the flexibility for the passengers to access the back seat easily. Want more horsepower for racing, then this is not the car for you. With 145 hp, I never felt it was didn't had enough horsepower."

It really wanted to fly, so I gave it wings

Great thing that I waited!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, suspension. Quite road noise."

Cons: "Lack of cup holders in rear seats, no 60/40 seats"

"I was in the market to buy a Civic since summer 2012, but I just did not like the 2012 civics. They had cheap interior, loud road noise, and the suspension was not great. I waited for the 2013 models to arrive, and do not regret it! The interior is much superior compared to the 2012. I bought a Civic LX which comes standard with great security features such as back up camera, and bluetooth. Overall the car looks better, the redesigned is much more superior to that of the 2012. I bought it on December 11, 2012. 19,500 OTD with protection package, and security alarm.. Overall the car is amazing I drive 120 miles roundtrip on days I have school so this car gets me great gas mileage! Love it! Also if you plan to buy it and have a Costco membership, definitely recommend to utilize it. Also there is programs like the AMEX, or True car. I used my costco membership. Overall content with my purchase."

Love this car.

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

"I bought this car out of state and drove it home to Ohio , a 400 mile trip. Th e car peformed well and I did not experience any road noise. Average 42.6 mpg and that was through a number of towns where the speed limit flucuatedn between 45 and 55. Fun to drive and a great experience so far."

Great car with excellent gas milage

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage , seat comfort, reliability"

Cons: "Rear and side view vision"

"EX-L sedan. Have owned car for 4 months with 6500 miles. Get 42 mpg highway and 38 mpg rural. I have owned 2 previous civics which have been completely trouble free. I like style both inside and outside with exception of hard plastic dash. The heated leather seats are very comfortable and I have a bad back. The wind noise and handing are fine for me. Overall a great car that I got at a great price of less then $20,000."

Very pleased, have owned for about 9 months

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, comfort and value."

Cons: "Not as comfortable as my previous Accords."

"Have had the 2013 Civic EX-L for about 9 months and 17,000 miles and have been very pleased. After 3 consecutive Accord EX-L's (2003, 2006, & 2010-all passed along to my children) I wanted to try something smaller with a little better fuel economy. Last summer I averaged 35-36 mpg in mixed city/highway driving, a little lower this very cold winter. Best mileage was last fall on long driving trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons where we averaged 40-41 mpg and had one tankful where we got 45. Very comfortable small car although I do miss the comfort of the larger Accord on long highway drives. Much quieter and more comfortable than the 2005 Civic we bought for my daughter when she was in high school."

Not the product Honda is known for

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Good price, great standard features"

Cons: "Shoddy quality interior materials, uncomfortable"

"I wish that I had researched consumer reviews before purchasing my 2012 Civic because in hindsight, many of the reviews that I have since read relay issues that I have faced since purchasing this vehicle. My biggest complaint from the beginning (and it is my own fault for not putting more emphasis on this during my car search)has been the sub-par quality of the interior materials in the car. The floor carpet and seating is a cheap material. I have since observed better quality in both a Kia model and a Hyundai model. The best feature of the Civic is undoubtedly the technology: the standard blue tooth access and ease of use of the technological features. The cons outnumber the pros for me though. Two years into ownership, I have had to replace the battery. After reading other reviews, it seems that the battery issue is a common problem with other owners of this model, although the dealership doesn't acknowledge a manufacturer's problem. The driving and front passenger seating is uncomfortable. The exterior paint started chipping at 12,00 miles. Many of these issues are probably to be expected from this price-point; but I expected Honda to be step above other manufacturers of economic sedans. Overall, I sadly say this will be my last Honda; and I will not recommend the Civic (the 2nd one I've owned) to others."

owned 2012 fit this is much better value

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "great price;gas milage;ride"

Cons: "no rear cup holders"

"this car for money is twice the car of our 2012 fit and gets better gas milage"

Love my baby

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, fun to drive, sporty, fast, smoothe"

Cons: "None yet"

"This is my first car buying on my own. I drove my dads 98 Acura tl for roughly 5 years. It recently fell into a lot of mechanical issues so I figured it's time for a new car and something RELIABLE, Safe, and FAST ;)! I'd been in the market for awhile and always wanted a Honda Civic. Well..let me just tell you, I am in love!! It is a very comfortable car that fits the driver. It has great speed pickup! The couple gives for a great sexy sporty look ! *One thing I will note and advise is to watch out for your blind spots. I know a couple of other people have mentioned this because its TRUE!"

It's a great car, no problems

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "The lowest model is packed"

Cons: "No cup holders in the back"

"I am astounded by the bad reviews i saw for this car on here. I bought this car in August and it's the best car our family has ever owned. I like changing the oil myself. This car is the easiest car to change the oil. The oil cover on the bottom comes off simply by just unscrewing four screws with a number 3 philips screwdriver."

Plenty of satisfying features for the economy car

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "MPG!, comfortable, smooth drive, new features"

Cons: "highway drive, side mirrors, slower acceleration"

"I recently had a car that was loaded for an 05 model and was not completely ready to get rid of it but under certain circumstances I was looking for a car with more advantages for the future. As soon I sat down in the 2013 Honda Civic I was immediately relieved and satisfied. The interior was comfortable and stylish for a more basic car. The feel of the car was actually quite satisfying going from a V6 to a 2.0 4-cyl. motor. The steering wheel was fluid and the gas and break pedals were not too soft or too hard. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the dash being so far back and with digital reading for speed and gas, but I'm liking it better. I really enjoy the features it includes like the back up camera, econ button, and blue tooth. The side rear view mirrors don't help at all and the wind shield wipers don't do their job well. The ride could be a little less bumpy, and when I drive on the interstate or highway I feel like I'm about to blow away because its harder to control. I'm still not satisfied with the slow acceleration but I guess that's to be expected. Other than that I am overall satisfied in a more basic car that's not loaded because Honda did a great job in offering plenty to make up for it!"

Efficient, Reliable, just awesome!

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "great price, great mpg, convenient"

"Love this car, I stay loyal to Honda. Very efficient and economical. with almost 34mpg and a great stereo system, turn on some music and go for a ride! Oh, and the legroom is great, I am 5' 11' and fit comfortably. Test drive or buy one today! Your wallet will love you"

Great car at a great price

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Great price and plenty of room"

"First "small" car ever. I actually bought this car for it's gas mileage. But the fact that I'm 6'3"/270lbs and can get in this car WITH my cowboy hat on is a testament to this automobile. There are some trucks that I can't do that in. I love this car and I drive it about 100 miles every day to work and back. I will buy another if and when I wear this one out. Thanks Honda."

Loving my Civic!!

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "Bluetooth, Navigation, fun to drive, great on gas"

Cons: "no tinted windows, gets hot in the backseat area"

"I just bought my Civic Si about a month or two ago and I love it!! It is so fun and easy to drive. I have the standard trans and I wouldn't trade it for the world. The seats are great on my back so far and very comfortable from all seats in the car. I also like the black interior. The Navigation is wonderful since I seem to get lost alot, LOL. The bluetooth is phenomenol! I feel very safe with with this car. I also love the fact that it only took me $40 to fill it up!!!"

love my car!

By on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, good reactions from others"

Cons: "flimsy plastic in interior"

"I've had my new civic for a little over a year and I still love it as much as the day I bought it! So fun to drive especially at night. The interior design is great- although a little flimsy on dash and side doors, the plastic could be stronger. Great gas milage on the highway...although not the greatest for cities/towns. If you are not driving it on the highway often, gas milage can range from 19-28mpg in the city. As soon as you drive on the highway the mpg will boost right up to be between 28-40mpg. Overall it is an wonderful car and I don't have any complaints."

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Nice looking, more power"

Cons: "a lot of plastic"

"I previously owned a 2011 white 4dr LX civic with 19k miles for a 2012 red 2dr. I love the car so much more. The changes that have been done to the car. The seats are much more comfortable. The interior is much better! The exterior is much prettier too."

my first car

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive. Great gas milage."

Cons: "The radio isnt that great."

"for it being my first NEW car it is a pretty good one at that. gas milage is really good i think averaging at 40 mpg. im on a leasing program i will most likey keep this car for the 3 yrs and trade it off for another honda. honda seems to be a good company to deal with."

See if you qualify for