2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,561 - $21,385.

10/8.0

Based on 183 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next

Wow!!! Honda

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, resale value,I-Mid Display"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I just traded a 2008 Nissan Frontier V6 for my 2012 Civic EX. The Frontier was sucking my wallet dry. I was only getting 16 miles to the gallon. I've owned the civis for almost a week now and im really impressed. The I-Mid display showed i was getting 36mpg after driving 385 miles. After gassing up i was actually getting 39mpg! The eco drive button really helps you save gas, but do not try to merge into traffic with it on cause you will not make it! Interior does have a lot of hard plastics, but so did my Frontier and it cost $10,000 more. The car does have notable road noise on rough roads, but the volume button cures that. People please go out and test drive this car and dont let the bad car magazines reviews make your decisions for you!"

I had no idea a small car could be so good.

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, steering, interior room, smooth"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I have been a Cadillac driver for years. The Civic steers better, corners better and brakes better. Road noise is higher than the Caddy, but that is expected. I just love this car and do not plan to purchase a luxury car again. I think I am hooked on this Civic."

Best Value for the price

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pros: "Price was unbeatable. Finance option was feasible"

"It's high on gas mileage"

happy with this car

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "handles great, good mpg, smooth ride"

Cons: "a bit of road noise, greater braking time"

"I bought my vehicle in May 2012, so far I love it.. great gas milage as compared to my 2004 Hyundai which was about 22 mi in the city and less w/ ac running. Now I get 28 mi or more mpg in the city so savings on gas is notable. Rides like a bigger model with some road noise, but not noticeable with radio on. Handles great, so I'm very pleased."

best vehicle ever!

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

"Great car!"

cant beat the quality and resale

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "resale and quality"

Cons: "a little to much body roll"

"had a nissan ser spec v befor and honda has a way better transmission."

Really Awesome & fun to drive car

By on Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, smooth, responsive, reliable, value"

"We are family of 5 and I have two BIG SUV's and they are gas guzllers, so I needed a car that fits us all comfortably, saves gas, looks good & reliable...I think I found all that in Honda Civic. I bought Civic HF and it is great, I don't feel its dragging whehn picking up from red light at the signal, even 5 of us in the car...so it has pretty good power, I don't hear bad noise on expressway when I am driving 60mph and above as others have mentioned, its got pretty good pick up to keep up with traffic on the highway and on the City. Gas milage on highway are amazing HF average is about 41 MPG but I am geting about close to 48 MPG on highway in ECON mode...Amazing. I am very happy with its interior design, steering and the pedal feels just right. Feels great to drive this car, pretty smooth and quite and very much responsive. I would highly recomend to anyone who's looking into this size car...Also, don't forget the retail value of this car...look at the history of used Civic, you will be happy when you ready to sell the car in the future to know this car does not loose as much value as others."

Don't know what the "experts are talking about"

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Good interior space, refined driving experience"

Cons: "no lumbar support"

"I don't know why the experts rated this car so poorly. As far as styling, I guess it's a matter of taste but I like it and find its interior to be very functional and roomy. Being a person of tall sitting height, I appreciate having the speedometer placed above the steering wheel. It has nicely refined, sure handling though it can be a little squishy when cornering hard. Some slighlty bigger sway bars may have helped in this area. It has plenty of power but you may need to downshift in order to get good acceleration for on-ramps and for passing. The transmission is obviously programmed to shift for gas mileage not performance. I would have opted for the manual transmission had I not have back issues that make using a clutch difficult. With conservative driving I am getting about 35mpg for mostly city but some highway driving. On long trips, I can get around 42 mpg on flat terrain with no cross or head wind. I don't understand why people are complaining about road noise; the car seems very quiet to me. My only significant complaint about this car is the lack of lumbar support. which may be only an issue for people like me with back problems because otherwise the seats are fairly comfortable. If this car had seats like the Chevy Cruze it would be absolutely perfect."

My first car! Really like itI

By on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pros: "Great mpg, decent looks, digital speedometer"

Cons: "Noise at high speeds, elongated shape"

"I really like my Honda Civic LX 2012. The digital speedometer and display is great, and is one of the best features. This car gives killer mileage on Eco mode (I get 32 city & 40 highway) but is also quick to respond when I get out of Eco mode. My little complaint is that car is little too noisy on road compared to its competitors. Also they have made the overall shape too smooth and elongated."

It's a civic

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Price, confort, excellent driving"

Cons: "Some interior materials, poor side visibility"

"This is my 5th civic 1989,1992,2000, 2004 and now the 2012 and i can say for sure; this is getting better! I felt a little down when i heard that there are comming changes for 2013 version and i confess that some times i feel a little desappointed whith the aparent quality of some interior materials or maybe the fact that Honda could put some gadgets, but when i think about all the process i did while deciding which car to buy, i tested 6 cars and NO ONE felt like the civic some has more gadgets, some apparently better interior some even less expensive but non like the civic. And lets be honest this I-MID rocks. It feels confortable to drive, the sterring is the best i have ever handle, every single botton is in the correct place, and when you hit the gas the engine makes a refine sound i really like it. My civic is the LX automatic version has just reach 3000 mls and so far so good."

I love my Honda. Never going to anything else

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, MPG's, Safety, Ease of use"

Cons: "Stereo, Blind spots"

"I bought the 2012 Civic 5 SPD Manual about three weeks ago. I do a lot of driving, and have had plenty of time to figure out the vehicle. Im going to start off with the gas mileage of the vehicle. I am getting 33 MPG with mostly city driving. The car is not very underpowered at all. The Engine pulls its weight compared to a lot of the other cars in its class that i have driven. A lot of people have complained about road noise, and I have to say that mine is actually very quiet. The interior is not as flashy as most cars in its class, but it still is sleek and new looking. The I-MID Screen is a nice feature to have. The stereo is not that great. Probably the only thing i want to gut out and change. The speakers sound like theyre going to blow even from the littlest stress of sound. I have some Diamond audio D6 component speakers im going to throw in theyre place soon. Driving the car is easy. A little bad with blind spots but its easy to get over. It has very nice handling... but coming from an Impala to a civic any smaller sedan or coupe would have great handling. All in all i love this car. I will definitely keep it for many years to come!"

Needs some catching up...

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "iMid Display and Econ Button is Great!"

Cons: "Only 2 Cup Holders (DX"

"Hopefully 2013 will bring some much needed amenities and features to this car. Ford Focus, Chevy Cruze, and Hyundai Elantra are getting ahead of the Civic and it is about time they need to redesign from the ground up. Looking forward to a new design and hopefully a hatchback version."

2012 much improved over last model

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, peppy feel, much improved"

Cons: "moderate road noise"

"I owned a 2010 civic and loved it. What I didn't like about the 2010 was addressed in the 2012.... better gas mileage (I get 42 hywy), the rear seat ( 3 inches) and the noise and comfort level. (much better now). But other reviewers ... even the pros, rated it lower. Even consumer reports took it off their recommended list. I don't get it. Yes the design is not for everyone and they use hard plastic instead of soft ... but hard plastic will never crack in the sun and I never need to armour all it!. It's also improved in the safety area getting high marks for a small car. six air bags. So shoot me if I rate this higher because of all the improvements, but a hard dash does not negate all those improvements."

Great car!!!

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cons: "cheap interior"

"Love it!!! A little bit cheap interior. For an extra 2k get the EX model. I own the LX and it feels very stock. Other than that great car!"

Loving my Civic!!

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "Bluetooth, Navigation, fun to drive, great on gas"

Cons: "no tinted windows, gets hot in the backseat area"

"I just bought my Civic Si about a month or two ago and I love it!! It is so fun and easy to drive. I have the standard trans and I wouldn't trade it for the world. The seats are great on my back so far and very comfortable from all seats in the car. I also like the black interior. The Navigation is wonderful since I seem to get lost alot, LOL. The bluetooth is phenomenol! I feel very safe with with this car. I also love the fact that it only took me $40 to fill it up!!!"

love my car!

By on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, good reactions from others"

Cons: "flimsy plastic in interior"

"I've had my new civic for a little over a year and I still love it as much as the day I bought it! So fun to drive especially at night. The interior design is great- although a little flimsy on dash and side doors, the plastic could be stronger. Great gas milage on the highway...although not the greatest for cities/towns. If you are not driving it on the highway often, gas milage can range from 19-28mpg in the city. As soon as you drive on the highway the mpg will boost right up to be between 28-40mpg. Overall it is an wonderful car and I don't have any complaints."

Love it got the ex-l

By on Wednesday, June 06, 2012

"My second brand new honda civic love it.. I personally myselfI will not invest in another automobile that it is not Honda ... Love itttt... Amazing cars..."

Overall great little car

By on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pros: "MPG, Steering, Brakes, IMID system."

Cons: "Trunk Lid Insulation Missing from Dealer!"

48.5 MPG on Freeway with ECON enabled!

"The vehicle mileage around town is mid 30's but on the freeway it averaged 48 MPG with ECON turned on! The 140HP engine is a good balance of power to vehicle weight. Steering and brakes are very precise and IMID make driving the car a fun experience."

48.5 MPG on Freeway with ECON enabled!

Love this car.

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

"I bought this car out of state and drove it home to Ohio , a 400 mile trip. Th e car peformed well and I did not experience any road noise. Average 42.6 mpg and that was through a number of towns where the speed limit flucuatedn between 45 and 55. Fun to drive and a great experience so far."

Great car with excellent gas milage

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage , seat comfort, reliability"

Cons: "Rear and side view vision"

"EX-L sedan. Have owned car for 4 months with 6500 miles. Get 42 mpg highway and 38 mpg rural. I have owned 2 previous civics which have been completely trouble free. I like style both inside and outside with exception of hard plastic dash. The heated leather seats are very comfortable and I have a bad back. The wind noise and handing are fine for me. Overall a great car that I got at a great price of less then $20,000."

Its honda or nothing in non luxury cars

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, peace of mind"

Cons: "bit higher to other cars"

"I am fan of Honda's design, aerodynamics, interior, and other features"

Love This Car

By on Wednesday, May 09, 2012

"I have a 99 civic with 200,000 miles and just added the 2012 civic to my car family. Love it! I have not had any issue with outside or wind noise. Love my civics!!"

Quietest civic (our third) - up to 80MPH

By on Monday, May 07, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, confident drivability, great tech package."

Cons: "Overly aggressive head restraint position."

"Have yet to drive more than 12 miles from home and we are averaging the advertised 44 MPG. Can't relate to all the reviews about road noise. This car is as quiet as our Cadillac CTS. It also has the cleanest center stack of any car I have been in. Most of the nav and audio controls are accessed by the touchscreen - or by voice command. Bluetooth works great. The near headsup display console is easy to get used to and is less quirky than the Prius. It has the typically confident road handling of a Civic. The one professional critique of less impressive interior is truly Honda conservative. The new leather aroma is less than pleasant."

First New Car

By on Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pros: "Almost everything"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"2012 LX Manual makes driving so much more fun. Engine is smooth, back seat room is amazing for a small car, looks better than any other small car in its class, and has alot of bells and whistles for a basic model car. Amazing amount of car for the price, I think it is a steal. However, seems like the blind spots are large, engine seems underpowered with A/C cranked up, and plugs-oil filter are under the engine...ugh. Minor issues though overall. I can see myself giving it to my kid in 13 years when he is in high school. I love it!"

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Nice looking, more power"

Cons: "a lot of plastic"

"I previously owned a 2011 white 4dr LX civic with 19k miles for a 2012 red 2dr. I love the car so much more. The changes that have been done to the car. The seats are much more comfortable. The interior is much better! The exterior is much prettier too."

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next