2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,211 - $16,974.

10/8.0

Based on 182 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Awesome Car!

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Technology and handling are excellent!"

"Handling is great, and the spacious interior is a huge plus for me. Having owned a civic from 2009, this model feels bigger, and defiantly has more leg room. The overall handling of this car makes it a smooth ride whether you're on the highway or driving on back streets. On board tech is great, works well with my iphone and I love that I can scroll through my playlists with ease. As a musician, having quick access to my music is a huge plus. The less cluttered my driving space the safer I feel."

Quiet?! Are you kidding me?

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "love the right turn camera"

Cons: "NOISE"

"I thought this was it! My new car. I currently own a Honda so I know that they are great cars. This site and several other mention how quiet this car is. Please. I measured it against the CRZ [yep - the honda known for being noisy] with a sound meter driving over the exact stretch of HWY at the same speed- Air conditioning off. According to the sound meter, this was 1 dB quieter - only 1. I can't distinguish 1 dB, can you? All I could do was wonder if reviewers are getting paid to say it is quiet. I was completely disappointed - crushed actually. Loved soooo much about the car - love the right turn camera - one test drive and I think it should be on every car."

Honda Civic, reliable, good resale value

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

"Great car"

Averaging better fuel economy than advertised.

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "Looks, fuel economy, fun to drive, handling"

Cons: "No rear seat flip down arm rest."

"Hello again. Updated review: So I have had my civic now for a couple of weeks and it is still going strong. One thing that has been amazing is the fuel economy that I am getting with this vehicle. The website lists this vehicle at 28 City/36 hwy. I drive mainly highway miles and I am averaging 41mpg (approximately 450 miles per tank of gas). This car is easy to park, comfortable, and fun to drive. My decisions were down to between a Mazda3, a Corolla, and a Subaru Impreza. I love all of these choices, but I could not be happier with my new Civic coupe, something the others were not offered in. The radio has great sound and the controls on the steering wheel makes this feel safer and more luxurious. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a sporty, inexpensive, and fun to drive vehicle with great fuel economy. The standard back up camera is a nice feature, too. It is nice knowing there are no little ones or toys behind you when backing up."

LOVE this car

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive, good gas milage"

Cons: "interior quality could be improved, but still nice"

"This was my dream car, and I got it as a graduation present. I've had it for about a year now, and I still love it. It's super fun and easy to drive. It rides great, has awesome features, and is really sporty looking. Although, this is obviously not a luxurious vehicle, there is literally nothing I dislike about this car!"

Comfortable, Reliable, Efficient

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy. Residual value."

Cons: "Road noise. Slight under steer. Cheap interior !"

"Good value. Super efficient, economical. I drive like a geezer; get 47 / 52 mpg every tankful, 100% of the time,,,,data to prove it. Under steers slightly. Decent ride quality. Most disturbing - Road Noise! Tire / Road noise is Unbearable ! "Autostop" works flawlessly. A/C remains on during "Autostop" ; nice feature. Great value !"

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Performance, Fuel efficient, Honda reliability!!!"

Cons: "Interior lighting, Navi as standard would be nice"

"I've owned A 2013 Civic SI sedan for about 16 months now and I am exceptionally happy with it. The inline 4 engine in the SI delivers the perfect amount of power (205HP) and torque (174) without the need of turbos or add-on accessories. The traction control meshes with this power beautifully and I have to really try to break the tires during take off. Further more I average 27MPG in the city and 34 on the highway when I'm not pushing the engine too hard, and it loves to be pushed and sounds great doing it! In addition the brakes stop on a dime with very little fade coming down mountain roads. Interior design is attractive with tons of room (I'm 6'3") and the seats are tough and comfortable. I do wish interior foot well lighting was standard and wish there was better overall interior lighting, but it is not bad just a little lacking. I've had various other cars, trucks and SUV's from Ford, Chevy, Dodge and Honda, and this car beats them all and for only 25K. Overall Honda has nailed the driver interface in this vehicle and I love it. It makes me love driving again."

Show me a better vehicle for under 16k

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Looks, fuel economy, fit & finish, comfort, safety"

Cons: "Steel wheels with plastic hubcaps"

"The 2014 Civic Coupe LX seemed like just the right choice for me. It was listed at a local dealer sale for only 15,900 and I needed new transportation. I had 155,000 mile on the 2002 Honda Accord I was driving, after all. I travel 35 miles to work, making a 70 mile round trip to work and back home each day. So I needed a car with excellent gas mileage and good reliability. I think I found that in this Civic. The fit and finish is second to none in the class. The care feels more like a $20k plus vehicle. The seats are comfortable and the sound system is great. I am enjoying the hands-free Bluetooth feature for the safe answering of phone calls while driving. There are plenty of compartments, cup holders, and USB, AUX, and power connections, all in convenient locations. There is even a feature where one can upload a photo and use the dash like a picture frame. The handling is crisp and the braking is spot-on. I am very happy with my "peppy" new Civic. So far it is averaging 37mpg with the type of driving I do. So if you are in the market for inexpensive, reliable transportation, with a sporty look, please consider the Civic LX Coupe."

This hybrid performs!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG, Sleek look, Back up camera"

Cons: "Acceleration, Trim, Rear seats do not fold down"

"I drove a regular Honda Civic forever. We recently bought the hybrid and it's amazing how similar it drives. I agree with others regarding acceleration, but it's something you just adjust to and is the same for a non-Hybrid Civic. My main concern paying more for the hybrid was getting the mileage that it states. I'm getting 44 mpg and sometimes slightly better. We're really happy with our purchase and look forward to driving it through all the fuel increases in coming years!"

GREAT CAR

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY"

Cons: "LITTLE MORE POWER"

"I BOUGHT THIS CAR FOR THE GIRL FRIEND TO COMMUTE TO WORK, AND FOR US TO PLAY ON THE WEEKENDS. ITS GET 38.6 mpg,IT DRIVES GREAT, GOOD VISIBILITY, AND JUST A GREAT ALL AROUND CAR .HOPE TO GET 200.000 MILES OUT OF IT."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage."

Cons: "Small inside the car. Not a lot of leg room."

"I have gotten 50+ MPG in this car depending on my speed. On one trip from the Antelope Valley to Summerland CA, I got 58 MPG. I have ECON and do best when that is on."

Driver's seat extremely uncomfortable

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "very attractive design; handles well"

Cons: "Extremely uncomfortable seats"

"I just bought this car and after driving about 10 - 15 miles, I developed pain in my tailbone. The pain remains for at least two hours after I get out of the car. The seat is as hard as a rock, narrow, and short. I have tried putting cushions in and this just transferred the pain to my legs and upper back. I have never experienced any sort of pain while driving or riding in any other car, including many small sub-compact or compact size rental cars as well as older Honda's. This has been a very bad experience."

I love this car

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

"It took a couple of days to get use to the position of the head rest but now I have my seat just right and the car is comfortable. This car get great gas mileage and the ride is very smooth. The inside of the car definitely not boring and easy access to everything is on the steering wheel."

16 years as the best selling car in Canada

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "An exceptional car."

Cons: "No cons whatsoever"

"With absolutely no doubt this is the best selling car in its class and this is a full class to compete with. The Japanese automakers have been working overtime to perfect every detail in this unit. For the price, the added features and the flawless aerodynamics I give this car a rating of A+++. In other words two thumbs up!!"

I like it

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I don't own this car

"Nice car for the price"

I love this car

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"Great car with even greater gas mileage!"

Excruciatingly uncomfortable

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "good mileage and horsepower"

Cons: "Excruciatingly uncomfortable"

"My 2014 Civic EX-L is so uncomfortable that in less than two months of driving it I have developed neck and low back pain. Despite all the power adjustments, it is impossible to find a comfortable position. The headrests are so far forward they push my head forward and down while forcing me to round my back. The steering wheel is too far away even with maximum telescoping, so I have to drive with my legs cramped up and my arms outstretched. The seat is too narrow and short and has no support. The leather is hard as a rock. Honda has loaded this car up with bling while making a mockery of comfort. It does get great mileage and has a lot of power, but so what if it is basically undriveable. I bought this car for long business trips, but now I dread getting in it even for an errand. If you have horrible posture and your head juts forward, this car might work for you, but I am a 5'6" woman with good posture. I have owned Civics for 20 years but this one is getting traded in at a big loss. I hope this review saves someone from making the mistake I made in assuming you can't go wrong with a Honda Civic."

Every bell and whistle and better than 40 mpg

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Quailty inside and out, reliable, comfortable."

Cons: "Split rear folding would be nice."

"I think it's every bit as nice as the Accord. It is quiet, smooth, and reliable. It even has nice lines for a 4-door. Mileage has been unbeleivable when you keep your foot off the floor, +40 on the freeway, and it's not even a hybrid. Plenty of power for a car, but clearly not for the circle track. Love getting all of the bells and whistles without having to pay more. Fit and finish is flawless inside and out. Super reliable and a smooth ride with ample handling. I have owned lots of Hondas, and it really seems like they really went all out and exceeded their quality standard for the 2013 civic. And all the safety features you can get."

The SI is almost perfect. LOVE my car!

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Sporty design, fast, fun to drive!"

Cons: "Still has some road noise."

"I am in love with the SI. I am getting an average of 32.8 mpg. My husband is a Honda tech so I only drive Hondas, and this is my favorite one by far. My last car was a 2007 SI, and this 2013 is much improved with all the creature comforts like Bluetooth, backup camera, and the information screen. This SI is much quieter and more comfortable, but still is a fun, sporty car. The seats are much more comfortable than my previous SI. The clutch is easier in traffic than my previous SI, too. The tires seem to be wearing better than my previous SI, as that was a known problem. I love the styling on this SI, and it feels like a larger car. I don't have any problem with blind spots, and love the larger side mirrors. Honda, this one is a winner!"

HAS EVERYTHING BEING LIKE A LUXURY CAR

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Ride, gas mileage, controls, audio, blind spot"

Cons: "uncomfortable at times"

"Love my EX Civic on everything being like a top of the line vehicle. Its great in a smoother ride includes a new CVT transmission that isn't bad at all. Controls are excellent from having HONDALINK, blue tooth, Pandora, SXM, rear backup cam, heated seats, quiet drive and available eco mode that is best on giving a nicer ride to the car. The engine very powerful wish was available in a V6 but the 4 cylinder is awesome on performance of sports car instead economical car. The Civic with EX package came with blind spot monitoring, love the digital readouts on HVAC system and audio system while everything electronic is above the dashboard center. This car is roomier and is cream of the crop love the better resale value has its a excellent vehicle for the blue book price its looks more sportier but mostly luxury on the options included for EX package I have bought on this car. Its a really handsome compact car ever had even love the refreshed styling and better upgrades Honda gave the Civic on making it earn a better price and having a perfect resale value."

Very pleased, have owned for about 9 months

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, comfort and value."

Cons: "Not as comfortable as my previous Accords."

"Have had the 2013 Civic EX-L for about 9 months and 17,000 miles and have been very pleased. After 3 consecutive Accord EX-L's (2003, 2006, & 2010-all passed along to my children) I wanted to try something smaller with a little better fuel economy. Last summer I averaged 35-36 mpg in mixed city/highway driving, a little lower this very cold winter. Best mileage was last fall on long driving trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons where we averaged 40-41 mpg and had one tankful where we got 45. Very comfortable small car although I do miss the comfort of the larger Accord on long highway drives. Much quieter and more comfortable than the 2005 Civic we bought for my daughter when she was in high school."

Great sporty vehicle

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "CVT, comfortable, controls, fuel economy, styling"

"great gas mileage. CVT transmission is smooth in ratios and controls for the LX Base model a plus. Civic handles great it came with rear backup camera, blue tooth, love everything in digital blue as got a wide dashboard on a roomier interior. The Honda seems more luxury with styling with bigger lights and eco mode is also best on giving me adequate ride having a better ride while in use. Love the cloth bucket seats they are so comfortably this car is just the best size for me I'm a taller person 6'2'' and (184lbs) being a smaller car its plenty of spacious. Pandora capability and all the electronics are well quality built on Civic love my car being best for a base model."

Love this car very much!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"Ill write a review when i have more mileage and stuff but dang this car is great!!!! Fast and i love it. takes off right away without hesitating and is not slow to go off nor pick up speed. The interior is sick and mine is badge. Comes with a usb connector. this car brakes perfect and a/c blows great heats up good to! Honda has really improves. drove 2012 kia optima but slow to take off both great cars though really great cars!"

2012 Honda Civic LX: In Love!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Great gas Mileage, fun to drive, decent price, LCD"

Cons: "A little confusing at first, road noise, stereo"

"I've been researching for months and finally, once I saw a special for financing options in tandem with a lowered internet price I had to act. Bought the car for Thirteen Seven (Excluding taxes and such), and I absolutely love it, rides great, the road noise is honestly not as bad as people make it out to be, the only issue is the sound system really isn't that good, if you're a normal radio listener you'll hardly notice a difference, but I'm a tech junkie and this just did not sound up to par, other than that, I literally am obsessed with this car."

Could not ask for a better car

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Modern styling, features, reliable."

Cons: "None. Headlights could use LED"

"In march 2014, I was looking to replace my old 2013 corolla that grew out on me and decided to treat myself to a newer car. After buying the 2014 Civic LX, I walked away with a new appreciation. All features that I could possibly beg for already came standard on the LX! I was shocked when I realized that this car had all the necessary amenities that I badly needed on my old corolla. The CVT transmission that was introduced for 2014 is responsive, sporty, and feels more consistent than the 4-speed that my corolla had and the 5-speed that the 2013 civic had which I test drove. The interior feels much more premium than the 2012 model. I average over 30 MPG in the city, and I had no issues with this car, even though I only reached 1000 miles after taking a long trip. The only beef I have with this civic are the headlights. I want the headlights to have LED like most of its competitors and heated seats which are already becoming standard on more upscale cars. Other than that, I could not ask for anything more than the 2014 Honda Civic LX. The price I paid definitely left a smile on my face and I would happily recommend anyone who's looking for a nice, clean, upscale vehicle."