2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,796 - $21,585.

10/8.0

Based on 179 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Great car

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "sleek design, great fuel economy"

Cons: "no horsepower, few add-ons"

"I have the EX-L. I am disappointed in the manual seat adjustments and lack of dual-climate control. It seems like an EX-L would have more options than they do. When I compare it to my husbands Ford Fusion, it lacks in extras. However, the fuel economy of the Civic is phenomenal, but it also has very little pick-up and go. Its a great car, I just wished it had more "things" going on in the interior."

WOW great car

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "mileage, dash setup, total overall looks"

Cons: "alittle noisy but greatly improved over 2007 model"

"I purchased a EX-L civic for my daughter in 2007... as a graduation present...she is now married and still loves this car... It has had no mechanical problems and still looks like it did the day we drove it off the lot... I just purchased a 2012 3 months ago for gas reasons only... But me and my husband drive this car move than our other 2 large cars. It is very fun to drive, gas mileage amazing, and I love the way it looks both inside and out. Ignore the reviews and go get it..I did and so glad I did!!!'"

I had no idea a small car could be so good.

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, steering, interior room, smooth"

Cons: "Road noise"

"I have been a Cadillac driver for years. The Civic steers better, corners better and brakes better. Road noise is higher than the Caddy, but that is expected. I just love this car and do not plan to purchase a luxury car again. I think I am hooked on this Civic."

My first car! Really like itI

By on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pros: "Great mpg, decent looks, digital speedometer"

Cons: "Noise at high speeds, elongated shape"

"I really like my Honda Civic LX 2012. The digital speedometer and display is great, and is one of the best features. This car gives killer mileage on Eco mode (I get 32 city & 40 highway) but is also quick to respond when I get out of Eco mode. My little complaint is that car is little too noisy on road compared to its competitors. Also they have made the overall shape too smooth and elongated."

Not the product Honda is known for

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Good price, great standard features"

Cons: "Shoddy quality interior materials, uncomfortable"

"I wish that I had researched consumer reviews before purchasing my 2012 Civic because in hindsight, many of the reviews that I have since read relay issues that I have faced since purchasing this vehicle. My biggest complaint from the beginning (and it is my own fault for not putting more emphasis on this during my car search)has been the sub-par quality of the interior materials in the car. The floor carpet and seating is a cheap material. I have since observed better quality in both a Kia model and a Hyundai model. The best feature of the Civic is undoubtedly the technology: the standard blue tooth access and ease of use of the technological features. The cons outnumber the pros for me though. Two years into ownership, I have had to replace the battery. After reading other reviews, it seems that the battery issue is a common problem with other owners of this model, although the dealership doesn't acknowledge a manufacturer's problem. The driving and front passenger seating is uncomfortable. The exterior paint started chipping at 12,00 miles. Many of these issues are probably to be expected from this price-point; but I expected Honda to be step above other manufacturers of economic sedans. Overall, I sadly say this will be my last Honda; and I will not recommend the Civic (the 2nd one I've owned) to others."