2012 Honda Civic

Based on 286 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Nice style, great interior and smooth ride

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

"I traded in a 2008 Hoda Civic Hybrid for a 2013 Civic EX-L. When I first test drove the 2013 Civic I was very suprised with the new interior design and the smoth ride it provided. In fact I thought I was driving a much more expensive car. Hoda did a great job at keeping the price competitive. The steering is also much improved. I was attracted to the white pearl color and with the leather and heated seats/moonroof, back-up camera bluetooth, cell phone linking I have everything I need. Controls on the steering wheel are nice too and the new exterior design gives it a modern look rather than the dull boxy traditional Honda apprearance of previous models. Thanks for the redesign Honda. A home run and it was worth waiting for."

The 2013 Civic EX Sedan is a Winner

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "design, handling, charm, reliability"

Cons: "needed add on's for the ex model, accelaration mpg"

"This review is for the 2013 model. Designers brought back Honda fans', myself included, love of superior detail, the convenience of peppy agility, and good gas mileage. The 2013 Civic is fun to drive and charming. Turns are made on a dime. Although the car doesn't boast impressive numbers for horsepower, the car actually feels fast because of it's compact size and precise handling. The detailed interior and convenient controls, comfort of the seat, and perfectly-sized steering wheel make the driver trust that the car is there to serve him or her--not the other way around. The interesting color combinations, including dash displays, are easy on the eyes. All of these positive qualities converge to make the Civic feel extremely reliable and worth holding onto. This is exactly what I wanted when I considered purchasing a Honda. There are some opportunities with the Civic, but they are minor. The Ex sedan should have come with splash guards, side molding, and fog lamps. I had to make some extra purchases which brought the price up and reminded me that Honda's are a bit pricey. Also, the Ex should have keyless entry and start. The Bluetooth worked with my older android phone, but then stopped. I spent a couple of hours trying to work this out, but was unsuccessful. The gas mileage estimates are accurate, but I have had to accelerate much slower than expected to achieve the awesome gas mileage. Everything taken together, I would highly recommend this car to people of all ages."

FINALLY

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great all around car"

Cons: "not so great sound system on the base model"

"Just traded in my upgraded 2008 vw jetta and decided to go with the 2013 base model honda civic. Not only were the staff at the honda dealership friendly and professional this car is simply amazing. Ive only had this car for a few days but it is such a nice car to drive and so comfortable. If your in the market for a new car make sure you take the time to test drive this one! :)"

2012 much improved over last model

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage, peppy feel, much improved"

Cons: "moderate road noise"

"I owned a 2010 civic and loved it. What I didn't like about the 2010 was addressed in the 2012.... better gas mileage (I get 42 hywy), the rear seat ( 3 inches) and the noise and comfort level. (much better now). But other reviewers ... even the pros, rated it lower. Even consumer reports took it off their recommended list. I don't get it. Yes the design is not for everyone and they use hard plastic instead of soft ... but hard plastic will never crack in the sun and I never need to armour all it!. It's also improved in the safety area getting high marks for a small car. six air bags. So shoot me if I rate this higher because of all the improvements, but a hard dash does not negate all those improvements."

HAS EVERYTHING BEING LIKE A LUXURY CAR

By on Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pros: "Ride, gas mileage, controls, audio, blind spot"

Cons: "uncomfortable at times"

"Love my EX Civic on everything being like a top of the line vehicle. Its great in a smoother ride includes a new CVT transmission that isn't bad at all. Controls are excellent from having HONDALINK, blue tooth, Pandora, SXM, rear backup cam, heated seats, quiet drive and available eco mode that is best on giving a nicer ride to the car. The engine very powerful wish was available in a V6 but the 4 cylinder is awesome on performance of sports car instead economical car. The Civic with EX package came with blind spot monitoring, love the digital readouts on HVAC system and audio system while everything electronic is above the dashboard center. This car is roomier and is cream of the crop love the better resale value has its a excellent vehicle for the blue book price its looks more sportier but mostly luxury on the options included for EX package I have bought on this car. Its a really handsome compact car ever had even love the refreshed styling and better upgrades Honda gave the Civic on making it earn a better price and having a perfect resale value."