2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,339 - $17,063.

10/8.0

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

16 years as the best selling car in Canada

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "An exceptional car."

Cons: "No cons whatsoever"

"With absolutely no doubt this is the best selling car in its class and this is a full class to compete with. The Japanese automakers have been working overtime to perfect every detail in this unit. For the price, the added features and the flawless aerodynamics I give this car a rating of A+++. In other words two thumbs up!!"

I like it

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I don't own this car

"Nice car for the price"

I love this car

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"Great car with even greater gas mileage!"

Excruciatingly uncomfortable

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "good mileage and horsepower"

Cons: "Excruciatingly uncomfortable"

"My 2014 Civic EX-L is so uncomfortable that in less than two months of driving it I have developed neck and low back pain. Despite all the power adjustments, it is impossible to find a comfortable position. The headrests are so far forward they push my head forward and down while forcing me to round my back. The steering wheel is too far away even with maximum telescoping, so I have to drive with my legs cramped up and my arms outstretched. The seat is too narrow and short and has no support. The leather is hard as a rock. Honda has loaded this car up with bling while making a mockery of comfort. It does get great mileage and has a lot of power, but so what if it is basically undriveable. I bought this car for long business trips, but now I dread getting in it even for an errand. If you have horrible posture and your head juts forward, this car might work for you, but I am a 5'6" woman with good posture. I have owned Civics for 20 years but this one is getting traded in at a big loss. I hope this review saves someone from making the mistake I made in assuming you can't go wrong with a Honda Civic."

Every bell and whistle and better than 40 mpg

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Quailty inside and out, reliable, comfortable."

Cons: "Split rear folding would be nice."

"I think it's every bit as nice as the Accord. It is quiet, smooth, and reliable. It even has nice lines for a 4-door. Mileage has been unbeleivable when you keep your foot off the floor, +40 on the freeway, and it's not even a hybrid. Plenty of power for a car, but clearly not for the circle track. Love getting all of the bells and whistles without having to pay more. Fit and finish is flawless inside and out. Super reliable and a smooth ride with ample handling. I have owned lots of Hondas, and it really seems like they really went all out and exceeded their quality standard for the 2013 civic. And all the safety features you can get."

The SI is almost perfect. LOVE my car!

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Sporty design, fast, fun to drive!"

Cons: "Still has some road noise."

"I am in love with the SI. I am getting an average of 32.8 mpg. My husband is a Honda tech so I only drive Hondas, and this is my favorite one by far. My last car was a 2007 SI, and this 2013 is much improved with all the creature comforts like Bluetooth, backup camera, and the information screen. This SI is much quieter and more comfortable, but still is a fun, sporty car. The seats are much more comfortable than my previous SI. The clutch is easier in traffic than my previous SI, too. The tires seem to be wearing better than my previous SI, as that was a known problem. I love the styling on this SI, and it feels like a larger car. I don't have any problem with blind spots, and love the larger side mirrors. Honda, this one is a winner!"

HAS EVERYTHING BEING LIKE A LUXURY CAR

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Ride, gas mileage, controls, audio, blind spot"

Cons: "uncomfortable at times"

"Love my EX Civic on everything being like a top of the line vehicle. Its great in a smoother ride includes a new CVT transmission that isn't bad at all. Controls are excellent from having HONDALINK, blue tooth, Pandora, SXM, rear backup cam, heated seats, quiet drive and available eco mode that is best on giving a nicer ride to the car. The engine very powerful wish was available in a V6 but the 4 cylinder is awesome on performance of sports car instead economical car. The Civic with EX package came with blind spot monitoring, love the digital readouts on HVAC system and audio system while everything electronic is above the dashboard center. This car is roomier and is cream of the crop love the better resale value has its a excellent vehicle for the blue book price its looks more sportier but mostly luxury on the options included for EX package I have bought on this car. Its a really handsome compact car ever had even love the refreshed styling and better upgrades Honda gave the Civic on making it earn a better price and having a perfect resale value."

Very pleased, have owned for about 9 months

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, comfort and value."

Cons: "Not as comfortable as my previous Accords."

"Have had the 2013 Civic EX-L for about 9 months and 17,000 miles and have been very pleased. After 3 consecutive Accord EX-L's (2003, 2006, & 2010-all passed along to my children) I wanted to try something smaller with a little better fuel economy. Last summer I averaged 35-36 mpg in mixed city/highway driving, a little lower this very cold winter. Best mileage was last fall on long driving trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons where we averaged 40-41 mpg and had one tankful where we got 45. Very comfortable small car although I do miss the comfort of the larger Accord on long highway drives. Much quieter and more comfortable than the 2005 Civic we bought for my daughter when she was in high school."

Great sporty vehicle

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "CVT, comfortable, controls, fuel economy, styling"

"great gas mileage. CVT transmission is smooth in ratios and controls for the LX Base model a plus. Civic handles great it came with rear backup camera, blue tooth, love everything in digital blue as got a wide dashboard on a roomier interior. The Honda seems more luxury with styling with bigger lights and eco mode is also best on giving me adequate ride having a better ride while in use. Love the cloth bucket seats they are so comfortably this car is just the best size for me I'm a taller person 6'2'' and (184lbs) being a smaller car its plenty of spacious. Pandora capability and all the electronics are well quality built on Civic love my car being best for a base model."

Love this car very much!

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"Ill write a review when i have more mileage and stuff but dang this car is great!!!! Fast and i love it. takes off right away without hesitating and is not slow to go off nor pick up speed. The interior is sick and mine is badge. Comes with a usb connector. this car brakes perfect and a/c blows great heats up good to! Honda has really improves. drove 2012 kia optima but slow to take off both great cars though really great cars!"

2012 Honda Civic LX: In Love!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Great gas Mileage, fun to drive, decent price, LCD"

Cons: "A little confusing at first, road noise, stereo"

"I've been researching for months and finally, once I saw a special for financing options in tandem with a lowered internet price I had to act. Bought the car for Thirteen Seven (Excluding taxes and such), and I absolutely love it, rides great, the road noise is honestly not as bad as people make it out to be, the only issue is the sound system really isn't that good, if you're a normal radio listener you'll hardly notice a difference, but I'm a tech junkie and this just did not sound up to par, other than that, I literally am obsessed with this car."

Could not ask for a better car

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Modern styling, features, reliable."

Cons: "None. Headlights could use LED"

"In march 2014, I was looking to replace my old 2013 corolla that grew out on me and decided to treat myself to a newer car. After buying the 2014 Civic LX, I walked away with a new appreciation. All features that I could possibly beg for already came standard on the LX! I was shocked when I realized that this car had all the necessary amenities that I badly needed on my old corolla. The CVT transmission that was introduced for 2014 is responsive, sporty, and feels more consistent than the 4-speed that my corolla had and the 5-speed that the 2013 civic had which I test drove. The interior feels much more premium than the 2012 model. I average over 30 MPG in the city, and I had no issues with this car, even though I only reached 1000 miles after taking a long trip. The only beef I have with this civic are the headlights. I want the headlights to have LED like most of its competitors and heated seats which are already becoming standard on more upscale cars. Other than that, I could not ask for anything more than the 2014 Honda Civic LX. The price I paid definitely left a smile on my face and I would happily recommend anyone who's looking for a nice, clean, upscale vehicle."

Save your money

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Reason: lease

Pros: "Idled nicely."

Cons: "Expensive to fix, unreliable."

"Had the car in the shop about 10 times. Thank God it was leased because it probably would've been about six grand in out-of-pocket expenses. We have had several newly installed boots rip and 2 broken front axles. The car had a quick peppy engine but that was about it. I would not recommend model year to anybody."

I love my honda

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "good price and fun to drive"

Cons: "hate the road noise deafing inside car"

"I love the car but the noise inside is so loud can't hear the person in rear seat talking at all! other than that it is the best!"

Great for the cost!

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "style, reliability"

Cons: "traction control"

"Drove an Acura for years then finally went to a Ford Fusion for a change, trading in the Ford just after 3 months to a 2014 Civic. Great car for the price. How can you expect top-end trims when you are paying around 20k for a vehicle? Runs great, great gas mileage, and has alot of features I wasn't expecting. Although, doesn't seem to grip too well with the snow. Nothing a new pair of snow tires wont fix though."

Exelllent

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "all"

"ecxlente"

ALL AROUND GREAT VEHICLE EFFICIENT AND FUN!

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, efficient, good looks"

Cons: "no euro type r version availible"

"Had mazdas for a number of years, this was the best purchase i've made for a vehicle in terms of value. Great performance - mixed with efficiency, not the fastest car ever but it keeps it fun to drive and have had absolutely zero issues so far. Between this car and my work vehicles i drive over 70k a year, wish my employer would buy me one of these for over the road sales!"

Not the product Honda is known for

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Good price, great standard features"

Cons: "Shoddy quality interior materials, uncomfortable"

"I wish that I had researched consumer reviews before purchasing my 2012 Civic because in hindsight, many of the reviews that I have since read relay issues that I have faced since purchasing this vehicle. My biggest complaint from the beginning (and it is my own fault for not putting more emphasis on this during my car search)has been the sub-par quality of the interior materials in the car. The floor carpet and seating is a cheap material. I have since observed better quality in both a Kia model and a Hyundai model. The best feature of the Civic is undoubtedly the technology: the standard blue tooth access and ease of use of the technological features. The cons outnumber the pros for me though. Two years into ownership, I have had to replace the battery. After reading other reviews, it seems that the battery issue is a common problem with other owners of this model, although the dealership doesn't acknowledge a manufacturer's problem. The driving and front passenger seating is uncomfortable. The exterior paint started chipping at 12,00 miles. Many of these issues are probably to be expected from this price-point; but I expected Honda to be step above other manufacturers of economic sedans. Overall, I sadly say this will be my last Honda; and I will not recommend the Civic (the 2nd one I've owned) to others."

good but not great

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Honda engineering still at top of game"

Cons: "need to make the car quieter"

"I bought this car new for a long commute and comfortable seats. During the first 20,000 miles I kept accurate records for miles driven and gas consumed and averaged about 39 miles per gallon overall which was very impressive. Then the mileage started to drop to around 37 when I drove straight highway and around 29 in town. Now, at 43K it is getting 30 on the highway and 25 in town... there is no check engine light on but I am going to take it to the shop and have them do a diagnostic. I really have only a few issues with the car, otherwise it is a typically great Civic. I don't like the feel of the electric power steering and it has a lot road and wind noise. I recently went to the 2014 auto show in Portland and sat in every small car out there and nothing has the quality interior of a civic in my opinion. Our last civic, a 1991, was super reliable and this one is the same, except for the mileage issue which I hope is fixable."

Freeway Driver would love this

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Gas saving for freeway, Backup camera"

Cons: "Not for snowboard"

"Starting to own this Civic on 1/10/13 in Monrovia for $20500. With travel from OC area to LA with mostly traffic @35mpg improve to @39mpg when I change work that can have all freeway miles against traffic. It is not a car that 6 feet person will feel comfortable in. For people about 5 feet, it is uncomfortable for their length to step on the gas while sitting tall enough to see the traffic. Fun part with this car is the backup camera. You not only can turn it on with reverse shift, but you can hold the "source"+"menu" button to activate the "secret menu". It allows you to turn on the backup camera while driving forward. Disappointed while I expect the back seat can fold one seat down to put two snowboard, but the space in the gap is not enough for it to fit in. It requires two seat side down for the board to fit."

Love my Civic

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

"One of the best vehicles I have ever owned, and I have had a lot of vehicles"

Good car for the price

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Safe, reliable, handles well."

Cons: "Noisy on the highway"

"I got this car after my Subaru was totaled in an accident. It handles well in the snow, gets good gas mileage, is comfortable. It is a little noisier than I'd like on the highway. That is my only complaint. Great car for the price! I like it!"

Great Value

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

"I have a manual transmission and love it. Very zippy once you get past 3rd gear. Great gas milage even without the green button option."

Great on gas, very reliable.

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, performs well"

Cons: "No engine temp gauge, just cold and hot lights."

"Have had car almost one year, put 9,500 miles on it, great gas mileage, better then rated on highway. Rides well, handles excellent, has plenty of power. Very pleased with car. only problem I have had is a slight rattle on passenger side sometimes, that didn't rattle when I brought it to dealer to be fixed. Controls are easy to use and are very nice looking, most are on steering wheel, six speaker stereo sounds nice, USB port for my MP3 player which also will play through the cars blue tooth. I like the tiered dash, speed display is very easy to see. Very nice car. Top resale and safety pick."

owned 2012 fit this is much better value

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "great price;gas milage;ride"

Cons: "no rear cup holders"

"this car for money is twice the car of our 2012 fit and gets better gas milage"