2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,828 - $21,613.

10/8.0

Based on 175 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Freeway Driver would love this

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Gas saving for freeway, Backup camera"

Cons: "Not for snowboard"

"Starting to own this Civic on 1/10/13 in Monrovia for $20500. With travel from OC area to LA with mostly traffic @35mpg improve to @39mpg when I change work that can have all freeway miles against traffic. It is not a car that 6 feet person will feel comfortable in. For people about 5 feet, it is uncomfortable for their length to step on the gas while sitting tall enough to see the traffic. Fun part with this car is the backup camera. You not only can turn it on with reverse shift, but you can hold the "source"+"menu" button to activate the "secret menu". It allows you to turn on the backup camera while driving forward. Disappointed while I expect the back seat can fold one seat down to put two snowboard, but the space in the gap is not enough for it to fit in. It requires two seat side down for the board to fit."

Love my Civic

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

"One of the best vehicles I have ever owned, and I have had a lot of vehicles"

Good car for the price

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Safe, reliable, handles well."

Cons: "Noisy on the highway"

"I got this car after my Subaru was totaled in an accident. It handles well in the snow, gets good gas mileage, is comfortable. It is a little noisier than I'd like on the highway. That is my only complaint. Great car for the price! I like it!"

Great Value

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

"I have a manual transmission and love it. Very zippy once you get past 3rd gear. Great gas milage even without the green button option."

Great on gas, very reliable.

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, performs well"

Cons: "No engine temp gauge, just cold and hot lights."

"Have had car almost one year, put 9,500 miles on it, great gas mileage, better then rated on highway. Rides well, handles excellent, has plenty of power. Very pleased with car. only problem I have had is a slight rattle on passenger side sometimes, that didn't rattle when I brought it to dealer to be fixed. Controls are easy to use and are very nice looking, most are on steering wheel, six speaker stereo sounds nice, USB port for my MP3 player which also will play through the cars blue tooth. I like the tiered dash, speed display is very easy to see. Very nice car. Top resale and safety pick."

owned 2012 fit this is much better value

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "great price;gas milage;ride"

Cons: "no rear cup holders"

"this car for money is twice the car of our 2012 fit and gets better gas milage"

Falls short of expectations

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage, nice interior and instruments"

Cons: "weak brakes, anemic engine, wanders"

"Let me just say this upfront. I am glad I leased this vehicle and not purchased it. Why you ask? Hows this for a list of negatives: brakes require too much force to stop car, worst sounding stereo ever; no bass, alot of sqeeches and rattles, they hide the coolant resevior way down low so you can't check the level, the car wanders all over the road at highway speeds and requires alot of corrections, badly needs a 6th gear as the engine revs too high at 70 mph or higher. In addition it is a horrible handler and not tossable like the civics of yesteryear. Not a fun car at all.. In my opinion anyway. The things I like: decent MPG. I was getting about 37 with mostly highway driving, and alittle more than 34 in mixed. The suspension does a good job of soaking up bumps and is well isolated. No complaints on the clutch and shifter. They do their jobs well and the clutch has just the right amount of resistance. I really love the instrumentation that is unique for Honda. Visibility is good and interior sound has been improved from previous years. It is really missing the persoality that some cars, like the Fit ooze. I will be glad when my lease term is up that is for sure... Good day."

Love my baby

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, fun to drive, sporty, fast, smoothe"

Cons: "None yet"

"This is my first car buying on my own. I drove my dads 98 Acura tl for roughly 5 years. It recently fell into a lot of mechanical issues so I figured it's time for a new car and something RELIABLE, Safe, and FAST ;)! I'd been in the market for awhile and always wanted a Honda Civic. Well..let me just tell you, I am in love!! It is a very comfortable car that fits the driver. It has great speed pickup! The couple gives for a great sexy sporty look ! *One thing I will note and advise is to watch out for your blind spots. I know a couple of other people have mentioned this because its TRUE!"

Okay, but 2013+ is ALOT better

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Great gas millage, okay to drive, reliable, cheap"

Cons: "Design is meh, cheap interior"

"I got this car after I got in a accident with my 2005 Honda Civic. Sadly, since I was only a high school student I couldn't afford to take on the whole price and my mother helped me out paying most of it. She choose white with a beige interior which I HATE..But it was alot faster than my 05 civic and was more gas efficient with that awesome econ button. All in all, if you need a reliable newish car and you cant go all the way for the $20,000 new 2013 civic, the 2012 civic will still do wonders."

Great vehicle and great economic savings!

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Great price and great fuel economy"

Cons: "no rear seat cup holders"

"This is the fourth Honda and my second Civic (last was a 2009 sedan). Honda did an excellent job restyling and making this vehicle much more appealing, while not losing the historic value and advantages of the Civic. The fuel economy is amazing and I have been getting on average 30mpg in city. The only down fall I have is the decreased 4 cylinder power (to be expected and can't be fixed), and the lack of rear seat cup holders, otherwise GOOD WORK HONDA! Also, thank you Honda for improving the "ECO" fuel economy engine feature. The engine shuttering is NOT missed..."

absolutely best in the field today

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "most for your money, gas mileage, info system"

Cons: "prefer red and blue color for temp"

"look no further. this is the best car in the field. i did not give a 10 on interior/exterior only because i like the look of passat or impreza, but Honda has done a tremendous job on reducing the road noise. i would like to see in the future a way to lock the glove compartment box & move over the opening handle closer to the driver, add extensions on the sun visors and use a sliding movement instead of a flip up. the latch to open the trunk is better than the competition, the easy to read Information System is supreme to all other models I have looked at, but i would like to see honda putting the ac vents in the center so it wouldn't blow on my driver hand so much & I have to toggle to find the right direction, would go back to a Red knob for hot & a Blue knob for cold - do not care for a number, but otherwise, absolutely the best out there, better than the rest in this class. Oh, the lighted ignition key hole is a tremendous plus. I will have to see if the push start button on the 14 model will light up (?). cars could do away with the handle above the driver's side. I will never use that handle and the makers would save thousands in cost to do away with that handle. ? I cannot hang anything on it, & I certainly will never be driving that dangerous or foolish to use it. Gas mileage is a great savings."

Great ride, handling and power, with exc MPG

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "Great sport without sacrificing economy."

Cons: "Some 'rev hang' when shifting."

"I bought the vehicle used at 10K miles. The Si is not the fastest sport compact, but it is quick enough and very fun when the VTEC kicks in. The ride is much smoother than expected on most roads, and the handling up mountain roads is fantastic for a FWD vehicle. My big surprise is the fuel economy. I reset the trip gauge and record actual data at every refill. In 8K miles I've averaged 34.5 actual mpg, with only one tank below the hwy rating of 31 mpg. The trip gauge is optimistic by 2-3 mpg."

You wanted it , Honda made it "The SI "

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "looks great and is fun to drive"

Cons: "not good in snow"

"i have a 2012 SI , who said you can't have fun driving a car when you are over 65 , have been driving stick shifts cars all my life and its great to find one that reminds me of my old TR4 , i can't wait to drive the 2014 SI PS: the grand kids love it too and think they have a cool PAPA"

It's a great car, no problems

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "The lowest model is packed"

Cons: "No cup holders in the back"

"I am astounded by the bad reviews i saw for this car on here. I bought this car in August and it's the best car our family has ever owned. I like changing the oil myself. This car is the easiest car to change the oil. The oil cover on the bottom comes off simply by just unscrewing four screws with a number 3 philips screwdriver."

Reliable and efficient

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, low maintence"

Cons: "sluggish"

"I've had the car for just over two years and overall, I love it. It's reliable, low-maintenance and boasts an MPG average of about 38. I plan on driving this for another 12 years until I can pass it along to my daughter for her 16th B-Day - I'm confident it will last. I'll probably replace it with another Civic. PROS - great gas mileage. Also, maintenance is fairly cheap. The nice part about this car is you only need to change the oil every 5-7K (you are told by the internal computer when to bring it in). CONS - Not a ton of power. I understand 140HP won't get you first in an Indy race, but come on, give me a car with a little kick! I'm often left in the dust at stoplights."

Great car for what it is; HOWEVER......

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Audio technology pkg, gas mileage, heated seats"

Cons: "See my review for full details"

"I purchased a new Civic EX-L in August 2013 after having driven a Mazda Tribute for 12 years. I admit to it being a huge change and adjustment. I have about 3,500 miles on it as of the date of this review. My main complaint is how it drives in wet/snowy conditions. It seems to have issues gripping the road (even with the "vehicle stability assist" always on). Even with just a dusting of snow on the road it spins it's tires when trying to move from a stopped position (no, I don't drive like Mario Andretti.) I have 30+ years experience driving in the snow and do not feel confident in this car's ability to navigate the roads during a midwest winter. For this reason alone I would not recommend this car to anyone who has to deal with significant winter weather conditions. PROS: Bluetooth with most smart phones, streams Pandora, gas mileage is decent, safety features are awesome, love love love the heated seats! Stereo has decent sound (no Bose sound here, but I find it's more than sufficient!), moon roof works great, and I like the extendable arm rest. The fold-down arm rest with cup holders in the back seat is a winner with my two kids. It's fun to drive when weather is decent and makes tight turns. CONS: 1) Annoying steering wheel - you can't put your hands at 3/6/9 o'clock positions because of design. I can never find a comfy position for my hands. 2.) Drives terrible in wet/snowy conditions. 3.) Rear window is nearly impossible to clean due to brake light in the way. the front windshield is so big you need gorilla arms to reach all of it. 4.) Instant Fuel Economy Gauge is useless, and I don't see the point of it. It should be replaced with a tachometer. 5.) No rear air vents. When there are four people in this car it's needed. 6.) The top 4-5 rows of lines in the rear window are the antenna, not rear defog. Those rows are needed for rear defog. Also rear defog should have it's own button separate from outside mirror heaters. 7.) Placement of seat-belt buckle is too far back on the seat. The belt does not rest across the center of my chest - actually straight across one breast, which is dangerous placement. I cannot get it adjusted any other way. The only solution is to move the buckle further forward. FTR, I'm about 5'4" and average weight. 8.) No power seats. With all the other niceties in this model, why the lack of power driver seat?"

Worst car I have ever owned

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Cons: "Excessive heat from dash vents, must always run AC"

"I have driven nothing but Civics for 12 years. I have bought 5 new Civics. I recently bought a new one and found it is a LEMON. I took it back to the dealer 4 times and the dealer tried several fixes, none of which helped. When I threatened to file a lemon buy back law suit, American Honda stepped in and said the problem with my car occurs in ALL civics.(so beware). I will never by another Honda. What's the problem? The air coming out of the dash vents is heated +40 degrees by the engine. When it is 70 degrees outside and I turn the vent on (with the thermostat all the way to cool) the air is 110 degrees coming out of the vent. Honda's answers to me: Just turn the ac on. (which lowers my gas mileage by 15%). The dealer tested other Civics on their lot and told me they all do the exact same thing. I had a loaner civic one of the times mine was in the shop, and it too heated 40 degrees. Ironic that since all of the fleet is defective, they do not consider it a lemon. My theory is that with the big extended windshield, the air intake is right above the middle of the engine, and the air entering below the windshield is heated by the engine to unbearable hot temperatures. I asked a salesman to check if the new model does the same thing. No surprise, I never heard back from the Honda Dealer salesman. BTW, I bought a new Altima. Much better car than the Honda Civic or Accord. Great comfort, especially the seats. My gas mileage exceeds my Civic."

Fantastic ride for this price range!

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to drive, great price"

Cons: "Criminals love to steal this car."

"This is a great car for this price range. I own the Honda Civic Si with summer tires. This car makes you just want to drive. It's fun and a great daily driver. This car has so many features that only more expensive cars have. This car has a six-speed close ratio manual transmission, a sport-tuned suspension, 17" wheels with performance tires, fantastic dash and all of the technology, a powerful 201 HP engine, and limited-slip differential found only on more expensive sports cars, and sound deadening for a nice quiet ride. You cannot beat this car for all of its feature at this price point. Honda has the best resale value around and great reliability. This is one great machine for this price!"

Beutiful car, extreamly uncomforatble.

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "Very stylish"

Cons: "EXTREAMLY Uncomfortable to drive"

"Honda Civic 2013 LX Sedan. Great car, love the test drive. I now regret the purchase. I have NEVER experience such an uncomfortable ride. It hurts my back and neck area every time I drive the car since the driver’s seat is so uncomfortable. I am now debating to lose $2K and trade the car in for something else. I was a true Honda fan; I have owned Honda vehicles for over 20 years. I am very disappointed "Honda you should be ashamed". I will no longer purchase a Honda. Think twice before making the purchase."

disappointed

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "seats: comfy."

Cons: "too many to mention in 50 characters or less"

"I like that I can rely on the ride and it is comfortable, but there are too many cons for me. Quality is down for sure. I do not believe I could recommend a civic. the hood construction is odd with that deep level, too much room to catch debris/leaves and who wants to be concerned about "sensors" in that area. Sun visors could use a lesson like from other competitors in this class. lacks room for door pockets. lacking trunk space compared to competitors in this class. scratches too easily."

Too small

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

"Thought I wanted a car but a Honda Civic Coupe is too small. Literally no stretch space at all..."

Plenty of satisfying features for the economy car

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "MPG!, comfortable, smooth drive, new features"

Cons: "highway drive, side mirrors, slower acceleration"

"I recently had a car that was loaded for an 05 model and was not completely ready to get rid of it but under certain circumstances I was looking for a car with more advantages for the future. As soon I sat down in the 2013 Honda Civic I was immediately relieved and satisfied. The interior was comfortable and stylish for a more basic car. The feel of the car was actually quite satisfying going from a V6 to a 2.0 4-cyl. motor. The steering wheel was fluid and the gas and break pedals were not too soft or too hard. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the dash being so far back and with digital reading for speed and gas, but I'm liking it better. I really enjoy the features it includes like the back up camera, econ button, and blue tooth. The side rear view mirrors don't help at all and the wind shield wipers don't do their job well. The ride could be a little less bumpy, and when I drive on the interstate or highway I feel like I'm about to blow away because its harder to control. I'm still not satisfied with the slow acceleration but I guess that's to be expected. Other than that I am overall satisfied in a more basic car that's not loaded because Honda did a great job in offering plenty to make up for it!"

Solid, reliable, and very efficient

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "Mpg, price, easy around town to park and drive"

Cons: "Noisy cabin on highway with road noise"

"Owned it for 2 years now and it has been flawless averaging 38.8 mpg. Not the quietest ride but for the mpg and price...can't do better"

Amazing car

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"I have owned the car for about 3 days amazing(handling,mpg, and features) yes i own the 2012 ex-l coupe and dam is it beautiful. I am only 17 and this is my first car of my own But still amazing car. Hate the side mirrors, the fact i cant use android phone for usb port,lag in power, and non sliding arm rest. Other than that perfect"

Great point A to point B car

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "MPG, fun in the corners, brakes work very well"

Cons: "Side mirrors are worthless, car is very slow."

"The civic is a nice little car to get you where you want to go. With the econ button on the civic can get around 40mpg on the freeway. The car is light, nimble, and gives a comfortable ride, but you will feel the bigger bumps in the roads. One thing I hate about the car is the placement of the side mirrors. I find them to be to far back and I run out of adjustment to set them where I want them. With the mirrors fully adjusted out as far as they can go all 3 mirrors see the same thing... So I fold the side mirrors in for aerodynamics and just use the rear view since the side mirros are worthless where they're. What I really like about the car is the MPG you can get and the small gas tank keeps the pain at the pump down."