2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,561 - $21,385.

10/8.0

Based on 185 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

I hope the next Civic is improved

By on Monday, April 01, 2013

"The quality is below average, the automatic transmission is not smooth but clunks and shifts hard, overall this generation Civic should not have been released for sale. I hope Honda learns from this mistake. I am looking at Toyota or Nissan before I consider another Honda."

The worst car I owned had driving in the snow!

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "The interior is great. Has all that I need."

"The car is great on gas. Comfortable on road trips. Stereo and disc work great. I have a small grade down my driveway. The car could not make it up the driveway. I had less than 1/4 inch of snow. ( no ice ). Coming home from the office there is a hill. Car would not make it up the hill. Was stuck with horns honking behind me. Truly the worst car I ever owned driving in the snow. Disappointed."

Exceptional Overall Value

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Unmatched overall value, it does everything well."

Cons: "Rear seat space limited, fuel efficy not so great"

"When I had to replace my old vehicle, I did a VERY thorough market research based on strict criteria. Test-drove about 10 vehicles and settled on the 2013 Civic Touring. This vehicle is quite different from the 2012 and it exceeds most of my expectations. It's fun to drive, responsive, has a decent amount of technology, it's top safety pick +. It does almost everything very well. Honda has not skimped on adding a lot of value for a vehicle that's NOT in the luxury segment. The looks are not striking at first, but it grows on you with time. It has an under-stated contemporary elegance. In addition to all that, maintenance costs are low. All in all it's a very high quality vehicle, designed and built with a lot of "love". I fully plan to own this vehicle for at least 15 years. I originally wanted to buy the hybrid version but all the Honda dealers that I spoke with discouraged me from the hybrid. Weird, since it's a bit more expensive..."

Great car for any age

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Practicality, affordibility, clean and crisp look"

Cons: "Had to buy side moulding to prevent door dings"

"I went from a 2010 inferno orange Camaro RS to a 2013 brushed metal Civic EX. I have owned Honda's in the past, including a 2005 silver Civic LX. I decided on a newly designed Civic after growing sick of the huge blind spot in the modern Camaro and its worsening gas mileage. The funny thing about owning a sporty Camaro, in a highly populated area, was that I began receiving more negative attention from a plethora of rough necks as the novelty of the Camaro has begun to subside in our car culture. Plus, the Camaro's 304 horse power motor had little use in stop-and-go rush hour traffic, and I had a growing disdain of the cheap plastic interior. Three years into the Camaro, I really began missing the practicality and tranquility of my 2005 Civic. Also at work, I drive the company Prius on occasion, and I began thinking that the fuel economy and anonymity of the Prius or a compact car would not make me long for the power of the Camaro after it was gone. I began researching 2013 compacts. I considered the Prius, but the reports on more expensive hybrids versus fuel efficient compact cars caused me to feel iffy about going green. I thought about the Hyundai Volester, but realized that I would be drawing more attention again as I did with youthful Camaro. The Hyundai reviews weren't great for this car either. I thought maybe I should I consider the Prius C. The reviews weren’t that bad. After a quick trip on the Toyota lot, I quickly changed my mind. Luckily I wasn’t greeted. The Prius C, which is even smaller than the larger Prius, seemed too expensive and much too tiny. I realized that the Honda's 140 horse power motor and gas mileage might be a much better option—and perhaps a lifesaver. The Prius is just too slow on its pick up in emergency situations unless it is in the power mode or floored. After leaving Toyota, I decided to travel to the Honda dealership. I wanted to get a feel of the Civic’s exterior and interior. I was impressed with the entire car. The outside looked modern and crisp. The wheels were fresh. It didn't look like a boring coupe or a college student’s car. I was so glad to see that there wasn't a bad angle on the entire car (I hated the 2005 Civic's back end). The salesman was awesome. I took the car for a spin. The dash blew me away with the double deck and array of vivid blue colors. The car interior was gorgeous. The designers realized the importance of contrasts. The seats were much more comfortable than my previous Civic. The Civic drove like it was on tracks. The steering was super tight. The agile handling and visibility compared to a big tankish Camaro resonated with me. The turn signals clicked tightly too. The stereo had clarity and enough wattage for those days. The visibility, which my Camaro was sorely lacking, sold me. I felt safe; the car felt fun and as modern as it can get. I bought the car. I have commuted to and from work the entire week. I love the car. There is no buyer’s remorse. I feel like a grown up again. I just smile when I see those Camaro's and other high cost of ownership cars go zooming by to keep those egos in check. There are hidden joys found in modesty. The Civic delivers! :)"

This car is perfect and will last a long time!!!

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "comfortable and no hump in middle back seat!!"

Cons: "Trunck space could be better and needs 6 speed"

"I want this car becuse it is a comfortable and last a long time. It is a fact that the longest lasting car on the road is the Honda Civic many honda Civics that were built in the 90s are still aroung today. Well worth the buy my good friend has one."

2013 SI Coupe w navi

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "Interior features, ergonomics, seats, performance"

Cons: "road noise"

"owned it for 3 weeks now and am quite satisfied - having owned several sports cars over the years I am completely satisfied with the performance of this little car - not as intimidating as more powerful rear drive – confidence building in the rain – corners unlike a front drive car – stops well – compliant ride – a little noisy – excellent shifting gearbox for the money – great fun to push hard – came back to Honda and am happy I have so far!"

Practical, Quality

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Great price, Quality"

"I've been in the market of Lexus and Acura only for more than ten decades, but with the current economy, I only have few choices but to shop for a practical car that fits my needs and that's when I found this new love which is the HONDA CIVIC, I never thought that I can satisfy myself with this car, It's a little more noise in the cabin but hey... It's not as bad as I thought, I'm having fun driving this car. It's a top notch."

WOW great car

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "mileage, dash setup, total overall looks"

Cons: "alittle noisy but greatly improved over 2007 model"

"I purchased a EX-L civic for my daughter in 2007... as a graduation present...she is now married and still loves this car... It has had no mechanical problems and still looks like it did the day we drove it off the lot... I just purchased a 2012 3 months ago for gas reasons only... But me and my husband drive this car move than our other 2 large cars. It is very fun to drive, gas mileage amazing, and I love the way it looks both inside and out. Ignore the reviews and go get it..I did and so glad I did!!!'"

Great thing that I waited!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, suspension. Quite road noise."

Cons: "Lack of cup holders in rear seats, no 60/40 seats"

"I was in the market to buy a Civic since summer 2012, but I just did not like the 2012 civics. They had cheap interior, loud road noise, and the suspension was not great. I waited for the 2013 models to arrive, and do not regret it! The interior is much superior compared to the 2012. I bought a Civic LX which comes standard with great security features such as back up camera, and bluetooth. Overall the car looks better, the redesigned is much more superior to that of the 2012. I bought it on December 11, 2012. 19,500 OTD with protection package, and security alarm.. Overall the car is amazing I drive 120 miles roundtrip on days I have school so this car gets me great gas mileage! Love it! Also if you plan to buy it and have a Costco membership, definitely recommend to utilize it. Also there is programs like the AMEX, or True car. I used my costco membership. Overall content with my purchase."

2013 Honda Civic LX Sedan

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "back up camera, bluetooth, 6 speaker stereo,"

Cons: "none!"

"Just bought this car a few weeks ago and I absolutely LOVE IT!! It drives like a dream, definitely the smoothest ride ever! Sleek outside and beautiful inside (gray with black trim interior to match the Crystal Black Pearl exterior.) Very happy with my new car! :)"

2012 Honda Civic LX

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "reliable, fuel efficient, nice looking, good price"

Cons: "still noisy inside"

"This is my 3rd Civic and I love it. Frustrated with Consumer Reports panning it so badly. This is a solid vehicle. Just because CR doesn't like the interior doesn't mean you don't recommend the car, it is still incredibly reliable. I lost a lot of respect for CR after that. I bought this car new and my last 2001 Civic has 330k miles on it. These are arguably some of the best cars made in the world today. They are not luxury vehicles, but perfect commuter vehicles."

I love this car!!

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "Peppy, efficient & reliable"

Cons: "Doors are heavy (That's part of owning a 2 door)"

"Great gas mileage (I'm getting 31-32 mpg commuting to work)! The "driving efficiency bars" (they change color depending on how you are driving) have taught me a new way of driving without sacrificing speed (no "comet's tail" behind me). The only warranty service that I've needed is to have spider webs cleared from my EVAP canister vent tube, which set off the "check engine" light at about 10 mos./5,500 mi (I've come to find out that it's a common problem)."

Nice style, great interior and smooth ride

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

"I traded in a 2008 Hoda Civic Hybrid for a 2013 Civic EX-L. When I first test drove the 2013 Civic I was very suprised with the new interior design and the smoth ride it provided. In fact I thought I was driving a much more expensive car. Hoda did a great job at keeping the price competitive. The steering is also much improved. I was attracted to the white pearl color and with the leather and heated seats/moonroof, back-up camera bluetooth, cell phone linking I have everything I need. Controls on the steering wheel are nice too and the new exterior design gives it a modern look rather than the dull boxy traditional Honda apprearance of previous models. Thanks for the redesign Honda. A home run and it was worth waiting for."

Really like the upgrades

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Bluetooth,backup camera..new technology"

Cons: "no upgraded stereo in ex sedan"

"Car is quieter..drives better..seats are firmer.I like the new look..Wheels on ex are really nice(honda?)Inside is same design as the 2012, but upgraded materials(didn't kill 2012 by changing it drastically..which I liked).Thanks C/R for waking up honda..p.s I did own a 2012 civic lx coupe(which I really liked dispite reviews) Think this will put civic back in the game..(if it was ever out)"

solid transportation

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Good reliable long lasting cheap transportation"

Cons: "Loud and uncomfortable"

"After six years of driving this car I have come to the following opinions. Excellent fuel economy, excellent handling, car never breaks down, low cost to maintain. Downside car is uncomfortable with lots of road noise. For a second car it,s unbeatable."

My last car, my best car?

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "comfortable and competent"

Cons: "haven't seen one yet"

"Don't get the negative reviews I've seen. I love everything about this car. I just traded a 2011 DX for a 2012 LX. Everything I didn't like about the DX has been fixed. Styling is great with me. Mostly, though, the instant mpg gauge and the "Econ" button are fabulous tools to train yourself how to drive economically. I anticipate possibly besting 50 mpg on road trips."

2012 Civic

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "very reliable, awesome on gas,"

Cons: "gutlass, pricey,"

"Great on gas and very reliable, if your used to a v6 or above it has a lot less power. Pretty gutlas and pricey. Overall I have not had one problem with it at all."

It's a decent car... should be great

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "Very reliable and great gas mileage"

Cons: "ove"

"I really like the fact that I bought a brand new car but I dislike thethe car i chose. It does not look "cool" it does not have any advancements from the prior year in term to interior and exterior design other than minor things. What i do like is the reliabilty honda is known for the miles per gallon that it get:s butother then that. I spent too much money"

As good as my previious hondas.

By on Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pros: "Trade in good, gas good, instruments good"

Cons: "Computer hard to learn"

"2012 as good or better than my 2006. Gas mileage better, instruments OK but no temp gage. Small console storage."

No problems so far

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "reasonable price great mpg comfortable"

Cons: "none so far"

"Great car so far gas mileage around 40 MPG. reliable."

Ok car for a teen

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "The looks of this car amazing"

Cons: "couldve gotten a better version of it"

"I was so excited about this car before it came out. I absolutely love the car I have the LX version. a few months later i wanted an upgraded version to the ex or ex l because of the features that it lacked in the lx so i regretted getting the lx i want the ex one now or the SI."

Wise choice for my money.

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Great gas, great price"

Cons: "Reduced compartment space compared to older models"

"I've had my Civic EX for a little over 9 months. Body style is an eye catcher. I spent a little over 21k and I think I paid a fair price. I only spend about $40 to fill my tank. I do wish Honda didn't take away all the compartment space compared to their older models. Overall comfortable, spacious, and super gas efficient. I would only put on the 'Econ' button on the highway, otherwise you are not utilizing it properly."

Sold it after 8 months

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Reason: Cheap, cheap, cheap

Pros: "Features, reliability, fuel economy"

Cons: "Interior is cheap, no fun to drive"

"I bought this car and sold it after 8 months. I liked that it literally had every feature I wanted, especially certain features that were difficult to find on other small cars -- USB, sunroof, etc. -- because Honda equips their vehicles as stand alone models. I also liked that it's build like a Honda and extremely durable. I just HATED how it drove, and the interior made me sad the longer I stayed in it. It was loud and uncomfortable after just 30 minutes on the interstate. The interior materials are truly atrocious. After just 3500 miles a squeak developed in one of the many hard plastic seams on the dash. Conveniently, despite its flaws, it still retained its value and I was able to trade it in."

Love the EX-LSedan

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage and electronics"

"We bought this car in June of 2011. We have driven from California to Boston and are sure we purchased the right car. The gas mileage was so good that at one point we were getting 52 MPG, unbelievable but true. We were very comfortartable no back or neck aches. The GPS/ dash integration made it so easy to find our way around. The Bluetooth made it easy to use Pandara and our iPhones. I didn't notice a noise problem, and it has a nice function that allows the radio to increase and decrease with speed. We hit a snow storm and the traction function along with the front wheel drive made it through easily. The mirror and seat warmers sure made it cozy. I can't think of one complaint about the car."

Great overall value with great gas mileage

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "MPG @ 39, fun to drive, good feature for the price"

Cons: "Fog lights ---- it is an option for $650 installed"

"Looked for > 6months to replace my 2004 Mazda MPV ES. Was only getting ~ 18mpg with the mazda and driving ~ 15k a year so I had to make a change. Test drove the Prius, Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid and Civic Gas and Natural Gas cars. When I reviewed all the options and pricing, I ended up with the Honda Civic EXL w/Nav - got it for ~ $21k. I am getting ~ 39mpg on average with econ and 1/2 city, 1/2 highway ----- GREAT mpg compared to my MPV. I would of loved to purchase the Civic NG but there are no fueling stations in the Chicagoland area within my reach / commute. Only issue with the NG is loss of trunk space. To bad Honda can not put an NG on the CRV ..... that would be a winner. Great car so far. Smooth ride."